This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

I debated about whether this ordering of 57 of the 59 college arenas was worth posting http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/0...arena-rankings. Any ranking that puts the HFH (36) behind Messa (28) and ahead of Lynah (42) seems just wrong to me, but they did include various categories, and I do agree that the food in the HFH isn't that good and there isn't much nearby to do. The individual link to the HFH was posted here before.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For those who are discontented with OGC, I do empathize....at the same time, I also do notice a striking dearth of alternatives.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Official schedule release http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...422142920.aspx (article with link to schedule)
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Official schedule release http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...422142920.aspx (article with link to schedule)
          I am actually jealous of your OOC schedule. It was Yale's pairwise Achilles heel last year, and this coming year is more of the same. If RPI posts a .750 win percentage with that schedule, it would be quite an accomplishment and may propel the team to the NCAA's if they can do it
          Last edited by LTsatch; 04-23-2014, 05:59 PM.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            If RPI posts a .750 win percentage with that schedule
            I'll be shocked if they get 5.5 out of 14.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I'll be shocked if they get 5.5 out of 14.
              Always the optimist.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 24 April 2014. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Always the optimist.
                  Hey now, splitting with Denver IS optimism.

Comment

The one constant since Appert took over, is the difficult OOC schedule. This should be taken into consideration when we continue the Appert/Fridgen debate.
                    Normally I would agree with a tough schedule making us a better team, however, we now seem to take losing for granted instead of hating it.
                    This culture has to change.
                    To bring up another subject, maybe with Haggerty and Zalewski gone, Laliberte will take to scoring goals instead of passing up every opportunity. We are going to need all the goals we can get from him this season.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Everyone is stating how tough the NC schedule is. I guess I am missing it.

5 NC home games:
                      None against NCAA tourney teams
                      2 against Atlantic Hockey's 2nd place team
                      2 against the last place team from the NCHC
                      1 against the 9th place team in Hockey East

Away: 7 games 3 against NCAA tourney teams
                      3 against HE - 4th place team, 7th place team and newcomer UConn
                      2 against NCHC 6th place team in 8 team league.
                      2 against 3rd place Big 10 team in 6 team league.

Neutral: 1 or 2 NCAA tourney teams
                      Union and either Big Ten Champ (NCAA runner-up) or NCHC 5th place team.

Overall some big names on the schedule but not exactly a stellar crew based on last years results. I also personally think that a tough schedule has absolutely nothing to do with building a contending team.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post

Overall some big names on the schedule but not exactly a stellar crew based on last years results. I also personally think that a tough schedule has absolutely nothing to do with building a contending team.
                        I should think it helps with recruiting. The more big name teams he plays against the more likely that an undrafted kid gets noticed by the scouts.

Comment

I also personally think that a tough schedule has absolutely nothing to do with building a contending team.
                          See 2011: our success during the OOC portion of the schedule helped us qualify for the tournament that year, did it not?

I'd suggest that there is a partial correlation but not a causation. You don't merely need a tough schedule, you also have to perform during that portion of the schedule as well.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            See 2011: our success during the OOC portion of the schedule helped us qualify for the tournament that year, did it not?

I'd suggest that there is a partial correlation but not a causation. You don't merely need a tough schedule, you also have to perform during that portion of the schedule as well.
                            I guess my wording was not clear. What I am trying to emphasize is that an overly tough schedule has nothing to do with preparing your team. It obviously does help with the PWR.

Comment

5 NC home games:
                              None against NCAA tourney teams
                              2 against Atlantic Hockey's 2nd place team
                              2 against the last place team from the NCHC
                              1 against the 9th place team in Hockey East

Away: 7 games 3 against NCAA tourney teams
                              3 against HE - 4th place team, 7th place team and newcomer UConn
                              2 against NCHC 6th place team in 8 team league.
                              2 against 3rd place Big 10 team in 6 team league.

Neutral: 1 or 2 NCAA tourney teams
                              Union and either Big Ten Champ (NCAA runner-up) or NCHC 5th place team.

Bet you it's a tougher schedule than Mongo plays.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I am trying to decide which weekend to go to Troy next season. Does anyone know when Parents Weekend is so that I can avoid it?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X