Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2013 Poser of the Year Tournament...it's Coming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2013 Poser of the Year Tournament...it's Coming....

Yes it's 2014, but most of the qualifying posts come from 2013. At least that's how I always figured it out. Pretty sure the first round will be posted in less than two weeks (right around the Friday that regionals start).
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: The 2013 Poser of the Year Tournament...it's Coming....

Can you implement a rule that anyone who actively campaigns for the "honor" is automaticaly disqualified?
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Can you implement a rule that anyone who actively campaigns for the "honor" is automaticaly disqualified?
      what if we campaign for others?

Vote FreshFish in 2014!
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Yes it's 2014, but most of the qualifying posts come from 2013. At least that's how I always figured it out. Pretty sure the first round will be posted in less than two weeks (right around the Friday that regionals start).
        I am officially a lame duck.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Shouldn't we just skip this and give it to Flaggy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            I know they won't qualify based on post counts, but there's a couple of Union fans who would give him a run for his money.

Or, is it UNION, since that seems to be the bandwagon thing to do now.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              I know they won't qualify based on post counts, but there's a couple of Union fans who would give him a run for his money.

Or, is it UNION, since that seems to be the bandwagon thing to do now.
              Give them a few years. (Of course that would require #26 to keep winning since they will disappear at the first sign of a return to mediocrity.)

Maybe we could enter them as a group. Time magazine has been known to have a group as Person of the Year.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Give them a few years. (Of course that would require #26 to keep winning since they will disappear at the first sign of a return to mediocrity.)

Maybe we could enter them as a group. Time magazine has been known to have a group as Person of the Year.
                Whike not knowing the PotY rules chapter and verse, there were always exceptions to the rule to weed out some posters from being nominated (Board, etc).

Maybe some of the "newer" posters can be lumped into a bracket where the winner advances into the PotY voting, similar to the play-in games to set the field of 64 in NCAA hoops.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

goldy is taking the cake this year.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    what if we campaign for others?

Vote FreshFish in 2014!

Thanks for the "honor" but I don't post often enough to qualify....assuming the criteria are the same as last year, anyway.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

See question posed in post # 2. I'd vote we don't give it to him merely because he wants it so much (he even put "runner up" in his signature line for awhile! )

although if there were a "tinfoil hat of the decade" contest I'm sure he'd win by acclamation!

Comment

If we had the number of twitter posts that are college hockey related to my post count here then I would be eligible.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Whike not knowing the PotY rules chapter and verse, there were always exceptions to the rule to weed out some posters from being nominated (Board, etc).

Maybe some of the "newer" posters can be lumped into a bracket where the winner advances into the PotY voting, similar to the play-in games to set the field of 64 in NCAA hoops.
                          That is one rule that has been well-known for a while: Top 100 posters that have posted in the previous calendar year (Board is the exception, for obvious reasons). One only has to post ONCE in that calendar year to be eligible.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            That is one rule that has been well-known for a while: Top 100 posters that have posted in the previous calendar year (Board is the exception, for obvious reasons). One only has to post ONCE in that calendar year to be eligible.
                            Shows how much I pay attention to the PotY process. Thanks.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Shows how much I pay attention to the PotY process. Thanks.
                              The other rules (how the groups are formed, etc) are kept secret (or have been in the past). The qualification rule was easily figured out/revealed years ago.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X