• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Hey, you guys have yours!
    We have our own reality, too.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...730-story.html

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        tl; dr: House sues Obama for having (D) after name, just like Clinton.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          tl; dr: House sues Obama for having (D) after name, just like Clinton.
          If somebody can stop government by Executive Order, my hat is off to them.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              If somebody can stop government by Executive Order, my hat is off to them.

Where were these objections when Bush was President???
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                It has to stop sometime otherwise the next administration will be worse.

BHO is a bit blatant about it saying that he is willing to use EO's to bypass the legislative branch. Maybe others have thought it, but others did not say it.

Harry Truman railed against the "Do Nothing Congress" as part of the 1948 election. He asked the voters to change the culture but did not (outside of drafting the steel (railroad? ) workers during a strike) go outside of Congre$$ to get his way.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I can't wait until there is a Republican president in there and they do anything substantive by executive order. The howling (and hypocrisy) around here will be deafening. Just goes to show more and more people care about the end result they want to see and don't give a hoot how they get there.

Obama's overreach in trying to govern to a significant extent by executive order should be a scary thing to everyone who values our government system (which is functioning poorly due to abuse from all sides, but is better than what we see elsewhere in the world).
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It has to stop sometime otherwise the next administration will be worse.

BHO is a bit blatant about it saying that he is willing to use EO's to bypass the legislative branch. Maybe others have thought it, but others did not say it.

Harry Truman railed against the "Do Nothing Congress" as part of the 1948 election. He asked the voters to change the culture but did not (outside of drafting the steel (railroad? ) workers during a strike) go outside of Congre$$ to get his way.
                    You realize that BHO has used executive orders less than most Presidents, don't you?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      He didn't primarily pursue policy changes by unilaterally using executive orders, unlike Obama. Very simple difference. But, the next Republican president will feel free reign to do so after Obama's abuse of the process.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

He didn't primarily pursue policy changes by unilaterally using executive orders, unlike Obama. Very simple difference. But, the next Republican president will feel free reign to do so after Obama's abuse of the process.
                        BHO is being sued over something that Bush did while he was President. I find that hilarious.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          You realize that BHO has used executive orders less than most Presidents, don't you?
                          Oh, stop it. Name major policy changes any other president put in place by executive order. Obama does it like with alarming regularity. But, hey, I know in your book anything Obama does is A okay.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

There are Executive Orders (National Chicken Day) and there are EXECUTIVE ORDERS (circumvent the will of Congress).

The people should be happy with the first and terrified of the second.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oh, stop it. Name major policy changes any other president put in place by executive order. Obama does it like with alarming regularity. But, hey, I know in your book anything Obama does is A okay.
                              Then why are they suing him over something Bush did and not one of those? Or Impeaching him?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Then why are they suing him over something Bush did and not one of those? Or Impeaching him?
                                Bush is somehow to blame for Obama's executive orders he's been issuing whilly nilly? Even for you that's a stretch, but I guess even 6-7 years on some people aren't over blaming Bush for everything. Certainly if Bush had done better our men's soccer team would have won the World Cup.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X