Seawolves vs Bulldogs: It Sure Won't Be A Catfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seawolves vs Bulldogs: It Sure Won't Be A Catfight

Neutral site on a standard ice sheet should produce a very exciting game.

Re: Seawolves vs Bulldogs: It Sure Won't Be A Catfight

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Neutral site on a standard ice sheet should produce a very exciting game.
    That's what I'm thinking. No quirky ice that favors Ferris this weekend! I wonder when the Seawolves will head to Michigan?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great to see UAA moving on. It has been different following the team from TX and not there in AK. The 3 hour time difference makes it hard but now with the guys playing in Mich there won't be a problem. The best to the team and coaching staff. Hello to Suze. Sorry we didn't get to see you in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by WillH View Post
        Great to see UAA moving on. It has been different following the team from TX and not there in AK. The 3 hour time difference makes it hard but now with the guys playing in Mich there won't be a problem. The best to the team and coaching staff. Hello to Suze. Sorry we didn't get to see you in Dec.
        Hey Will! We looked for you in December, missed you and Dori!

I sure wish the Van Andel Arena had Olympic sized ice, but they don't.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          That's what I'm thinking. No quirky ice that favors Ferris this weekend! I wonder when the Seawolves will head to Michigan?

Quirky ice??? You have to love Ferris's home ice advantage. The seating is on top of the players, and the boards have some bounce to them. The place has character and is not a cookie cutter rink that too many schools have. I think that Ferris would love a new barn, but money is always an issue. If Ferris keeps winning like they have over the last couple years a new rink might just happen.

Michigan State has a nice looking rink, but it can be quite if State isn't doing well. U of M has an ok barn and they have put a lot of money into over the years, but it still has a basketball feel to it. Western Michigan, that place is a dump. Miami of Ohio has a very nice rink, but they have a much larger fan base to draw from then Ferris. I would love to see a barn like that, but scaled down to fit less people.

I hope that the Seawolves plane gets stuck in snowdrift on the runway for a couple extra days and they arrive at the last minute for the game.

It should be a good game, both teams play hard and leave it all on the ice. I just hope that Ferris does its part and brings a lot of fans!

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
            I hope that the Seawolves plane gets stuck in snowdrift on the runway for a couple extra days and they arrive at the last minute for the game.
            Who are you? Sean Mcindoe?
            Good line!
            Made me chuckle.
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-16-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Quirky ice??? You have to love Ferris's home ice advantage. The seating is on top of the players, and the boards have some bounce to them. The place has character and is not a cookie cutter rink that too many schools have. I think that Ferris would love a new barn, but money is always an issue. If Ferris keeps winning like they have over the last couple years a new rink might just happen.

Michigan State has a nice looking rink, but it can be quite if State isn't doing well. U of M has an ok barn and they have put a lot of money into over the years, but it still has a basketball feel to it. Western Michigan, that place is a dump. Miami of Ohio has a very nice rink, but they have a much larger fan base to draw from then Ferris. I would love to see a barn like that, but scaled down to fit less people.

It should be a good game, both teams play hard and leave it all on the ice. I just hope that Ferris does its part and brings a lot of fans!
              I hope a lot of fans show up as well, this was one of my worries about the nWCHA.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well, hopefully we'll be able to watch on TV up here.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I hope the Ferris' bus engine blows and in a hurried attempt to get their gear to Van Andel as they await a new bus.. the gear is inadvertently shipped to Grand Forks instead of Grand Rapids..

(Ok,ok, I know.. I have no idea if they even use a bus. I'm just responding to that snowdrift comment) ~ LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                    I hope the Ferris' bus engine blows and in a hurried attempt to get their gear to Van Andel as they await a new bus.. the gear is inadvertently shipped to Grand Forks instead of Grand Rapids..

(Ok,ok, I know.. I have no idea if they even use a bus. I'm just responding to that snowdrift comment) ~ LOL.
                    Or their gear could get sent to Big Rapids. Just asking a question here ... How Grand are the Rapids in GR? How Big are the Rapids in BR? I'm guessing neither is anymore Grand or Big than the disappointingly "Grand" Forks in NoDak.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                      How Grand are the Rapids in GR? How Big are the Rapids in BR? I'm guessing neither is anymore Grand or Big than the disappointingly "Grand" Forks in NoDak.
                      Well the rapids in Big Rapids are, larger than a ripple, and I'm still looking for the "Grand" Rapids. The part of the river that runs through Grand Rapids is tame.

I was at the Ferris ice rink around 6pm for my son's hockey practice and they had a good line for student ticket sales. My guess is the ticket sales will be in the range of 4-5 thousand for Fridays game. I hope it much more, but lets hope that it is at least that many. It's a big barn and will need a lot of people to make it loud. Ferris has the WCHA cup in the trophy case. That is one big silver cup!

Ferris will be leaving on Thursday for a skate around. When do the Sea-pups leave?

Comment

Well the rapids in Big Rapids are, larger than a ripple, and I'm still looking for the "Grand" Rapids. The part of the river that runs through Grand Rapids is tame.

I was at the Ferris ice rink around 6pm for my son's hockey practice and they had a good line for student ticket sales. My guess is the ticket sales will be in the range of 4-5 thousand for Fridays game. I hope it much more, but lets hope that it is at least that many. It's a big barn and will need a lot of people to make it loud. Ferris has the WCHA cup in the trophy case. That is one big silver cup!

Ferris will be leaving on Thursday for a skate around. When do the Sea-pups leave?
                        I would imagine sometime around Wednesday.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Olympic ice would be better for UAA but it isn't like they haven't played on the smaller sheet of ice. Would be interesting to check on their record on the smaller sheet of ice. I'm don't know which teams don't have Olympic ice. At this point I think the guys just have to be very happy to be heading to MI. They need to play their game but will need 100+ from everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by WillH View Post
                            Olympic ice would be better for UAA but it isn't like they haven't played on the smaller sheet of ice. Would be interesting to check on their record on the smaller sheet of ice. I'm don't know which teams don't have Olympic ice. At this point I think the guys just have to be very happy to be heading to MI. They need to play their game but will need 100+ from everyone.
                            I think coach will have them focused. This is the coach who took an ECHL team with average talent and they went on to knock off the Acess in the playoffs. Will, read your rep.
                            Last edited by Suze; 03-17-2014, 07:56 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Coach has done a great job with the guys. What a change in what we have had over the years. The young guys on the team I thouht really contributed. I hope somehow UAA can get people back to the games next year. Those days of sellout crowds were the best. Hello to Mr. Suze!

Comment

Working...
                              X