Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Well, Minnesota State hockey gets no love from the "experts" on ESPNU. In making their picks for the regionals, one picked Boston College and the other picked Lowell out of the northeast regional. When asked to pick their upset choice for the whole tournament, one picked Denver.

So, of the four teams in the northeast regional, only Minnesota State got no mention.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      Well, Minnesota State hockey gets no love from the "experts" on ESPNU. In making their picks for the regionals, one picked Boston College and the other picked Lowell out of the northeast regional. When asked to pick their upset choice for the whole tournament, one picked Denver.

So, of the four teams in the northeast regional, only Minnesota State got no mention.
      Not to go all Yogi Berra on you, but until you do it, you haven't done it. We won't get picked to win stuff until we've won stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

Interestingly, the northeast was the only regional with any variability. They're all over union, wisco, minny. I'm shocked at their love for wisco.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
          Interestingly, the northeast was the only regional with any variability. They're all over union, wisco, minny. I'm shocked at their love for wisco.

r
          Wisconsin was being pushed big time by ESPN last year as the "hot" team. Then the ran into Lowell and were dismantled in the first game of the regional 6-1. It was laughable.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            Wisconsin was being pushed big time by ESPN last year as the "hot" team. Then the ran into Lowell and were dismantled in the first game of the regional 6-1. It was laughable.
            I'm definitely shocked at how much love their nuts are getting. The B1G love affair is in full force!

r

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              I'd be perfectly happy if BC doesn't make it that far
              I certainly agree!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

I'm definitely shocked at how much love their nuts are getting. The B1G love affair is in full force!

r
                brand name school, all espn knows is branding
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

Good. Flying under the radar is better anyways.

Earlier this week, Erik Haula said that he'd bet every cent he has on Lowell to beat the Mavs.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    brand name school, all espn knows is branding
                    It's working well for the bad-gers tonight.

r

Comment

It's working well for the bad-gers tonight.

r
                      Yes, they put the bad in BADgers.

Rumpel < Hellebuyck

Hobey finalist?
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Good. Flying under the radar is better anyways.

Earlier this week, Erik Haula said that he'd bet every cent he has on Lowell to beat the Mavs.
                        Are you suggesting that what tv pundits and fans think is going to somehow influence how Lowell approaches this game? Like, because some guy says Minnesota State has no shot, that Lowell is going to look past this game?

What a silly notion.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

I'm sure that no Mavericks player is terribly concerned with what a former Gopher player thinks.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

So how many Maverick and Pioneer fans made the trip out? How many are local?
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              Are you suggesting that what tv pundits and fans think is going to somehow influence how Lowell approaches this game? Like, because some guy says Minnesota State has no shot, that Lowell is going to look past this game?

What a silly notion.
                              Was I not the one earlier in this thread that stated it's foolish to do think that?

Players do read social media and look around to see what is said. It's part of the world we live in now, and teams in all sports have said it's just a simple reminder of motivation and that a group of guys embrace being "under the radar".
                              AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                So how many Maverick and Pioneer fans made the trip out? How many are local?
                                Not many, although there will be a group of 40 Boston natives there for Johnny McInnis.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X