Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seawolves vs Bulldogs: It Sure Won't Be A Catfight

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    I will happily watch the Bulldogs embarrass you on national television. I'll use those tissues though to wipe away the tears from laughing.

Congrats to CJ Motte on being a top ten Hobey finalist. Can't say the version of him I saw in Fairbanks is deserving but he kept Ferris on their hot unbeaten streak so I guess I can understand it, hope he can finish strong...or trip a player on a breakaway and fling his helmet off to prevent a goal.

But yeah, GO FERRIS!
    Gotta love the College Hockey News article. Opening statement:
    Alaska may have captured the Governor’s Cup, but Alaska-Anchorage seized state bragging rights by beating the Nanooks where it matters most: in the playoffs.

And ice angel, at least UAA gets a shot at the Final 4ive, the Nanooks don't. As I said before, win or lose, I am incredibly proud of all that they accomplished this season, and ending UA_'s season on their home ice, in front of a measly "home crowd" is the icing on the cake. Smooch!!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Gotta love the College Hockey News article. Opening statement:

And ice angel, at least UAA gets a shot at the Final 4ive, the Nanooks don't. As I said before, win or lose, I am incredibly proud of all that they accomplished this season, and ending UA_'s season on their home ice, in front of a measly "home crowd" is the icing on the cake. Smooch!!
      She don't get it Suze, she's obsessed with her gubners cup and her skilled team that won it in a shoot out, meanwhile that same skilled team went down in a game 7 at home to the 6th place team in the league. Give it up sweetness save it for next year, when your team will see some game time again.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Nobody died and appointed me king. That said, can we keep the UAA/UA_ stuff over on that thread?
        The UA_ folk can't stand that the Seawolves ended their season and are going on to the Final 4ive so they come trolling over to this thread.
        This thread is Seawolves/Bulldogs. nooks don't play for several more months.
        The nooks don't belong here.
        Their season ended with a loss in their barn to the UAA Seawolves.
        Any weak ashed rebuttal please post on the appropriate thread.
        It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
          She don't get it Suze, she's obsessed with her gubners cup and her skilled team that won it in a shoot out, meanwhile that same skilled team went down in a game 7 at home to the 6th place team in the league. Give it up sweetness save it for next year, when your team will see some game time again.
          You act like the points separating 3rd place to 9th place were extreme. Yeah it sucks losing to UAA, but it's not like the Nanooks dominated all season to get to 3rd, it could have been anyone else depending on different results from the final regular season games. Nanooks played hard to get the final push there though.

I read in the CHN article that 6th was the highest UAA has ever finished...so I am also happy with the fact that the Nanooks finished higher than UAA ever has in the WCHA, regardless of there not being teams like Minny or UND anymore.

I would also take a measly home ice crowd over no home ice at all, so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Nobody died and appointed me king. That said, can we keep the UAA/UA_ stuff over on that thread?
            The UA_ folk can't stand that the Seawolves ended their season and are going on to the Final 4ive so they come trolling over to this thread.
            Fair enough on keeping it on that thread. I did start off by showing my support for Ferris though to keep it relevant to this thread.

Comment

Just posted on Facebook:

Thanks to GCI and Fox Sports, fans can watch UAA vs. #4 Ferris State, live on GCI Ch. 1 at 3:07 pm ADT, March 21.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                You can be the King...
                Does Ferris have any fans?

Comment

Yes, but we must admit, we're a little full from eating all the popcorn while watching all this.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Yes, but we must admit, we're a little full from eating all the popcorn while watching all this.
                    Oh good there you are.
                    AK providing many lulz for you all?
                    We can't just let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      You can be the King...
                      Does Ferris have any fans?
                      As I have said in the past, the "love" between UAA and UAF is strong and been showing up on this thread. So, I too have been enjoying the show. Now lets get back to bashing each other and enjoy Friday game!

I will throw the first bomb....................... How many toothless girl friends and fans are going to make it down from the Arctic circle for the game?

I know we should have a lot of knuckle dragging Ferris fans that are going to cheer for the "Goon" crew!

Did I hear correctly............... $2 beers and hot dog! I could be a fun student crowd if that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
                        I will throw the first bomb....................... How many toothless girl friends and fans are going to make it down from the Arctic circle for the game?.
                        No. That **** shouldn't play here.

You're going to have to do better than that.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          No. That **** shouldn't play here.

You're going to have to do better than that.
                          He forgot to include "eskimos" and "igloos" ....

Comment

I will throw the first bomb....................... How many toothless girl friends and fans are going to make it down from the Arctic circle for the game?
                            Swing and a miss...
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ok, I will keep it civil.

Do you think that we will many Seawolf fans, or is it just too far?

It is hard to tell how many tickets have been sold on the Ticketmaster site, but I would think that the lower bowl will be about 1/3 to 1/2 full.

I guess they have been pleased with the amount of student tickets that have been sold, oh and they did have to order more youth tickets.

The youth tickets go to the west michigan area hockey teams.

I will be dressed in Ferris clothing from head to toe and cheering loudly at the game.

Comment

Ok, I will keep it civil.

Do you think that we will many Seawolf fans, or is it just too far?

It is hard to tell how many tickets have been sold on the Ticketmaster site, but I would think that the lower bowl will be about 1/3 to 1/2 full.

I guess they have been pleased with the amount of student tickets that have been sold, oh and they did have to order more youth tickets.

The youth tickets go to the west michigan area hockey teams.

I will be dressed in Ferris clothing from head to toe and cheering loudly at the game.
                                Not very many UAA fans will travel. It's kinda hard to get to Grand Rapids on short notice. And expensive.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X