Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    BU vs Miami, 2009 Naduring thattional Championship game https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...pREk4Cw4#t=252

The best I've seen in my era was the 2002 Hockey East quarterfinal at the Whitt vs Merrimack, UNH is down 3-0 in the 2nd period of game 2 and Haydar nets two and Horst the other in less than 2 minutes (including two in thirty seconds) to tie it. Thought the roof was going to come off the place, have never heard the Whitt as loud before or since. box score
    Agreed. My ears were popping from the spl during that sequence.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      ps..
      The UNH 'Club Cats' won their National Championship today... 5-3. Congrats!
      Two of UNH's three hockey teams have now won a national title, just one to go...
      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        Two of UNH's three hockey teams have now won a national title, just one to go...
        Pretty Cool Where can I get Championship gear?
        Last edited by e.cat; 03-31-2014, 02:23 PM.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Bought a 1998 women's hockey national champions bumpersticker at Town & Campus about a decade or so ago. If they were clever they'd print up "UNH Hockey - 2014 National Champions" shirts and sweatshirts
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            I maybe wrong but I don't think I saw ONE THING about this club championship...anywhere..on the main UNH website. Yeah some UNH groups tweeted about it...congratulated them. I tweeted to the UNH radio show about including a mention/ shout out to this...Looking at all the excitement of the weekend (for other teams in the Regionals) sure does make ya want to be a part of it, huh! Not trying to knock the U but these guys in that picture are some happy about their accomplishments...I think they believe they deserve something and I hope it gets recognized. Women's Lax in 1985 is the other National Title UNH holds...Sure a club championship isn't nearly as glitzy as say, a D1 title but you take pride in it nonetheless. I know their coach sure does! I'd buy the gear!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Interested to see if they get a banner in the Whitt for their achievement (it's their arena too) or if Athletics puts the kibosh on it.
              Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                Interested to see if they get a banner in the Whitt for their achievement (it's their arena too) or if Athletics puts the kibosh on it.
                Now that would be something to check into... We are thinking of attending a UNH Alumni gathering in Wolfeboro later in April...and the guest speaker is Marty S who will speak on the future of UNH athletics...maybe I'll inquire about this championship if it doesn't come up. I also know the head coach's father in law and might ask what, if anything, UNH is doing to recognize this club's achievement. Not trying to rock the boat mind you, but, recognition is due to these boys IMHO in some way, shape, or form.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Now that would be something to check into... We are thinking of attending a UNH Alumni gathering in Wolfeboro later in April...and the guest speaker is Marty S who will speak on the future of UNH athletics...maybe I'll inquire about this championship if it doesn't come up. I also know the head coach's father in law and might ask what, if anything, UNH is doing to recognize this club's achievement. Not trying to rock the boat mind you, but, recognition is due to these boys IMHO in some way, shape, or form.
                  Go ahead, rock BS35's boat; most if not all of us will be behind you, HR. If BS35 does not acknowledge our hockey club's NC, he should be fired, on the spot. The only issue that I see with raising a banner for our club hockey team at Lake Whitt is that there would be no relief from the BC fan boys' taunting on our threads.

Also, it drives me nuts that Mike Ayers is behind BC's bench, even more so than Johnny Hockey and Joey Leleggia not skating for UNH the past three seasons.

Comment

This: https://campusrec.unh.edu/sport-clubs is different than this: http://unhwildcats.com/landing/index
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      Ya think? I get the impression that the Club Cats are alittle more than "intramurals"...they play a full schedule of games, have coaches, wear the UNH jersey? Am I missing something here? Totally get the difference in the two teams. Maybe I don't know enough about it all. Just saying, give them some recognition...somewhere, anywhere! Perhaps someone out there who has more info can shed some light FWIW dept...
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-31-2014, 04:19 PM.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Ya think? I get the impression that the Club Cats are alittle more than "intramurals"...they play a full schedule of games, have coaches, wear the UNH jersey? Am I missing something here? Totally get the difference in the two teams. Maybe I don't know enough about it all. Just saying, give them some recognition...somewhere, anywhere! Perhaps someone out there who has more info can shed some light FWIW dept...
                        No doubt, but organizationally they slot in with intramurals, the Hamel Recreation Center, Mendum's Pond, the outdoor pool which is all overseen by the Director of Campus Recreation.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Women's Lax in 1985 is the other National Title UNH holds...
                          Try telling that to Maine fans who insist we're the "University of No Hardware" despite having two national titles before they did (1985, 1998), and both won without cheating. :P
                          Last edited by ClOuD 9; 04-01-2014, 09:26 AM.
                          Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

You guys want to have a banner for a club team? Oh my
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Go ahead, rock BS35's boat; most if not all of us will be behind you, HR. If BS35 does not acknowledge our hockey club's NC, he should be fired, on the spot. The only issue that I see with raising a banner for our club hockey team at Lake Whitt is that there would be no relief from the BC fan boys' taunting on our threads.

Also, it drives me nuts that Mike Ayers is behind BC's bench, even more so than Johnny Hockey and Joey Leleggia not skating for UNH the past three seasons.
                              Thus makes sense because a kid like Gaudreau would obviously choose UNH over BC given the choice. Maybe hang a banner for "almost" landing him and Leleggia, too
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                You guys want to have a banner for a club team? Oh my
                                Belive there used to be a banner acknowledging the club team before they moved them around this year, not sure if it's still up there. Oyster River plays at the Whitt and there is a banner acknowledging them down the far end; make a "UNH Club Hockey" banner of equal size to the OR one with "2014 ACHA Division II National Champions" appended to it and slap it on the opposite side of the end zone.
                                Last edited by ClOuD 9; 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM.
                                Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X