Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobey Baker Top-10

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
    Davey Starman is getting rightly bludgeoned for declaring that someone other than Gaudreau will win this thing. On this week's podcast he had the ridiculous assertion that 'traveling' ought to be factored into the equation. As in, a player who has to go by PLANE to most games ought to rise above some plebe who only has trolley rides and quick bus trips for their away games.
    You absolutely must be joking
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      You absolutely must be joking
      What's he supposed to say? "It's a lock, folks, no reason to visit our site for another 10 days"?!? Those ads don't click themselves, you know.

Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Davey Starman is getting rightly bludgeoned for declaring that someone other than Gaudreau will win this thing. On this week's podcast he had the ridiculous assertion that 'traveling' ought to be factored into the equation. As in, a player who has to go by PLANE to most games ought to rise above some plebe who only has trolley rides and quick bus trips for their away games. Starman declares he doesn't have an anti-BC bias, but long gone are the days when we 'believe' what media hacks say.
        I'd say what I think of Starman and his hockey knowledge, in general (which is by and large made up of hockey cliche's), except that decorum prevents from using language like that in a public forum.

My parents always told me that if you can't anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all.

So, I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          I'd say what I think of Starman and his hockey knowledge, in general (which is by and large made up of hockey cliche's), except that decorum prevents from using language like that in a public forum.

My parents always told me that if you can't anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all.

So, I won't.
          Your parents aren't here and we don't do decorum on this board....fire away.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

If Dowd or Carey does win it, how long do BC fans wait before they burn down Philly?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Here's a look at the game-by-game stats of the 3 finalists...
              Johnny Gaudreau
              Greg Carey
              Nic Dowd
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                If Dowd or Carey does win it, how long do BC fans wait before they burn down Philly?
                depends on if bc is playing saturday night or not

Comment

If Philly burned down, would anyone be able to tell?
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Davey Starman is getting rightly bludgeoned for declaring that someone other than Gaudreau will win this thing. On this week's podcast he had the ridiculous assertion that 'traveling' ought to be factored into the equation. As in, a player who has to go by PLANE to most games ought to rise above some plebe who only has trolley rides and quick bus trips for their away games. Starman declares he doesn't have an anti-BC bias, but long gone are the days when we 'believe' what media hacks say.
                    Well, in Starman's defense he might has well keep going. He got Dowd in the Hat Trick in despite Wilcox deserving the spot. If I was a BC fan I'd be happy with Starman he made the award between three forwards which I my mind cemented it even more for Gaudreau. If Wilcox gets in you might have actually had people vote for him, because Goalies are the usually the biggest factor on the ice and a lot of people vote that way. Carey is twenty points behind Gaudreau and his team wasn't even five hundred and Nic Dowd might have had a good year, but he was over 30 points behind Gaudreau and his defense isn't that great to justify. While Dowd's team did make the regional finals on his OT shot they didn't make the Frozen Four like Gaudreau's did. I think this will be a landslide as it should be.
                    Used RCA television $60
                    Monthly Cable bill $40
                    Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                    P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                      Well, in Starman's defense he might has well keep going. He got Dowd in the Hat Trick in despite Wilcox deserving the spot. If I was a BC fan I'd be happy with Starman he made the award between three forwards which I my mind cemented it even more for Gaudreau. If Wilcox gets in you might have actually had people vote for him, because Goalies are the usually the biggest factor on the ice and a lot of people vote that way. Carey is twenty points behind Gaudreau and his team wasn't even five hundred and Nic Dowd might have had a good year, but he was over 30 points behind Gaudreau and his defense isn't that great to justify. While Dowd's team did make the regional finals on his OT shot they didn't make the Frozen Four like Gaudreau's did. I think this will be a landslide as it should be.
                      There is not another vote once the Hat Trick is announced. The hat trick is just the three highest vote getters with #1 being announced a couple weeks later as the winner.

Comment

would be intefesting to see how carey vs gaudreau would be if they swapped jerseys
                        he would have had 80+

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          would be intefesting to see how carey vs gaudreau would be if they swapped jerseys
                          he would have had 80+
                          lol you are the least subtle troller ever

Comment

what does troll mean? you do get the fact this is a public board and anyone that wants to offer up anything they can. at the end of the day two or three people attacking anyond outside their click/circle of trust is simply another form of bullying

if you can burn the flag yku sure as hell can post on here

Comment

what does troll mean? you do get the fact this is a public board and anyone that wants to offer up anything they can. at the end of the day two or three people attacking anyond outside their click/circle of trust is simply another form of bullying

if you can burn the flag yku sure as hell can post on here

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                he would have had 80+
                                That may be true. But IMO, I think Johnny puts up big stats whether he plays for BC or Northeastern. I've seen some pretty special hockey players over the past 17 years, but I've never seen anyone control the game and the pace of play like JG does when the puck is on his stick. There are so many aspects to his game that just can't be taught. One of a kind, IMO.
                                Last edited by FiveHole12; 04-05-2014, 05:04 PM.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X