Gophers #1         0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Dartmouth @ RPI, Sunday, 3/9/2014

RB-Thanks for going out on a limb and starting this one-the entire season now rests on your ability to start a winning thread. Unlikely i will be back for any of this game unless it runs very late( acouple of OTs). Good luck to the boys-they deserve a chance to move on but they will have to earn it tonight. My heart says they will win 3-1. My gut tells me I have diverticulitis caused by RPI hockey anxiety. My mind tells me that this team is just too good and talented to play as badly as they did for much of last night. Much of society, and of course the legal profession, like to lay blame. It seems lately with every news story, nothing is ever anyone's own fault-there is always some excuse that it was someone else who caused the crime to be commited or the accident to happen. If this turns out badly-perhaps our off season thread should be titled "where do we lay the blame". Go Red tonight! Win this one so I won't need sleep medication tonight.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      RB-Thanks for going out on a limb and starting this one-the entire season now rests on your ability to start a winning thread. Unlikely i will be back for any of this game unless it runs very late( acouple of OTs). Good luck to the boys-they deserve a chance to move on but they will have to earn it tonight. My heart says they will win 3-1. My gut tells me I have diverticulitis caused by RPI hockey anxiety. My mind tells me that this team is just too good and talented to play as badly as they did for much of last night. Much of society, and of course the legal profession, like to lay blame. It seems lately with every news story, nothing is ever anyone's own fault-there is always some excuse that it was someone else who caused the crime to be commited or the accident to happen. If this turns out badly-perhaps our off season thread should be titled "where do we lay the blame". Go Red tonight! Win this one so I won't need sleep medication tonight.
      I was hoping that someone else would start the thread, but when 8 AM came I started it. (The USCHO clock is a few minutes slow.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tonight we have two desperate hockey teams. We know what Dartmouth is capable of when facing elimination, now can we match that?
        I have thought all along that we have the talent to beat any team in college hockey, but we have no consistency, so you don't know what to expect.
        This team is like a box of chocolates.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

This probably belongs as a post-mortem on the previous thread but I didn't get home until after midnight and I felt I should cool off a bit before sharing my observations at the HFH. First we were very lucky to even have been in contention; as Dr.D pointed out, it could have easily been 3 or 4 to nothing in the first period. Sadly this team seems to have no organization. The spacing is horrible. How many times two men went into a corner leaving the point open for a breakout by Dartmouth I couldn't count. Our defense is too porous with guys running around when Dartmouth is in our zone. Dartmouth was allowed too many shots from the slot - we don't challenge enough but maybe that is because we are a step slower. On the second goal the D left Diebold out to dry and on the third they got simply undressed. Now for the powerplay. Yes we scored but that was on the only shot we had on the first four man advantages. I don't know if we even had a shot at the end with the 6 on 4. All we did was pass around the perimeter and then when someone had it deep they passed out to nobody and the puck left the zone. There is not enough movement on the powerplay. Nobody is cutting toward the net. Passes are not sharp and quick to tire out the opposition. Instead we handle the puck like it is a hot potato. Did anyone ever convey the idea of cycling to this team? Not once did they have significant time in the Dartmouth end. A few times we were confused on line shifts and thought we might have actually gotten away with too many men on the ice. As a final point, our guys passed up a number of shots and instead passed to an eventual turnover. I know this team can play better but I sure witnessed a dud last night. We need some passion for 60 minutes (or beyond) and some smart play. We need to for once stay out of the penalty box and we have to hope Diebold stands on his head again. In my opinion he was the first star last evening and has been virtually all year.
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
            This probably belongs as a post-mortem on the previous thread but I didn't get home until after midnight and I felt I should cool off a bit before sharing my observations at the HFH. First we were very lucky to even have been in contention; as Dr.D pointed out, it could have easily been 3 or 4 to nothing in the first period. Sadly this team seems to have no organization. The spacing is horrible. How many times two men went into a corner leaving the point open for a breakout by Dartmouth I couldn't count. Our defense is too porous with guys running around when Dartmouth is in our zone. Dartmouth was allowed too many shots from the slot - we don't challenge enough but maybe that is because we are a step slower. On the second goal the D left Diebold out to dry and on the third they got simply undressed. Now for the powerplay. Yes we scored but that was on the only shot we had on the first four man advantages. I don't know if we even had a shot at the end with the 6 on 4. All we did was pass around the perimeter and then when someone had it deep they passed out to nobody and the puck left the zone. There is not enough movement on the powerplay. Nobody is cutting toward the net. Passes are not sharp and quick to tire out the opposition. Instead we handle the puck like it is a hot potato. Did anyone ever convey the idea of cycling to this team? Not once did they have significant time in the Dartmouth end. A few times we were confused on line shifts and thought we might have actually gotten away with too many men on the ice. As a final point, our guys passed up a number of shots and instead passed to an eventual turnover. I know this team can play better but I sure witnessed a dud last night. We need some passion for 60 minutes (or beyond) and some smart play. We need to for once stay out of the penalty box and we have to hope Diebold stands on his head again. In my opinion he was the first star last evening and has been virtually all year.
            Well said and nothing against Soffer but thank the Lord Scotty got back up after he got ran over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I was hoping that someone else would start the thread, but when 8 AM came I started it. (The USCHO clock is a few minutes slow.)
              Thanks for starting, Ralph. I had my run the last two nights. Am in the midst of a busy day, but I will be near laptop/werpi connection tonight (if day breaks well, will be at HFH for last 2 periods). We've had a 'three game' history, now for a better outcome. We can do it... GO RED!

Comment

RPI Lines are out, no changes.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...14.pdf?id=1804
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  Thanks for starting, Ralph. I had my run the last two nights. Am in the midst of a busy day, but I will be near laptop/werpi connection tonight (if day breaks well, will be at HFH for last 2 periods). We've had a 'three game' history, now for a better outcome. We can do it... GO RED!
                  'three game' history not so good lately....... Year
                  2008-09 QF 2009-10 1st 2010-11 1st 2011-12 1st 2012-13 QF
                  RPI Result (Opp.) Location
                  L 4-3 (Cornell) Ithaca L 3-2 (Brown) Troy L 2-1 OT (Colgate) Troy W 4-1 (Clarkson) Potsdam L 3-2 (Brown)
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    'three game' history not so good lately....... Year
                    2008-09 QF 2009-10 1st 2010-11 1st 2011-12 1st 2012-13 QF
                    RPI Result (Opp.) Location
                    L 4-3 (Cornell) Ithaca L 3-2 (Brown) Troy L 2-1 OT (Colgate) Troy W 4-1 (Clarkson) Potsdam L 3-2 (Brown)
                    To add insult to injury, on the Cornell and Colgate series, we won game 1. We also did on the CCT series.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      I guess Plan A has been replaced by Plan A.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I guess Plan A has been replaced by Plan A.
                        ....let's hope the, "no changes".....changes.

Comment

Music!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Music!

Comment

music
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X