Coaching Openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Openings

May be having difficulty making the salary work for the top candidate. He's six figures currently.

Comment

Endicott hires Andrew McPhee to lead new D3 program

http://www.ecgulls.com/sports/wice/2...20140610p0jadv

Comment

Originally posted by oldicehouse View Post
        Endicott hires Andrew McPhee to lead new D3 program

http://www.ecgulls.com/sports/wice/2...20140610p0jadv
        Wow. This one is absolutely baffling. Does a great job building a program to a high level of success at Trinity. Moves to Brown as D1 assistant. And now moves back to a D3 startup at a significantly lower profile school? I can't imagine they could offer money far in excess of the Brown job, so there must be some other factors at play here. Definitely a good pickup for Endicott though....

BTW - article calls the Brown program highly competitive.... i think that is a stretch based on the last 5 seasons....

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          Wow. This one is absolutely baffling. Does a great job building a program to a high level of success at Trinity. Moves to Brown as D1 assistant. And now moves back to a D3 startup at a significantly lower profile school? I can't imagine they could offer money far in excess of the Brown job, so there must be some other factors at play here. Definitely a good pickup for Endicott though....

BTW - article calls the Brown program highly competitive.... i think that is a stretch based on the last 5 seasons....
          And what a bummer it has been for the Bantams! Keep hoping that we see a posting for a new HC for Trinity. It's pretty clear that Coach Potter isn't in it for the long haul, why delay the inevitable?

Comment

Originally posted by speed_skater View Post
            And what a bummer it has been for the Bantams! Keep hoping that we see a posting for a new HC for Trinity. It's pretty clear that Coach Potter isn't in it for the long haul, why delay the inevitable?
            Coach Duggan did a nice job in McPhee's absence, but agree that Trinity didn't seem inspired last year under Potter - seemed to be a lack of cohesion on the ice between the players. And she is obviously looking for a bigger stage. But I would guess that she will go out on her terms and timing and that Trinity is happy to have her - hard to fill a D3 job with a marquee name and they have one in her.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
              Coach Duggan did a nice job in McPhee's absence, but agree that Trinity didn't seem inspired last year under Potter - seemed to be a lack of cohesion on the ice between the players. And she is obviously looking for a bigger stage. But I would guess that she will go out on her terms and timing and that Trinity is happy to have her - hard to fill a D3 job with a marquee name and they have one in her.
              Folks from MN know all to well about Potter & Husband. Drama, Drama, Drama. She has a degree, use it.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                Happy to have her? Really? So you're suggesting that the yokels at Trinity should be 'dazzled' by the 'marquee' name and they better like it dammit! If that's true, then I guess the Minnesota hockey folks are a lot more sophisticated than the Eastern folks after all, because they've never fallen for that dog and pony show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otter+ View Post
                  Happy to have her? Really? So you're suggesting that the yokels at Trinity should be 'dazzled' by the 'marquee' name and they better like it dammit! If that's true, then I guess the Minnesota hockey folks are a lot more sophisticated than the Eastern folks after all, because they've never fallen for that dog and pony show.
                  Exactly, it really stinks that these players keep having new coaches. Some of it is the reality of D3, but if this coach's performance was average at best last year and it's clear she is not sticking around long, why renew her? This would never happen on a men's team.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post

Well, Brown isn't exactly known for forking over the coin for their assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by Otter+ View Post
                      I'm all for former women hockey players becoming coaches at the D3 and D1 levels, but there is much more to coaching than just having played the game or having a recognizable name. I would hope that if these players are interested in coaching, they take the time to get a coaching degree/certificate so that they can better serve their players and schools.

Comment

Lindenwood names new coach - Scott Spencer (most recently POE's head coach).

http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/news/...x?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Fetter still not in the office.
                          He's going north of the border... OHA (Okanagan Hockey Academy, Penticton, BC) announces Fetter as new female head coach
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                            Knew something was up, been trying to get a hold of him for a couple of weeks. Good for him.

Comment

What happened to Rebecca Russell and Gina Kingsbury? Did they move on?

Comment

According to the Beaver Radio Network, BSU has an announcement set for Tuesday the 17th at 3 PM, IIRC.
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X