X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Walrus, they were chuckling at this guys embarrassing faux pas, which was definitely worth a laugh. I'll bet the guy's wife even laughed at him on that one. Or gay lover . . . whichever.
    Wow, gay jokes, another bored poster
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Yeah, that hit a nerve, TF. You must be bored, I know you can do better than some 2 bit congressman
      You could always contribute something more substantial than the occasional one-liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        You could always contribute something more substantial than the occasional one-liner.
        Why?

Comment

Why?
          Because some people might think you're an annoying little troll

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Wow, he should be shot. Grasping at straws much?
            Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Wow, gay jokes, another bored poster
            Mainer haiku?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Because some people might think you're an annoying little troll
              I doubt I can reach to your level but I try

Comment

I doubt I can reach to your level but I try
                It's important to set goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  He's got a ways to go before he's in the same league with the El Numero Uno dumb*ss in Congress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 07-26-2014, 07:43 PM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    He's got a ways to go before he's in the same league with the El Numero Uno dumb*ss in Congress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4
                    I don't know, there's always Rep. Hank Johnson and his concerns surrounding the possible over-population of Guam.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I don't know, there's always Rep. Hank Johnson and his concerns surrounding the possible over-population of Guam.
                      That's pretty dumb. Although Sheila (for whom I voted when she was a candidate for Houston City Council) also wondered once if the flag astronauts left on the moon is visible on Mars. Think Danny Nucci in Titanic who says: "I can see the Statue of Liberty already!... Very small, of course."

In addition to being a dumb*ss, Lee is also an imperious dumb*ss who demands door to door limo service from her capitol hill office (notwithstanding the subway system installed for that purpose) and is well known for continually abusing her staff.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 07-26-2014, 09:21 PM.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Not watchable...and not because the congressman was slow or in all likelihood was facetious. But because the commentary was absolutely unbearable. It makes the worst Michael Moore moments seem like outstanding journalism.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Not watchable...and not because the congressman was slow or in all likelihood was facetious. But because the commentary was absolutely unbearable. It makes the worst Michael Moore moments seem like outstanding journalism.
                          Do you really think that the congressman was joking when he asked the question of whether or not the admiral thought Guam would tip over due to too many marines being stationed there or are you just trying really hard to run cover for a guy from your party? Did you actually watch the guy, what he said and how he came to the question? Yes, the commentary was bad (didn't know that was on there when I chose that clip), but it doesn't change what Hank Johnson said or how he said it.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Yes, I mean you.

Put it this way: none of us know, but at least you might have read something of value about it because of your interests.

But I take your point.
                            Oh, ok since you asked nicely and stroked my ego....

I honestly think my best insight on this subject comes from the trips I made to China a few years ago to bid on some work on some commercial airplanes. I know China is not Russia, but trust me, there is no bomber gap. On paper, Russia has extremely capable aircraft that would push even the latest American hardware to its limit, to say nothing of European. Maybe it's hubris and bias, but I just can't see Chinese or Russian hardware holding up over a campaign lasting more than a few weeks in the real world. Building airplanes that are technologically advanced enough to have the command and communications infrastructure necessary to defeat an enemy's ground defenses and are also maintainable and reliable enough to perform daily sorties is hard. The Chinese are not close. At all. I can't imagine that the Russians are all that far ahead, since the Chinese steal more technology from them than they do from us. I think definitely think Europe would have a hard time establishing air dominance over Russian territory, but the idea that the Russians could do so over Europe just doesn't pass my sniff test. Ground-based air defense is 100x easier than developing the attack aircraft capable of defeating them, so it would be a stalemate, where neither side would be able to generate effective offense against the other side's defense, and the battle line would be dictated by the ground war - whoever controls the territory can install sufficient defensive capability to control the sky over it.

Right now, I really believe that the US is the only country with the capability (read: stealth) to break that stalemate and "knock down the door" of an adversary's air defenses. The Russian fighters may turn better, fly higher, accelerate quicker, but those attributes are only useful for surviving against a missile that has already launched - they are irrelevant for being able to locate, track, and destroy the launcher it came from.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Do you really think that the congressman was joking when he asked the question of whether or not the admiral thought Guam would tip over due to too many marines being stationed there or are you just trying really hard to run cover for a guy from your party?
                              Yes. Yes I think that's easily the most likely situation.

Do I think there's someone who likely fed him the talking point? Very good chance, because he tripped over it. But I wouldn't be fooled into thinking that someone has lost every shred of reality just because they're stumbling in making their point.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Yes. Yes I think that's easily the most likely situation.

Do I think there's someone who likely fed him the talking point? Very good chance, because he tripped over it. But I wouldn't be fooled into thinking that someone has lost every shred of reality just because they're stumbling in making their point.
                                Stumbling in making his point? His point was his concern than an island could capsize.

Comment

Working...
                                X