This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Prediction: the assailant will sign as a back-up goalie for the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers in time for Thanksgiving.
    Yup, that sounds about right. Then, by January 2015, he will leap frog over Mike Condon, Eric Hartzell, and Kieran Millan into a back up goalie job with the Penguins or Canadians, whichever team makes him the best offer. How did I miss this scenario earlier?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Too late??

Didn't jack bring dick lamby onto the BU roster in late November/early December?!?
      Lamby was in Finland or Sweden in October when he got the call. Jack told him he had been enrolled 5 weeks before the call.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

"UNH Freshman Goalie Adam Clark"
        Includes video highlights.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          "UNH Freshman Goalie Adam Clark"
          Includes video highlights.
          Thanks for the Clark highlights Mike. It's a shame about DeSmith but this kid Clark looks to be good. I might be "whistling past the graveyard" but I'm not all that wound up about the situation in net. Hope I'm proven right😕😤
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Thanks for the Clark highlights Mike. It's a shame about DeSmith but this kid Clark looks to be good. I might be "whistling past the graveyard" but I'm not all that wound up about the situation in net. Hope I'm proven right😕😤
            Looking forward to hearing / seeing this team put into a positive light and also appreciated the info on Clark. Ya gotta go with whatcha got! It's trial by fire! I hope you are proven right e.cat! Love his size in the net kinda reminds me dare I say it...T Demko? Try to contain the eye rolling
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Looking forward to hearing / seeing this team put into a positive light and also appreciated the info on Clark. Ya gotta go with whatcha got! It's trial by fire! I hope you are proven right e.cat! Love his size in the net kinda reminds me dare I say it...T Demko? Try to contain the eye rolling
              Umile has a unique ability to turn the page. The locker room hopefully will too. Like his size too. Make lemonade right?

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Thanks for the Clark highlights Mike. It's a shame about DeSmith but this kid Clark looks to be good. I might be "whistling past the graveyard" but I'm not all that wound up about the situation in net. Hope I'm proven right����
                I'm actually less concerned about the goalie situation than I am about other areas of the team ... most specifically, the defense that is going to be playing in front of the new goalie(s). After Pesce, it's pretty much two sophs (Cleland and Maller), and then a bunch of guys who've either never had a regular shift on the top two pairings (Quast) OR will be making their D-1 debuts in less than a month.

Of course, if Clark turns out to be the next Hellebuyck (sp?) or Gillies, that would help out a lot too.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

The most immediate concern for 3 players might be finding a 4th to pay rent.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    I'm actually less concerned about the goalie situation than I am about other areas of the team ... most specifically, the defense that is going to be playing in front of the new goalie(s). After Pesce, it's pretty much two sophs (Cleland and Maller), and then a bunch of guys who've either never had a regular shift on the top two pairings (Quast) OR will be making their D-1 debuts in less than a month.

Of course, if Clark turns out to be the next Hellebuyck (sp?) or Gillies, that would help out a lot too.
                    Ya thats a fair point Chuck. This kid is probably going to see a lot of rubber get through to him at least early on in the season.

Comment

I come in peace and am not up to speed on where DeSmith stands. Is he suspended indefinitely? Kicked off team? Just wondering. If he hasn't been kicked off the team, I wonder if the Ray Rice situation enters the minds of the people in charge at UNH.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Ya thats a fair point Chuck. This kid is probably going to see a lot of rubber get through to him at least early on in the season.
                        It is the rubber that he does not see that worries me. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          It is the rubber that he does not see that worries me. :-)
                          Yup. In the words of the inebidable Yogi Berra; "You can't stop what you don't see." Oh wait, wrong sport😃

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I come in peace and am not up to speed on where DeSmith stands. Is he suspended indefinitely? Kicked off team? Just wondering. If he hasn't been kicked off the team, I wonder if the Ray Rice situation enters the minds of the people in charge at UNH.
                            Well as of today his name still appears on the roster (pending the investigation). I mentioned he has his arraignment 0ct 2 (wmur story) which will bring I imagine the exact charges into light along with a plea? From there your guess is as good as mine what his status will be. Hard not to think about the Rice issue it's just very unfortunate all the way around...One would expect the team media guide to be printed/released in the next few weeks which profiles the players? You board vets might know that info? I'd be amazed if he plays..
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Yup. In the words of the inebidable Yogi Berra; "You can't stop what you don't see." Oh wait, wrong sport��
                              "Inebitable"?? Not in my dictionary, but it does sound like a word that Yogi would use.
                              Last edited by HHound; 09-09-2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

lakes region, eh? was just up at ossipee over labor day weekend. first time up there since i was a kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X