Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

I like it!!! People are getting worked up about their players getting the shaft and it's only Tuesday. My popcorn is ready for this show!
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Yeah...I hope we rethink that. As proud as I am to support the team, I'm also of the mind that it's overkill.
      plus you have 2 or 3 nice and pretty NCAA DII title banners up there so it's not like you need to cheapen anything with overkill like the regional one from last year as you mention

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        plus you have 2 or 3 nice and pretty NCAA DII title banners up there so it's not like you need to cheapen anything with overkill like the regional one from last year as you mention
        One banner for tournaments, IMO. If you want to ID F4s use a different color
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Lowell make a run in the tournament. As a Merrimack guy, it's great to see our historic rival do so well. Best of luck

Comment

I'm just hoping Boston College doesn't embarrass themselves. Some very tough teams in this bracket and I hope we can compete.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I'm just hoping Boston College doesn't embarrass themselves. Some very tough teams in this bracket and I hope we can compete.
              If it makes you feel better DU is a lot like Lowell or ND, only with less offense.
              So if you good against that type of game you are all set.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So uh, the official pre-game party for Lowell fans has been set:

http://www.1nichexchange.com/citizen-wine-bar.php

What goes better with hockey than wine, cheese and chocolate?

Lowell hockey followers are quite cultured and have impeccable taste but this might be a stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post

Lowell hockey followers are quite cultured and have impeccable taste but this might be a stretch.
                  I agree, but what are we going to do? It's worcester
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post

Yikes.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      I agree, but what are we going to do? It's worcester
                      Sadly, Patman's right. I don't think there's a lot right around the arena (that you can walk to) that can also host as many as Lowell probably expects.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Sadly, Patman's right. I don't think there's a lot right around the arena (that you can walk to) that can also host as many as Lowell probably expects.
                        Have been here before. Beer selection is AWESOME! The food is a eally good as well. And its really close to the rink.
                        Also - huge patio.
                        I think its a solid choice.
                        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Well, after my team loses the only thing better is whine, crown royal, and chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            I agree FiveHole12. Signed Nervous Nellie

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            If it makes you feel better DU is a lot like Lowell or ND, only with less offense.
                            So if you good against that type of game you are all set.
                            we aren't

Comment

Just stopping by to see what y'all are up to here. I'm amused that my primary viewing game in the overlapping game time slot is on ESPN3. This should be a great game. Of course that's what I thought about UML's 1st Manch game last year.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I'd go so far to say that with 1191 shots faced, DU is a lot like Lowell or ND, only with less offense and defense.
                                Last edited by COHockey; 03-25-2014, 03:59 PM. Reason: 1110 saves, 1191 shots faced

Comment

Working...
                                X