This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So is Gilles coming back? Inquiring minds want to know...
    The decision ultimately rests with a former PC captain.
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
      I'm strongly considering going out there for the PC games--what airport did you fly in to?
      Grand Forks....
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Derek signs with Wheeling Nailers

“@JGillies32: congrats to one of the hardest working guys I know on signing with the Wheeling Nailers, couldn't have… http://Instagram.com/p/mVqPJ-PaBY/”
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

All the best to a real class act.......

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Derek signs with Wheeling Nailers

“@JGillies32: congrats to one of the hardest working guys I know on signing with the Wheeling Nailers, couldn't have… http://Instagram.com/p/mVqPJ-PaBY/”

Comment

And Gilles will be back according to his twitter

https://***********/jgillies32/statu...36894033481728

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              I'm strongly considering going out there for the PC games--what airport did you fly in to?
              flew boston-minn with connection to Grand Forks (Delta)
              Went outside to get cab but had to go back in terminal and call cab

Comment

Originally posted by the zlax45 View Post
                and gilles will be back according to his twitter

https://***********/jgillies32/statu...36894033481728
                yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                  yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Mrs Jon and I will dance festively.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Mrs Jon and I will dance festively.
                    It sounds like he didnt have any other viable options than go back to PC for his junior year. I guess he could of signed with Quebec in the QMJHL but that is a huge step down from Hockey East. Lets face it the second half of this season he basically played himself out of a contract.

Comment

Steve Shamanski has signed with Fort Wayne ECHL
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by puckster911 View Post
                        It sounds like he didnt have any other viable options than go back to PC for his junior year. I guess he could of signed with Quebec in the QMJHL but that is a huge step down from Hockey East. Lets face it the second half of this season he basically played himself out of a contract.
                        I should let Hokey gives you the facts but basically after the first few games back, which was the same issue we had with Goepfert a decade ago, he was solid. Last 13 games he let in 26 goals never more than 3 in a game and this included 5 playoff games
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Exactly Cav just like Goepfert went thru but Gillies recovered quicker and now will show the rest of HE who the Best Goal tender is.....and I couldn't be happier !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            I should let Hokey gives you the facts but basically after the first few games back, which was the same issue we had with Goepfert a decade ago, he was solid. Last 13 games he let in 26 goals never more than 3 in a game and this included 5 playoff games
                            65/68 saves, 964 save % 1.5 ga in ncaa regional finals and all against two of the top offensive teams in the country, Hockey East defensive player of the week.

yea, he collapsed

He is coming back because he rightly feels pc has a chsnce to take the next step. There isnt a coach outside of pc who is happy about the announcement.

If he wantef to leave and sign he would have at the max contract level.
                            great news for the program

Comment

Well I am happy Mr. Gillies is coming back. Good decision if you ask me.

Comment

It is a great decision for PC fans but it will be terrible if he suffers a major injury and the way these teams have been crashing the net, there will be more in 2014-2015

Comment

Working...
                                X