• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seawolves vs Bulldogs: It Sure Won't Be A Catfight

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Seawolves Hockey Friday 3pm channel 303 fox sports
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Suze; 03-18-2014, 06:19 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
      By the way the "love" between Ferris and Western fans runs deep as you can read in this thread, but its nothing in comparison to the "love" between the Seawolves and Nanooks.
      The Dump bears can’t take the fact that UAA beats them up heads up almost sport for sport. Latest tally is for total wins heads up play is UAA 290 vs. UA_ 142 and they just starting the stats in 1977 to be nice, and the best is it’s over 200 days before they can attempt their next victory over UAA
      I think that if the Alaska plan was ever to be put in place and the two teams played each other back to back weekends like they did this year ending in a playoff series, an all out war may start between the fans.
      UA_ would lose as most of their soldiers leaders are in jail.
      I know Western and Miami fans will not want to hear this, but if the NACHO league would join the WCHA and then split into a East and West division, travel would become much less of a problem for both leagues and the wars would be even greater.
      The NACHO west would cry like babies about going to Alaska twice a season.
      Back to the game at hand. I predict a 3-1 Ferris victory Friday night with the 3rd goal as an open net score. It will be a very close game with Ferris getting no less then 8 penalties and spending the majority of the 2nd period in the box. I'm going to be slumped over in my seat repeating to myself, "Why do I keep cheering for this team when they can't stay out of the ******* box!"
      The Seawolves are firing on all cylinders now it will be a close game.
      The penalties are going to be the doom of this team. I think they are the most penalized team in all of college hockey. Of course the all out fight with the purple cows didn't help that stat.
      I hope the Seawolves get under their skin and let them add more to those stats
      Here is to a good game.................Cheers!
      The Seawolves will come out with “fixed bayonets” and taking no prisoners……..
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-18-2014, 06:35 PM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I thought UAA played the late game? At least that is what was announced by UA_ after the Saturday night game when we ended the Nanooks season. Wouldn't the #1 team, Ferris, play in prime time? Where did you get your info from?
        When the little hand is on 7 in Michigan,the little hand is on 3 in Alaska.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I thought UAA played the late game? At least that is what was announced by UA_ after the Saturday night game when we ended the Nanooks season. Wouldn't the #1 team, Ferris, play in prime time? Where did you get your info from?
          That is the late game. It starts at 7 eastern, 3 Alaska.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            When the little hand is on 7 in Michigan,the little hand is on 3 in Alaska.
            Duh. Thanks pops! You rock. Let's just call you popsrocks.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              That is the late game. It starts at 7 eastern, 3 Alaska.
              My GCI guide still lists the game at 6:30.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

My GCI guide still lists the game at 6:30.
                The thing to remember is it's GCI.
                Nothing for sure.....ever
                I plan on going to The Crossbar
                I hear there were about 70 fans there last Saturday night.

Comment

Game time on Friday is 3:07 pm Alaska Time. The game will be at the Crossbar and the "Penalty Box" has been reserved.

With the guys leaving several days earlier let's hope it is a Saturday team on Friday............
                  GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

I know Western and Miami fans will not want to hear this, but if the NACHO league would join the WCHA and then split into a East and West division, travel would become much less of a problem for both leagues and the wars would be even greater.
                    Pffffffffft.....no way those elitist are going to let bottom dwellers like us back in their midsts. It's enjoyable now to watch that league and see who is who and where they end up in their new pecking order...kind of lulz really.
                    Game at hand...1st place Ferris, coach of the year (cough...hack) all that jazz. Let's go boys D up on this one and let's play again on Saturday. Scoring last weekend was sweet from the not so usual suspects. Let's see some more of that. Winner moves on, ask yourself, "why not you?"
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

By the way the "love" between Ferris and Western fans runs deep as you can read in this thread, but its nothing in comparison to the "love" between the Seawolves and Nanooks.

I think that if the Alaska plan was ever to be put in place and the two teams played each other back to back weekends like they did this year ending in a playoff series, an all out war may start between the fans.

Back to the game at hand. I predict a 3-1 Ferris victory Friday night with the 3rd goal as an open net score. It will be a very close game with Ferris getting no less then 8 penalties and spending the majority of the 2nd period in the box. I'm going to be slumped over in my seat repeating to myself, "Why do I keep cheering for this team when they can't stay out of the ******* box!"

The penalties are going to be the doom of this team. I think they are the most penalized team in all of college hockey. Of course the all out fight with the purple cows didn't help that stat.

Here is to a good game.................Cheers!
                      Funny how Ferris has to create a "rivalry" with a team in the NCHC to prop themselves up and appear relevant. You'll get throttled by the first team you play in the NCAAs. Goons.
                      Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                        Funny how Ferris has to create a "rivalry" with a team in the NCHC to prop themselves up and appear relevant. You'll get throttled by the first team you play in the NCAAs. Goons.
                        Sam Mellor and his family made a horrible mistake transferring to your school. What a horrendous blunder. Poor kid. He should probably transfer back to UAA where he scored 4 times as many goals two years ago as a freshman. Crammed down on the 3rd and 4th line centering ankle-benders all year? Didn't your coach used to know something about hockey players in some big-shot hockey league or something? What happened with that? He couldn't cut it in the show? What's he going to do when all of Blashill's/Culhane's players graduate?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Sam Mellor and his family made a horrible mistake transferring to your school. What a horrendous blunder. Poor kid. He should probably transfer back to UAA where he scored 4 times as many goals two years ago as a freshman. Crammed down on the 3rd and 4th line centering ankle-benders all year? Didn't your coach used to know something about hockey players in some big-shot hockey league or something? What happened with that? He couldn't cut it in the show? What's he going to do when all of Blashill's/Culhane's players graduate?
                          More than half our goals have been scored by Murray recruits this year... and our team has done nothing but progress since he came here.

You have no idea what your talking about and you look foolish. What did the 6 goals we scored on you in Fairbanks leave you with a bad taste in you mouth?
                          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                            Pffffffffft.....no way those elitist are going to let bottom dwellers like us back in their midsts. It's enjoyable now to watch that league and see who is who and where they end up in their new pecking order...kind of lulz really.
                            Game at hand...1st place Ferris, coach of the year (cough...hack) all that jazz. Let's go boys D up on this one and let's play again on Saturday. Scoring last weekend was sweet from the not so usual suspects. Let's see some more of that. Winner moves on, ask yourself, "why not you?"
                            At least the NACHO teams have their travel bills to keep them company... And I wish I was a better person but seeing Miami repeatedly dead last was pretty priceless after the temper tantrum that was realignment.

But back to the game, I was at the Ferris vs UAA games earlier this year and thought they were both really fun games to watch. I think Ferris has it in them to win but I will be watching all four teams with great interest. I think they all have the potential to be dangerous for their own reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                              More than half our goals have been scored by Murray recruits this year... and our team has done nothing but progress since he came here.

You have no idea what your talking about and you look foolish. What did the 6 goals we scored on you in Fairbanks leave you with a bad taste in you mouth?
                              I think the one who looks foolish is the lone Western fan trolling this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Meese View Post
                                I think the one who looks foolish is the lone Western fan trolling this thread.
                                And when he tells "that guy" he has no idea what he's talking about he's spouting his ignorance.
                                "That guy" may have positions you vehemently disagree with however I assure you he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X