Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    The best goal scorer in the country vs. the best goaltender in the country.
    Who BC potted 3 against in their last meeting against said goaltender. Only 1 of the 3 from their only line.
    You guys nervous? You should be.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      You guys nervous? You should be.
      So nervous, I may not leave my house
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out how BC is even here.
        So is esteemed college hockey prognosticator Davey Starman, who 'really liked' Denver going into yesterday's game, thought that Lowell would sleep-walk into the FF, and that anyone else not named Goudreau would win the Hobey. Yes, he'll be reminded of all this in due course.
        Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Well, if nothing else, at least this guarantees a Hockey East team in the Frozen Four.

Man, I'm petrified of this game. We were given a tough tough game by a very good team. Now we take on a team that is even better (no slight to MSM, BC is better).
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
            Yes, he'll be reminded of all this in due course.
            He was going at it w some fans on twitter yesterday re Gaudreau

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              and there's the very definition of a backhanded compliment. "A good team will beat us badly if we play that bad again."
              Sorry you felt that way. BC isn't a good team. They're a great team with some amazing talent.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

starman seems to have fallen back on the "i don't care anymore" excuse on twitter. used more colorful language, not very professional for someone who represents the college game as much as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  starman seems to have fallen back on the "i don't care anymore" excuse on twitter. used more colorful language, not very professional for someone who represents the college game as much as he does.
                  Considering his apparent level of expertise, I think I prefer he not be associated with the sport.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Was surprised to see the tarps over the seats in the arena last night. I don't recall them ever doing that before. They seemed to have cleaners the place, new painted walls, signage and concessions. Though they ran out of a bunch of things, not sure how that happens given that the games were far from sold out. I thought Lowell was a little sloppy early on. Mankato played them very tough. Can't be that sloppy today. I'm really not sure what to expect.

Had HE and WCHA commissioners sitting right in front of me for the Lowell/Mankato game. I would've thought they would've been further down and not up in the corner. Ben Smith, former Terrier assistant coach, NU head coach and Team USA women's head coach was also there and Dick DeCaprio from HE, who was my gym teacher in elementary and high school. Heh.

Comment

These are two of the very best teams in the country. Shame one has to go out today. Maybe we should cry about the committee having Western Bias and trying to knock one of these teams out.

This is a tough matchup for BC. The defense can't turn the puck over or force bad passes like they did against Notre Dame. If they do, it could be a long night.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

don sweeney, tom fitzgerald in the house as well as former great bc high coach joe mccabe. pride of dedham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Had HE and WCHA commissioners sitting right in front of me for the Lowell/Mankato game. I would've thought they would've been further down and not up in the corner. Ben Smith, former Terrier assistant coach, NU head coach and Team USA women's head coach was also there and Dick DeCaprio from HE, who was my gym teacher in elementary and high school. Heh.
                          name dropper
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Time to pull out our Worcester secret weapon. 4PM Mass at St. Vincent's Hospital Chapel just across the street before the game. God doesn't choose sides but someone out there may be trying to figure out how to get both game and Mass in today.

http://ourladyofprovidence.net/index.php/liturgy
                            Last edited by BC/HE; 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Maybe he can 'delete' those Tweets; it seems to work so well for everyone that's tried it
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

while matheson still terrifies me on defense this is a game where bc could use some secondary offense from him. phenomenal skater, helped set up gaudreau's hat trick goal by taking it hard to the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X