Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Just in case no one noticed...
    2014-15 Michigan Tech Huskies, on the ice, in a real game... T-minus 31 days! The countdown is on.

With the American ONE subscription, does MTU get a portion of the money? If not, why is there a separate sign-up for each team in the league if you get access to all of the WCHA games? Or is this just a way for America ONE to track what school has the most subscribers? Seems like it would be easier to just ask the question if that was the case.

I signed up for an account hoping to get more details but there really is nothing provided. Are home non-conference games included (Michigan?) or non-conference road games (GLI?). I see the MTU vs Michigan on the schedule of games, but there are also a ton of other games that obviously I won't have included in the WCHA season pass (Atlantic Hockey, pro hockey leagues, etc.)

Ryan J
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      2014-15 Michigan Tech Huskies, on the ice, in a real game... T-minus 31 days! The countdown is on.

With the American ONE subscription, does MTU get a portion of the money? If not, why is there a separate sign-up for each team in the league if you get access to all of the WCHA games? Or is this just a way for America ONE to track what school has the most subscribers? Seems like it would be easier to just ask the question if that was the case.

I signed up for an account hoping to get more details but there really is nothing provided. Are home non-conference games included (Michigan?) or non-conference road games (GLI?). I see the MTU vs Michigan on the schedule of games, but there are also a ton of other games that obviously I won't have included in the WCHA season pass (Atlantic Hockey, pro hockey leagues, etc.)

Ryan J
      ANything in a WCHA arena will be included, I'm not sure about GLI. Even some road NC games will be included if the primary broadcaster is America One for that building.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Ryan J
        I just plan on throwing my money at them. Last year was great. My wife disagrees and doesn't feel I need to watch 5 hockey games a night... All home NC games were covered.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Even though Air Force started this whole mess?

(think about it)
          I know, but I'll forgive them anything. almost.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Are home non-conference games included (Michigan?) or non-conference road games (GLI?). I see the MTU vs Michigan on the schedule of games, but there are also a ton of other games that obviously I won't have included in the WCHA season pass (Atlantic Hockey, pro hockey leagues, etc.)

Ryan J
            You'll get any game in the JMSIA, which in the past included exhibitions as well. GLI is out of the picture because FS Detroit owns the streaming rights to it, unless MTU provides a feed from the in-house video for a non-televised game (which would also appear on the FS Detroit site as well per the broadcast agreement).

Comment

So while running my usual "I'm bored, let's search Google for 'Michigan Tech jersey'" I was brought to the image below. It appears to have been drawn by Robert Ullman at the request of "Dustin" in Feb 2013. How did this stay hidden on the Internet for so long? It's been a while since Tech looked that good. As a gentleman, I would have preferred a blonde in the throwback, but that's just personal preference.

Of course my next Google request was to find out who that was supposed to be in the image. I had a pretty good idea based on #31 and a Reebok stick, but I had to check "on the line" to confirm. The search generated the following video produced by Nick Laurila (Sept 2012). Pretty direct and to the point, I had my answer.
              https://www.facebook.com/video/video...41038452608382

Still wondering about the reason for the art work being created unless PC wanted something for his room. Nice job by the artist despite the "max foul" for using the banished logo.
              MichiganTech

Ryan J

Comment

So while running my usual "I'm bored, let's search Google for 'Michigan Tech jersey'" I was brought to the image below. It appears to have been drawn by Robert Ullman at the request of "Dustin" in Feb 2013. How did this stay hidden on the Internet for so long? It's been a while since Tech looked that good. As a gentleman, I would have preferred a blonde in the throwback, but that's just personal preference.

Of course my next Google request was to find out who that was supposed to be in the image. I had a pretty good idea based on #31 and a Reebok stick, but I had to check "on the line" to confirm. The search generated the following video produced by Nick Laurila (Sept 2012). Pretty direct and to the point, I had my answer.
                https://www.facebook.com/video/video...41038452608382

Still wondering about the reason for the art work being created unless PC wanted something for his room. Nice job by the artist despite the "max foul" for using the banished logo.
                MichiganTech

Ryan J
                I sadly cannot claim any responsibility.

Does anyone else think that would work nicely on a Husky Hockey themed KBC beer can?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

T -29
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

It's getting closer!

It was tweeted by Brandon Veale sports editor of the Mining Gazette that the bridge will have an overnight closure on 1/17 so the hockey game will be at 5:07ET that day.

Also there's, a season welcome video up on the hockey page:
                    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...40903-ffrg8sff

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      It's getting closer!

It was tweeted by Brandon Veale sports editor of the Mining Gazette that the bridge will have an overnight closure on 1/17 so the hockey game will be at 5:07ET that day.

That "Kero in alone" goal against Bemidji was a thing of beauty. Defenseman and goalie both left their jocks in the rafters.

Comment

A female at Michigan Tech? There's something you don't see everyday!
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Hmmm.

Interesting selection in Damon Whitten's Laker Nation video showing a goal against Tech. Coincidence, I think not.

Less than a month to drop it for real.

Comment

T-28
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              I think the only purpose of the video was to taunt me with four captain's jerseys. But seriously, the one thing I took away from that video was how many times Tech put the puck in the net moving it across the ice in front of the net. A lot of times that puck doesn't get through (D-man stick/skate, random body in the crease), but if it does, most college goalies have no chance to make that stop (as was shown by a lot of pucks shot into wide open nets). That final pass turns a shot into a quality scoring chance. If you can get a group of forwards who see the ice in that manner rather than just thinking "shoot it at the goalie" every time they get in close, the score sheet is going to fill up quickly.
                              Ryan J

Comment

Just picked up 3 tickets for LSSU on 10/4 and 10/5. They must have a few to sell - mine are at center ice, 8 rows up, on the aisle. LSSU box office: (906) 635-2602.

Comment

Working...
                                X