Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Title: Wisconsin rivals battle in Maine - UWSP vs SNC

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    IIRC, UWEC lost a lot from its title team and started the year at #1. And it ended up struggling in its own conference and didn't make the tourney. Polls aren't worth a whole lot other than to give people something to talk about... SNC will start #1 but that's as much tradition for the defending champion as anything else.
    I've actually been working on the SUNYAC Preview for 2014-2015 and in doing so calculated the % lost in all the major offensive categories. I then continued on to the last D3Hockey Top 15. While SNC is losing 23%, its not Trinity's 4% nor is it close to Utica's 57% points loss. Norwich, Amherst, Bowdoin, UWEC, Babson and Utica all lose 30% or more. Top 5 returning, Trinity, Oswego, Adrian, Plattsburgh and UWSP....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      Teams sharing a plane home - fans at the airport #awkward #security
      #ncaaspendsomemoneyonD3

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        IIRC, UWEC lost a lot from its title team and started the year at #1. And it ended up struggling in its own conference and didn't make the tourney. Polls aren't worth a whole lot other than to give people something to talk about... SNC will start #1 but that's as much tradition for the defending champion as anything else.
        Agreed about Polls, but not about UWEC struggling. It won the WIAC Championship sending UWSP home before SNC did it to them for the second time. The Blugolds only problem this season was its SOS. 6 of its 8 losses were to either SNC or UWSP. Other then that, undefeated against the MIAC (including defeating St Thomas), beating everyone that is in the SNCHA (that they played) except SNC. So all things considered they got better as the season went along and should be an exciting team to follow next season.

On a separate note, congrats SNC and company on another Championship. 1st place team on and off the ice. Well earned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
          Agreed about Polls, but not about UWEC struggling. It won the WIAC Championship sending UWSP home before SNC did it to them for the second time. The Blugolds only problem this season was its SOS. 6 of its 8 losses were to either SNC or UWSP. Other then that, undefeated against the MIAC (including defeating St Thomas), beating everyone that is in the SNCHA (that they played) except SNC. So all things considered they got better as the season went along and should be an exciting team to follow next season.

On a separate note, congrats SNC and company on another Championship. 1st place team on and off the ice. Well earned!!
          You are correct. I forgot about the playoff title. I was referring more to the 6-5-1 conference record. With no bid at stake I hadn't paid that much attention to the title game. My apologies. And thanks for the kind words.
          Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 03-22-2014, 09:36 PM.
          St. Norbert College Green Knights
          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          ---
          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            When listing the seniors both SNC and Point are losing, did the play-by-play commentator really just say he still expects both teams to be ranked in the top 25 to start next season!?
            I would take that bet.

Great game. Congrats to SNC and fans on another great season and Championship!
            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by daveo View Post
              I think he said point but maybe both. Why wouldn't they be?
              Yeah, I think it would be safe to say both teams will be in the preseason top 25.

I think Concordia, MN is a lock too...

Just making a joke about the play by play guy. Would have love to have heard Tim D's call all weekend, but all in all I thought the NCAA coverage was decent. I liked the different camera angles even though some of them were whack.

Congrats to SNC on a fantastic run. What a way for a great group of seniors to go out...
              Last edited by altazo; 03-22-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Perry is really the only big scorer they lose but there is a ton leaving as far as grit and defensive zone play in Hoogenboom, McCadden, Higgins, Campbell, McDonald, and I'd heard about Fiala likely graduating early and since it got talked about on the broadcast it's probably OK to mention.

Who cares about next year yet though? Great job bringing home #4 boys.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Someone at USCHO must really dislike SNC. I've been following this site for years and this is by far the longest it's ever taken for a team photo/ game recap to be posted on their site. Couple that with the recent delays for anything SNC related to post and I think we have a sour puss somewhere in hockey land.

Comment

Conspiracy? Or just an org who has surrendered D3 to "the other site". No articles worth reading here for last couple years. forum only thing of value d3wise.....
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I'm not sure. It's up now. So I can be quiet.

Comment

I'm not sure. It's up now. So I can be quiet.
                        I was joking with you - the editorial support for D3 on this site has all but disappeared...I would not take any slight or shortcoming personally...it is what it is.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          Yeah, I think it would be safe to say both teams will be in the preseason top 25.

I think Concordia, MN is a lock too...

Just making a joke about the play by play guy. Would have love to have heard Tim D's call all weekend, but all in all I thought the NCAA coverage was decent. I liked the different camera angles even though some of them were whack.

Congrats to SNC on a fantastic run. What a way for a great group of seniors to go out...
                          Tim and Chris were doing play by play via SNC's website; unfortunately the championship game that lag'd the video by almost 30 seconds, so we switched back to NCAA announcers for 2nd and 3rd periods.
                          But found it interesting NCAA streamed the awards, but no announcer, so back to Tim and Chris

Comment

Someone at USCHO must really dislike SNC. I've been following this site for years and this is by far the longest it's ever taken for a team photo/ game recap to be posted on their site. Couple that with the recent delays for anything SNC related to post and I think we have a sour puss somewhere in hockey land.
                            They're green with envy....
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                              Tim and Chris were doing play by play via SNC's website; unfortunately the championship game that lag'd the video by almost 30 seconds, so we switched back to NCAA announcers for 2nd and 3rd periods.
                              But found it interesting NCAA streamed the awards, but no announcer, so back to Tim and Chris
                              All you had to do was pause the SNC feed for that time delay and it synced up perfect for the rest of the game. We watched the NCAA feed and listened to Tim and Chris. Was a great combo.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                                Perry is really the only big scorer they lose but there is a ton leaving as far as grit and defensive zone play in Hoogenboom, McCadden, Higgins, Campbell, McDonald, and I'd heard about Fiala likely graduating early and since it got talked about on the broadcast it's probably OK to mention.

Who cares about next year yet though? Great job bringing home #4 boys.
                                no...I said #34 or #66...not #4.
                                "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X