Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Since we are going down this musical path...here's my latest rendition for the 'Cats v PC! To the tune of ...what else...Garden Party by the late, great Rick Nelson...please forgive me...Rick! e.cat, I dedicate this to you because you have been talking about how we'd make the 'Garden Party'....

Garden Party

We're goin' to a Garden Party, to meet up with our new friends
    A chance to make new memories...watch the 'Cats again!
    When we got to the Garden Party, the place was sure insane...
    We are hopin' to beat the Friars, but we gotta play our game!

Chorus
    But its..all right now! We play our hockey well! Will we...live to skate another day?
    Only time will tell!

Cat fans came, from miles around...everyone was there!
    The band played electric music, there was magic in the air

la da da da..la da da da...

Well they opened up...the club house door
    Everyone looked good!
    Wearing their jerseys colored Blue and White
    Lookin' like they should!

Chorus

Coach Umile, he told his boys, we can beat this team again!
    If we don't well ya know the drill...our season's gonna end!

Yeah we're gonna have a Garden Party, here is what we wish!
    We've gotta win the games just to make it to the Dance,
    We wanna throw that fish!

But it's...all right now! We play our hockey well!
    Will we..live to skate another day?
    Only time will tell!

(For those of you who are too young to know this song, here's the you tube version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdiraVxwkI
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-19-2014, 03:15 PM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by sonar View Post
      Outside the Lines:
      Phil Jackson, the former Bulls' and current Lakers' coach, uses teachings of the Lakota Sioux in his coaching. He would burn sage to cleanse the team of negative energy ......

See .... sage is the key .... I told you so.
      Sonar for what it's worth dept... I have always admired the Zen methods of Phil. Works for him, works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Even I've been to Mike's Jon. Love the cannolis
        Dang me too and I live 100 miles away Def worth the trip Jon!

Comment

In 144 career games at UNH (so far), Kevin Goumas has tallied 42 goals and 102 assists for 144 points.

Assists:

~ The last UNH player to compile 100 or more assists was Darren Haydar (1998-2002: 117 assists in 158 games).

~ Some notables who did not reach the 100 assist mark:
          Sean Collins (2001-2005: 96 assists in 164 games)
          Lanny Gare (1999-2003: 94 asst/151 gms)
          Jacob Micflikier (2003-2007: 92 asst/154 gms)
          Mike Souza (1996-2000: 90 asst/156 gms)
          Collin Hemingway (1999-2003: 81 asst/139 gms)
          Phil DeSimone (2007-2011: 79 asst/154 gms)
          Matt Fornataro (2004-2008: 74 asst/156 gms)
          Mike Sislo (2007-2011: 65 asst/154 gms)
          Mike Radja (2004-2008: 63 asst/149 gms)
          Bobby Butler (2006-2010: 60 asst/153 gms)
          Steve Saviano (2001-2005: 57 assists in 139 games)

Total Points:

~ The last UNH player to compile 144 or more points was Jacob Micflikier (2003-2007: 150 points in 154 games).

~ Some notables who did not reach the 142 points mark:
          Lanny Gare (1999-2003: 142 points in 151 games)
          Preston Callander (2001-2005: 130 points in 149 games)
          Bobby Butler (2006-2010: 121 pts/153 gms)
          Matt Fornataro (2004-2008: 118 pts/156 gms)
          Steve Saviano (2001-2005: 117 pts/139 games)
          Mike Radja (2004-2008: 117 pts/149 gms)
          Mike Sislo (2007-2011: 116 pts/154 gms)
          Paul Thompson (2007-2011: 112 pts/140 gms)
          Phil DeSimone (2007-2011: 109 pts/154 gms)
          Last edited by C-H-C; 03-20-2014, 02:34 PM.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Good news we will have Jeff Silengo back with us this weekend...btw very impressive stats on Kevin G C-H-C...he's just a great forward...his playmaking alone will be so missed next year...maybe Kelleher steps up! (Or...Foegele?)

Bring it 'Cats!!

Comment

Neat assists and total points summary, CHC. Couple minor edits needed in first line and Callander line under total points (not assists). But, just curious whether you have the data readily available for names of UNH players who have averaged a point per game for a career?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Neat assists and total points summary, CHC. Couple minor edits needed in first line and Callander line under total points (not assists). But, just curious whether you have the data readily available for names of UNH players who have averaged a point per game for a career?
                Thanks for the edit!

Here's a link to the UNH Hockey Century Club page - that is, players who have scored 100 or more points in their career. The table also shows the players' point per game average:

http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/h...fs/CenturyClub

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  Thanks for the edit!

Here's a link to the UNH Hockey Century Club page - that is, players who have scored 100 or more points in their career. The table also shows the players' point per game average:

http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/h...fs/CenturyClub
                  Thanks, Mike.

Well, there you have it. Sean Collins is the only UNH player to average over a point per game entirely in the 2000s, to get back to the recruiting issues raised in our regular season thread. Even during the 1980s, UNH had a few players who could score.

Comment

Thanks, Mike.

Well, there you have it. Sean Collins is the only UNH player to average over a point per game entirely in the 2000s, to get back to the recruiting issues raised in our regular season thread. Even during the 1980s, UNH had a few players who could score.
                    Am I missing something but where is Kevin G on this list? Thought I read he had tied Dick Umile..somewhere? Thanks for the update Mike...name not on it yet but will be!

Bring it 'Cats!!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Sonar for what it's worth dept... I have always admired the Zen methods of Phil. Works for him, works for me.
                      Continuing from the "for what it is worth dept" .... I also have admired, studied and practiced Zen approaches in my lifetime. I have engaged in meditation for many years and actually participated in shaman training. Glad to hear it also works for you.

Don't forget to burn that sage :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                        Continuing from the "for what it is worth dept" .... I also have admired, studied and practiced Zen approaches in my lifetime. I have engaged in meditation for many years and actually participated in shaman training. Glad to hear it also works for you.

Don't forget to burn that sage :-)
                        Pretty cool! Gotcha on the sage..check! Namaste.

Comment

Good news we will have Jeff Silengo back with us this weekend...btw very impressive stats on Kevin G C-H-C...he's just a great forward...his playmaking alone will be so missed next year...maybe Kelleher steps up! (Or...Foegele?)

Bring it 'Cats!!
                          The players with a chance at making the Century Club next season are:

Grayson Downing - 35 goals, 40 assists, 75 points in 100 games.

Trevor van Riemsdyk - 16 goals, 59 assists, 81 points in 102 games (If he returns for his senior season).

Matt Willows - 26 goals, 27 assists, 53 points in 88 games (Would need a 47 point season next year).

As for playmakers:

If Grayson Downing plays center again next year, he certainly is a playmaker.

Kelleher was a center during his two years with the US NTDP.

Warren Foegele and Shane Eiserman (both projected to be selected in the NHL Draft this June) are left wing, power forwards.

Andrew Poturalski (23 goals, 32 assists in 54 USHL games) and Michael McNicholas (23 goals, 46 assists in 56 BCHL games) are primarily playmaking centermen.

Comment

Well if 27 nets 5 points Friday night in a loss to PC he will average more than one point per game for his career and that statement can't be made. Granted we don't get the players who score like we used to but next years class comes in with a lot of forward firepower. They might not light it up next year but I'm expecting them to produce a lot of points of the next few years

Comment

Since we are going down this musical path...here's my latest rendition for the 'Cats v PC! To the tune of ...what else...Garden Party by the late, great Rick Nelson...please forgive me...Rick!
                              HockeyRef your Garden Partay rendition is awesome. Is it Friday yet?
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                                The players with a chance at making the Century Club next season are:

Grayson Downing - 35 goals, 40 assists, 75 points in 100 games.

Trevor van Riemsdyk - 16 goals, 59 assists, 81 points in 102 games (If he returns for his senior season).

Matt Willows - 26 goals, 27 assists, 53 points in 88 games (Would need a 47 point season next year).

As for playmakers:

If Grayson Downing plays center again next year, he certainly is a playmaker.

Kelleher was a center during his two years with the US NTDP.

Warren Foegele and Shane Eiserman (both projected to be selected in the NHL Draft this June) are left wing, power forwards.

Andrew Poturalski (23 goals, 32 assists in 54 USHL games) and Michael McNicholas (23 goals, 46 assists in 56 BCHL games) are primarily playmaking centermen.
                                Of course it would be Downing...thanks for the updates on our exciting class coming in too!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X