Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Mel is Michigan Tech hockey.
    We all want to see what can become of these recruits over the next couple seasons.
    We are primed to win the WCHA and get back to that tourney in the next two seasons.

Mel is awesome and he would leave a gaping hole at the SDC.
    Really hope he stays to finish what he has started.

Comment

Maybe when Red gets canned at Michigan for missing the NCAAs two years in a row, Mel will be nice enough to offer him a spot as a volunteer coach at MTU so Red can at least still go to the rink every day.

In another few years once Mel gets the program headed full steam in the right direction, we'll be beating off prospective coaches and recruits with hockey sticks.

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Red will be back next year. There was a press release yesterday.

Comment

Do we know all of the non-conference games next year?

Michigan at home
          UMD at home
          GLI

Depending on if we go to AK twice, there could be one or two more non-conference series I think?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Do we know all of the non-conference games next year?

Michigan at home
            UMD at home
            GLI

Depending on if we go to AK twice, there could be one or two more non-conference series I think?
            We should only be going to AK once, so that means one other series. Rumored to be at Wisconsin, but that was unconfirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              We should only be going to AK once, so that means one other series. Rumored to be at Wisconsin, but that was unconfirmed.
              It's Wisconsin. Saw their beat writer Andy Baggot tweet it out a few weeks ago.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                It's Wisconsin. Saw their beat writer Andy Baggot tweet it out a few weeks ago.
                Yeah, its confirmed...at least from the Wisconsin side..
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Yeah, its confirmed...at least from the Wisconsin side..
                  2 for 1 deal I assume? Starting with us down in Madison next year?
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    2 for 1 deal I assume? Starting with us down in Madison next year?
                    I think its actually a 1 for none trip, like Notre Dame last year.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Boo. Those suck. Although personally I'm glad to have a game in Madison... Those are super easy to make it to.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I think its actually a 1 for none trip, like Notre Dame last year.
                        Why are we agreeing to such horse**** non-conference games? Screw Wisconsin.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Why are we agreeing to such horse**** non-conference games? Screw Wisconsin.
                          I think Mel is just trying to keep the caliber of NC games high until he can get better deals with good teams.

Comment

Would MTU do something similar to NMU's deal with Wisconsin? Rent out the Resch Center as a "home game" to pocket the additional ticket sales?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Would MTU do something similar to NMU's deal with Wisconsin? Rent out the Resch Center as a "home game" to pocket the additional ticket sales?
                              I'm torn on these... I live in the fox valley. It'd be awesome to just drive up to GB for the games. But on the other hand... I want 1 for 1 games.

Comment

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen that. Here's the tweet.

@andybaggotWSJ: #Badgers have 14 non-con games lined up for '14-15: Anchorage tourney (Maine, AA and A), NMU, NoDak, CC/Denver, Ferris, MTU and BU.
                                I'll take a one for none over one for games in Green Bay. I would rather see us play home games in Houghton than have UW tell us to play home games in Green Bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X