Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Openings

Originally posted by Call It View Post
    Any idea of who the prospective candidates might be? The number of openings this year seems to be greater than normal.
    Nicole Goguen, former assistant at Plattsburgh. Way too successful to not land somewhere (if she wants back in, that is).

Comment

Any idea of who the prospective candidates might be? The number of openings this year seems to be greater than normal.
      Disagree - 5 D1 head coach (Maine, UNH, St Coud, Bemidji, Lindenwood) and no D3 head coach openings at the moment. Last year there were a couple of D1 head coach changes (U Conn and Colgate) and 10 or more D3 head coaching changes (NEC, Nichols, Buffalo State, Amherst, William Smith, Concordia-Moorhead, Trinity, UNE, Neumann, Colby). This is a fairly typical year so far. Assistants come and go like the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Nicole Goguen, former assistant at Plattsburgh. Way too successful to not land somewhere (if she wants back in, that is).
        I believe she left hockey coaching - not sure why else she would have left Plattsburgh without taking a head coach job somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          I believe she left hockey coaching - not sure why else she would have left Plattsburgh without taking a head coach job somewhere.
          Sometimes they use their education, I think that is the case here. What about her at UNH? She is an alum. Could be another Wife/ Husband team.

Comment

Disagree - 5 D1 head coach (Maine, UNH, St Coud, Bemidji, Lindenwood) and no D3 head coach openings at the moment. Last year there were a couple of D1 head coach changes (U Conn and Colgate) and 10 or more D3 head coaching changes (NEC, Nichols, Buffalo State, Amherst, William Smith, Concordia-Moorhead, Trinity, UNE, Neumann, Colby). This is a fairly typical year so far. Assistants come and go like the wind.
            I don't know the stats but 5 D1 schools seems high. Are there enough quality candidates for 5 spots?

Comment

I don't know the stats but 5 D1 schools seems high. Are there enough quality candidates for 5 spots?
              Yes that seems high. Suspect the average is about 2 per year. Of the top of my head the coaching changes in D1 over the last four years are..... Maine, UVM, Uconn, Yale, Colgate, Brown, RMU, Ohio, Mankato...That is 9 in 4 years.

In different terms that means ~20-25% turnover rate (9 of 34 teams) off head coaches over a 4 year period.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                Yes that seems high. Suspect the average is about 2 per year. Of the top of my head the coaching changes in D1 over the last four years are..... Maine, UVM, Uconn, Yale, Colgate, Brown, RMU, Ohio, Mankato...That is 9 in 4 years.

In different terms that means ~20-25% turnover rate (9 of 34 teams) off head coaches over a 4 year period.
                You can include Penn State in there as well.
                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  You can include Penn State in there as well.
                  Penn was/is a "new D1 team" in that time period, so did not include that as a "change of coaching staff".

Comment

Nicole Goguen Williams is still in the Plattsburg area, working in the Fitness Industry - personal trainer... her major was Exercise Science.
                    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                      Penn was/is a "new D1 team" in that time period, so did not include that as a "change of coaching staff".
                      I get it. The discussion referred to the avaiability of qualified coaching talent. As a coach was required there it required one more qualified person to be included.
                      ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Anyone have info on the postings for head coaches at Endicott College on NCAA web site? Looking for someone 'with enthusiasm for D3.' Their web site currently shows club teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DelayedOffside View Post
                          Anyone have info on the postings for head coaches at Endicott College on NCAA web site? Looking for someone 'with enthusiasm for D3.' Their web site currently shows club teams.
                          Elevating in 15-16 along with several other programs...some of which have been previously announced publicly, from what I understand

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                            Elevating in 15-16 along with several other programs...some of which have been previously announced publicly, from what I understand

I assume it's relatively easy to become an NCAA varsity team but more difficult to get accepted by one of the leagues. Can anyone enlighten us on the procedures for both?

Comment

Any word in Bemidji state ?

Comment

Originally posted by mncoach View Post
                                Any word in Bemidji state ?
                                UMD now looking for an assistant coach. Given the timing have to wonder if the Beavers are turning to either Schuler or MacDonald. Same could be said for St Cloud, but you still have to think Fetter may be the obvious choice there.

Comment

Working...
                                X