Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“@OTBPuckWatch: 99 F Matt Allen (Selects Academy) commits to Providence. Potentially a very high-end forward for the Friars down the line.”
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      “@OTBPuckWatch: 99 F Matt Allen (Selects Academy) commits to Providence. Potentially a very high-end forward for the Friars down the line.”
      That makes me feel old with him being a 99
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        That makes me feel old with him being a 99
        Doesn't it.

Knew the kid was a local player, but he is so young he never even played a year or 2 at the Catholic high schools before jumping to prep/juniors. Assuming he sticks with the Selects program another year he would play for Devin Rask
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Doesn't it.

Knew the kid was a local player, but he is so young he never even played a year or 2 at the Catholic high schools before jumping to prep/juniors. Assuming he sticks with the Selects program another year he would play for Devin Rask
          Even worse...a Devin Rask reference.,.now I feel like one of those old cronies, I remember when he played!

Comment

Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Gillies is returning and Hellybuyck is leaving. No offense to UML fans, but that's great news for the rest of us. Now to get Gaudreau to leave early...
            Last edited by Jon; 04-07-2014, 12:25 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Gillies is returning and Hellybuyck is leaving. No offense to UML fans, but that's great news for the rest of us. Now to get Gaudreau to leave early...
              And Brian Burke will work on that too
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

And Brian Burke will work on that too
                Brian Burke will do whats best for Brian Burke. If he thought Gilles was mature/good enough now to help the big club or his AHL club then he would of signed him. The same goes for Gaudreau.

Comment

Originally posted by puckster911 View Post
                  Brian Burke will do whats best for Brian Burke. If he thought Gilles was mature/good enough now to help the big club or his AHL club then he would of signed him. The same goes for Gaudreau.
                  bad news for you puckster, the non signing was Gillies decision. he didn't drive around in his pick up truck for 3 or 4 hours deciding how to answer Burke not offering

Nice thought though

Hmmmm, I think I will drive around for 5 or 6 hrs deciding to say, "oh, that sucks", or "I will show you"!!

Seriously

Comment

I have to agree, if Jon really looked at the entire years performance honestly he had to see he was not ready for the pro schedule and the quality of play from all the lines.....this decision will allow for growth both physically and mentally and give him some fun that a young man needs while maturing..........It also makes me very happy !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                      I have to agree, if Jon really looked at the entire years performance honestly he had to see he was not ready for the pro schedule and the quality of play from all the lines.....this decision will allow for growth both physically and mentally and give him some fun that a young man needs while maturing..........It also makes me very happy !!!!!
                      I'm glad Jon is going to stay with us and continue posting on these boards. However I can't imagine all that time driving around Roslindale. Now about Gillies decision, it too is cause for celebrating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        I'm glad Jon is going to stay with us and continue posting on these boards. However I can't imagine all that time driving around Roslindale. Now about Gillies decision, it too is cause for celebrating.
                        Well played. Very very well played.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

From Divver: "Four PC & Brown recruits on NHL Central Scouting list: Friars' Walman (47), Bears' Willman (116), Bird (117) and Lafferty (184)."

Good news for you, better news for us.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            From Divver: "Four PC & Brown recruits on NHL Central Scouting list: Friars' Walman (47), Bears' Willman (116), Bird (117) and Lafferty (184)."

Good news for you, better news for us.
                            PC doesn't have many recruits that are eligible for the draft...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              PC doesn't have many recruits that are eligible for the draft...
                              This is true of the 3 key recruits coming in Walman is listed, Pinho was drafted last year and I believe Day is past draft eligible. Hart, Tait, Lemos, and Alvaro will still be draft eligible next year. Young, Lee, Foley and Allen are still not draft egible.
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Good article by Divver on the latest PC recruit.
                                http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...igh-for-pc.ece

Comment

Working...
                                X