X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I highly doubt he would have travelled 1300 miles to give it to the Gophers.
    I don't know what you don't understand about the duties of the tournament committee chair. He would've been there to give it to AIC or RPI had they won.

Comment

I highly doubt he would have travelled 1300 miles to give it to the Gophers.
      It was his job to give out the trophy immediately at the conclusion of the championship game, at the site where the championship game was played.

He would have given it to the Gophers if they'd won the game and he wouldn't have had to travel one foot farther than the distance he traveled to give it to Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        It was his job to give out the trophy immediately at the conclusion of the championship game, at the site where the championship game was played.

He would have given it to the Gophers if they'd won the game and he wouldn't have had to travel one foot farther than the distance he traveled to give it to Union.
        If he gave it out at the championship, so be it. The article implied that it was given in Schenectady.

Comment

If he gave it out at the championship, so be it. The article implied that it was given in Schenectady.
          He presented it live on ESPN in primetime at center ice immediately following the game. Even gave some words, too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlEZOMlCUAAWNc5.jpg:large
          RPI Class of 2012
          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Why would they wait until the winning team returned home to hand out the championship trophy?

Comment

Uh, Bodie carried the trophy off of the bus. http://ww3.hdnu*****/photos/27/40/41.../5/628x471.jpg
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Considering Colonel ********* is kissing Union's butt by delivering them the trophy, RPI is doomed to mediocrity with him AND Appert at the helm.
                I thought Knowlton showed a lot of reserve by not dropping the trophy on Bennett's foot or accidentally slapping a player with it.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Today is 15 April 2014. There are 172 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sounds like R. Haggerty and M. Bodie might play together next season : http://unionhockeyblog.blogspot.com/...ing-bodie.html
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Considering Colonel ********* is kissing Union's butt by delivering them the trophy, RPI is doomed to mediocrity with him AND Appert at the helm.
                      I was referring to those much higher than the AD.

Comment

I would be very surprised if he was not at the Frozen four

Comment

Only a blindly hateful blowhard would think that the RPI AD was kissing Union's ***. I'm sure he wanted to be any place else at that moment.
                          Union won. The committee chair handed them the trophy on the ice immediately following the game. And he did not throw a punch at the winning coach. (Sorry, I just had to throw that in ) It is time to allow their moment in the sun, move on and begin getting ready for next season.

Comment

Geez... Every time I see a post like this I feel that my sheepskin is somehow reduced in value.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              Geez... Every time I see a post like this I feel that my sheepskin is somehow reduced in value.
                              Well at least the degree isn't printed on the back of a McDonald's hamburger wrapper like some schools. (I am not referring to Union.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                Really? What does one thing have to do with the other? The value of a Rensselaer education has zero correlation to its floundering hockey program. Has an interviewer ever said to anyone, "Wow your resume looks great but I can't hire you because your college's hockey team sucks?" Face it: We have a dark period ahead unless some unsuspecting program decides to make Appert a more ridiculous offer than our school did. Appert has taken a team that was at least competitive to one that can't get out of the second round of the ECAC playoffs. Based upon his salary and record, he must rank up there against all Div 1 coaches in compensation per win.
                                "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Working...
                                X