Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

One of the best college hockey games I attended. Congrats to BC. I am rooting for you the rest if the season.

As for Lowell - it's been a fun ride. Hoping some of these talented underclass men stay.
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. Iā€™m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. Weā€™re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

That game was frigging nuts
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Unbelievably intense game. My nerves were already shot going into the third. I almost had a stroke when BC gave UML the lead in the first minute. Then Ryan Fitzgerald stepped up and was like medication busting up the blood clot. I'm happy I survived that game with any hair or fingernails left. It was every bit as tight as I thought it would be. I figured UML to be a tough out and they sure were. Congrats to UML on a great season, you've nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a shame they and BC were both in the same regional as both teams were and are absolutely Frozen Four worthy.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Dave Kujan: Do you believe in him, Verbal?
          Verbal: Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is BC.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Was cool to see a bunch of peeps in Worcester. Sorry I missed you, Scarlet. Have a good time in Philly.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post

Great season and 3 year run for Lowell. Let's keep it going!
              I have no doubt you guys will. A bunch of classy fans who represent HE well. Well done Riverhawks

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              that's not an earth shattering prediction...now be a good little unh fan and just enjoy watching other teams play in april
              lol

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              two class teams that represent what is good in college hockey.
              for sure
              Originally posted by goblue View Post
              Aaaarrrggh. The only Hockey East team to advance to the FF is the only HE team I didn't want to see advance. Anyway, good game tonight by both teams. Congrats, BC, yet again. Good luck against Union -- who I am pulling for to win what I would believe would be their first national championship. BC, NoDak and (assuming they win tonight) Minny have each had more than their fair share.
              so much for Hockey East solidarity

Comment

• Congrats to BC on their victory. What an amazing up and down game. Two very worthy teams. Congrats to UML for a great season and a fun ride. Good luck BC in the FF.
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  so much for Hockey East solidarity
                  Poor, poor BC fans . You never get any respect, do you?
                  Hey, good luck in the FF, Joe -- if you get past Union, I'll root against either of your other opponents in the final -- hey, if 3 of the 4 teams have an embarrassment of riches, then it might as well be BC, right? (And yes, I know, UNH has an embarrassment of a trophy case . I'll take that retort away before anybody picks up on it. Still, it was a banner year for us .)
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Congrats BC. Great freakin' team. Wow.

This one hurts, and it will for a while. But everytime I think that it hurts, I remember what Lowell has done the last three seasons. And I smile proudly. Well done boys. You have represented your school and yourselves better than anyone could have ever asked. Thank you.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      is their an age limit, toothless wonder who scored is 25
                      Is there a math prerequisite at UNH? He was born 9/5/89 ... which makes him 24. Just like Speelman and Silengo at UNH.

Ah but who needs facts?
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Is there a math prerequisite at UNH? He was born 9/5/89 ... which makes him 24. Just like Speelman and Silengo at UNH.

Ah but who needs facts?
                        Perfect candidate for the ignore list.

Dopeā„¢
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4
                          It's a thing that the Lowells and merrimacks have to do.
                          Disagree, but not the argument for today.

Awesome game, Norm is a hell of a coach.

Comment

Rewatching last night's game.

The "DROP. THE. PUCK" chant? http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Rewatching last night's game.

The "DROP. THE. PUCK" chant? http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif
                              Lowell's bands been doing that for years, and more students have picked up on it as well. It helps to make us not as annoyed by the stupid holding of the puck that the linesmen do at times.
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Lowell's bands been doing that for years, and more students have picked up on it as well. It helps to make us not as annoyed by the stupid holding of the puck that the linesmen do at times.
                                yeah, I remember that at Tsongas the saturday night BC was there. That guy held the puck an insane amount of time, almost doing it purposely. It was ridiculous and he was hearing it in that corner

Comment

Working...
                                X