2014 IIHF U18 Women's World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    I would suggest that Maria Lewis, known for her scouting prowess that helped build Mercyhurst and then North Dakota, would be an excellent choise as scout and head coach for the U18 program and National teams.
    Team USA scouts? Maybe they just do that in the East, because I've only ever seen Canadians scouting around here.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Team USA scouts? Maybe they just do that in the East, because I've only ever seen Canadians scouting around here.
      Ah, what do you think Coach O was doing in all those cold, dimly lit rinks of the midwest a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        Ah, what do you think Coach O was doing in all those cold, dimly lit rinks of the midwest a few years ago?
        Scouting U-18. When you said "national" team, I thought you meant the older kids as well. I just wonder why nobody is ever at a game like when Wisconsin plays Minnesota. I'll see the Canadian scouts, and there have to be as many US prospects on the ice.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Re: 2014 IIHF U18 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Scouting U-18. When you said "national" team, I thought you meant the older kids as well. I just wonder why nobody is ever at a game like when Wisconsin plays Minnesota. I'll see the Canadian scouts, and there have to be as many US prospects on the ice.
          I believe he was indeed scouting the older girls, though I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Hello- long time reader, short time poster so please forgive if I do not post things correctly. My D is playing Prep School in New England and I have gained a lot of valuable information from this forum as we look at college options. In Marlboro for Nationals and saw some comments so wanted to provide an update.

Heading into the Quarters Assabet was not eliminated they came in first in their division with the first game being against Mission. I saw most of the game and it was a great back and forth game but I did think Assabet had the edge. They do have weakness in the D but they were able to compensate. Team Pittsburgh is looking good with a short bench.

Assabet, Mission, Pittsburgh, Shattucks, Polar Bears, Bison, Washington Pride, Honey Baked are in the quarter finals tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SamB View Post
              Hello- long time reader, short time poster so please forgive if I do not post things correctly. My D is playing Prep School in New England and I have gained a lot of valuable information from this forum as we look at college options. In Marlboro for Nationals and saw some comments so wanted to provide an update.

Heading into the Quarters Assabet was not eliminated they came in first in their division with the first game being against Mission. I saw most of the game and it was a great back and forth game but I did think Assabet had the edge. They do have weakness in the D but they were able to compensate. Team Pittsburgh is looking good with a short bench.

Assabet, Mission, Pittsburgh, Shattucks, Polar Bears, Bison, Washington Pride, Honey Baked are in the quarter finals tomorrow morning.
              To follow up with todays results-

Assabet & Mission, SSM &Honey Baked made it to the semi-finals.

Assabet, for the second time all tournament, beat Mission. Assabet dominated both ends of the ice. Chicago was very flat and really did not put up a contest at all.

SSM beat Honey Baked in the 3rd OT.

Assabet and SSM in finals tomorrow.

Comment

Final update for Nationals-

Assabet beats Shattucks 2-0 in the U19 Finals.

In other games Assabet wins U14 and Shattucks wins U16.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                  I agree with you 100%!

You need a TT, but not a 12th ranked TT. Someone needs to play D against their TT.

TT is Taylar Cianfarano.

I just had a thought, why don't we have Chicago Mission play Canada? CM has 1 player on the u18 team. Assabet & Shattucks have to many.

Chicago Wins u19 National Championship.

BTW, Assabet goes out in Round 1 of Nationals. They have no Defense, even though Carl thinks they do. Hahahah.

Shattucks, they won't go to the Semi's. 3/4 kids don't make a team. And yes, I know that SSM has 5 players on the u18 team.
                  Well, you couldn't have been more wrong. Mission lose to Assabet TWICE, Shattuck and Assabet get to final, Assabet wins. Hope you didn't bet the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                    Well, you couldn't have been more wrong. Mission lose to Assabet TWICE, Shattuck and Assabet get to final, Assabet wins. Hope you didn't bet the farm.
                    dam n Mission!

Comment

Not sure if this would be the right thread to post but the PWHL Championship was decided today over in Canada with Whitby winning it for a second straight year. I noticed that Victoria Bach didn't play for the Chiefs for a second straight game which probably really hurt their chances. Anyone know why? Injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        Not sure if this would be the right thread to post but the PWHL Championship was decided today over in Canada with Whitby winning it for a second straight year. I noticed that Victoria Bach didn't play for the Chiefs for a second straight game which probably really hurt their chances. Anyone know why? Injured?
                        I think she was suspended but for what I am not sure.
                        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Every September we hear how Assabet is losing it. "This year's team is not nearly as strong as previous years." No Defenseman, Not enough goal scorers.................... Well Assabet wins again! That's three in a row and four of the last five U-19 National Championships. This years' team at Nationals had no losses, scored the most goals and gave up the fewest in the tournament. Chicago Mission was the favorite coming into this tournament. (Right Call-It?) The 2 games may appear close on paper but they were not. Chicago's first line is very talented but did not share the puck. In the second game Assabet dominated from the drop of the puck out shooting Mission almost 3-1. Not bad for a team that practices once a week and hadn't played a game since December.
                          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                            Every September we hear how Assabet is losing it. "This year's team is not nearly as strong as previous years." No Defenseman, Not enough goal scorers.................... Well Assabet wins again! That's three in a row and four of the last five U-19 National Championships. This years' team at Nationals had no losses, scored the most goals and gave up the fewest in the tournament. Chicago Mission was the favorite coming into this tournament. (Right Call-It?) The 2 games may appear close on paper but they were not. Chicago's first line is very talented but did not share the puck. In the second game Assabet dominated from the drop of the puck out shooting Mission almost 3-1. Not bad for a team that practices once a week and hadn't played a game since December.
                            Now don't go all crazy, UCONN FAN. The first Mission game was a very even game with Chicago ahead midway through and even shots/play (to your point - the semi game was a walkover). And you've got a line of kids from St Pauls and a bunch of kids from Nobles that play together all season and the team practices together on Sundays in Feb/March, so it's not like they didn't see each other for 3 months and just showed up to play Nationals (that would be Team Pittsburgh). Regardless, congratulations - a well-earned win!

Comment

I see the other 2 teams from MA (Bay State Breakers and East Coast Wizards) also played their last games before Nationals in December. How are these 3 teams from MA chosen and when? Do they draw from roughly the same pool or do they represent, say, different regions of MA?

Comment

Now don't go all crazy, UCONN FAN. The first Mission game was a very even game with Chicago ahead midway through and even shots/play (to your point - the semi game was a walkover). And you've got a line of kids from St Pauls and a bunch of kids from Nobles that play together all season and the team practices together on Sundays in Feb/March, so it's not like they didn't see each other for 3 months and just showed up to play Nationals (that would be Team Pittsburgh). Regardless, congratulations - a well-earned win!
                                Yes I'm not trying to say we off the ice for 3 months. It's just hard getting games scheduled during the prep year. I think that played into our slow start in the first game. Both of those top 2 lines were very good all weekend and having them play together at their school is a plus. 5 players returning from this team and same coaches. Hope to make a run at it again next season.
                                Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Working...
                                X