Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    We're staying at the Marquette; should be good, yes?
    It's the conference hotel so you'll likely run into some of the players and conference employees. Really easy walk through Macy's and then the rest of the skyway to get to the TC. Some decent fast food options on the way to save you money prior to getting to the arena/hotel. The bar in the bottom floor of the Marquette was quaint. Good drinks.... I recommend the vodka gimlet.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      It's the conference hotel so you'll likely run into some of the players and conference employees. Really easy walk through Macy's and then the rest of the skyway to get to the TC. Some decent fast food options on the way to save you money prior to getting to the arena/hotel. The bar in the bottom floor of the Marquette was quaint. Good drinks.... I recommend the vodka gimlet.
      Awesome. That should be cool.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Willie

Ah, geez. I'm standing right here, Biddy.
        LOL

Ah, yes. Uh... Take a good look at him, Brian, 'cause that's where you're headed
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
          Correct, the floor raises up the first row of blue seats, maybe 6 feet or so. I wasn't in there during the last game but I believe they have to in order to fit the ice in. Also the boards are new for this tournament and I want to say the ice went in at the end of January. If you check out the Target Center Facebook page, they posted a neat time-lapse video of the basketball strike, ice in with boards, boards removal, and setup for some Disney show. The video shows the floor raising and lowering.
          I wonder how it will be. Never seen a hockey game there so don't know how much the dislike for it is true. Dirty and I have tickets in the front row of the upper deck. Figured that would give us a good view of the rink.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I wonder how it will be. Never seen a hockey game there so don't know how much the dislike for it is true. Dirty and I have tickets in the front row of the upper deck. Figured that would give us a good view of the rink.
            The one game the Gophers played there I was in the lower level. But I think you'll be good in the first row of the upper deck. The higher you get, the tougher the sightlines would be, I'd imagine.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It actually isn't as terrible as everyone says. I attended all the games at TC back in the gap between the St. Paul Civic Center and Xcel. They were fine. I think gopher fans pooh-pooh it because their memories are all bad. They spent those two years getting thrashed in the tournament.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                The one game the Gophers played there I was in the lower level. But I think you'll be good in the first row of the upper deck. The higher you get, the tougher the sightlines would be, I'd imagine.
                I've been to a T-Wolves game where we were far into the upper deck...and way up there its brutal. Those cheap tickets way up high are bad bad seats. Raising the floor should help immensely.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

It's been since the 2000 Final Five for me.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    Still better than Houghton and Marquette, which isn't saying much if you've been to either.
                    If you're talking a one square block area between Gateway and University, I'll give you that.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      It's been since the 2000 Final Five for me.
                      Me as well; looking forward to seeing how it is.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Raise your hand if you miss the old Final Five already. Going downtown tonight but won't be going to the games as my boys decided to take the weekend off as well. Hope all that go to Target Center have fun though. Maybe next year...

Comment

Apologize if this has already been stated but I don't wanna read a few pages back, what channel is this on in the Cities?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Hope everyone had a good time. I think I logged 26 1/2 hours at Target Center on Friday and Saturday. And that's on the low end, a number of people put in all-nighters to get set.

I enjoyed it, crowd was fun, and the people were great. It was fun to see hockey back at Target Center. See you next year!

Comment

Sucks that DU had to win it...but it was fun and Target Center wasn't as horrible as I feared. Although the food does suck.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Kaw
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X