Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

the turds come out when bc loses...like clockwork!

Comment

claver i hear what you're saying and perhaps i am one who is skewed from seeing someone like dumoulin dominate on both ends of the ice for three years. with all the hype surrounding matheson coming in, i don't think it's unfair to expect him to be a better all around dman right now (at end of sophomore season). i've never denied his talent, i've just criticized his hockey sense/IQ. is that fair? i think it is but you may disagree. i think he would be crazy to leave right now. he needs another year of the college game in my opinion. i just don't know if hockey sense is something that you can develop at this point. maybe it is, i don't really know.

Comment

Well, Union did win cause of depth though.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          the turds come out when bc loses...like clockwork!
          the turds came out yesterday between 530p-800p
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Feb 7th

The last time BC got a goal from:
            Silk
            Sit
            Smith
            Straight
            Linell

11 games +. Not honking on the kids they are all proud eagles but that is the last 25% of the season basically. Certainly points to the issue in depth at forward.

Fwiw I don't think Matheson or Doherty or Macleod had any goals in that timeframe either.

On to next season.
            is this years incoming class stacked with more stiffs like this
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              yes, the union "dominated" angle i've seen a few times is a joke to me. union was better and deserved to win but i did not see a union domination. there were things that bc themselves could have done differently in order to get a different result. it happens. union didn't force demko to misplay the puck on one goal and they didn't force santini to turn it over on another.
              The Union "dominated" angle is crazy to me as well. That was a very close hockey game that could have gone either way. Congratulations on another great season. BC is the class of college hockey and I know any year that doesn't end with a NC is a disappointment...On the flip side, this was the biggest win in Union's history and I hope we'll be lucky enough have a few BC supporters on Saturday when we take on Minnesota.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Hockey East is done for the rest of the year! The ECAC reigns supreme in the East and soon throughout the nation (just like last year)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antioch1098 View Post
                  Hockey East is done for the rest of the year! The ECAC reigns supreme in the East and soon throughout the nation (just like last year)!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a fan of the ECAC I wonder why you would come on a Boston College thread and post this? Especially after a very good hockey game that had 2 teams out there, playing their a $$es off. Just to be a total dbag? Your a 14 year old girl? Don't get out of your mom's basement too often? Please enlighten us.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    claver i hear what you're saying and perhaps i am one who is skewed from seeing someone like dumoulin dominate on both ends of the ice for three years. with all the hype surrounding matheson coming in, i don't think it's unfair to expect him to be a better all around dman right now (at end of sophomore season). i've never denied his talent, i've just criticized his hockey sense/IQ. is that fair? i think it is but you may disagree. i think he would be crazy to leave right now. he needs another year of the college game in my opinion. i just don't know if hockey sense is something that you can develop at this point. maybe it is, i don't really know.
                    i guess i classify the errors into 2 buckets. the errors from aggression and the mindless ones. dumb, blind drop passes in the neutral zone should be out of his system no question (ND game). the others out of aggression i have no problem with. he's the only dman who doesn't consistently rely on banking it off the glass and having our forwards go get it as transition game

but the amount of vitriol this kid gets is unreal.

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Feb 7th

The last time BC got a goal from:
                    Silk
                    Sit
                    Smith
                    Straight
                    Linell

11 games +. Not honking on the kids they are all proud eagles but that is the last 25% of the season basically. Certainly points to the issue in depth at forward.

Fwiw I don't think Matheson or Doherty or Macleod had any goals in that timeframe either.

On to next season.
                    Have to do some work but outside of the Fitz goal against UMLOL when was the last time we got a 5x5 goal from that line? Will look at it later.

Comment

Nevermind, HE is still a good league. They will be even stronger next year with the addition of UCONN. Yeah right, HE is on the decline. Go Union!!!!!

Comment

Watching the replay of that final play, I loved Brown clearing out the Union guy to give Gaudreau a clear lane. Once he saw Gaudreau had the puck, he just *sat* on that guy. Total pick. There's no way they're calling that at that point! Reminded me of the Duke-Butler national championship bball game, when Butler had the half court shot go in and out at the buzzer. He was able to get that off because his teammate just *laid out* the Duke defender with a pick.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          i guess i classify the errors into 2 buckets. the errors from aggression and the mindless ones. dumb, blind drop passes in the neutral zone should be out of his system no question (ND game). the others out of aggression i have no problem with. he's the only dman who doesn't consistently rely on banking it off the glass and having our forwards go get it as transition game

but the amount of vitriol this kid gets is unreal.

Have to do some work but outside of the Fitz goal against UMLOL when was the last time we got a 5x5 goal from that line? Will look at it later.

It is a one line team and Hockey East is off this year. Gaudreau is special, he was good

all of thiose dumping on matheson, he is there best D. santini let sullivan walk him up the middle for the vechionne goal.

Comment

Hockey East isn't anymore off than any other conference this year, unless you simply mean it just isn't as good as it normally is. Look at the title game participants. Great teams but their respective conferences were not better than Hockey East this year. Wisconsin, Colgate and Quinnipiac all lost their first game in tourney. Just happened to turn out that BC and UML were in same region. Both could have reached FF if not for that.

And you can't just look at one bad play from Santini and use that as your argument. For the whole body of work this season, it's fair to expect more from Matheson out there. Phenomenal skills but still needs time to put it all together. One is a sophomore and one a freshman, that's also a key difference. I really hope Matheson returns, I think he needs it. There's nothing wrong with saying he needs to improve defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              It is a one line team and Hockey East is off this year. Gaudreau is special, he was good

all of thiose dumping on matheson, he is there best D. santini let sullivan walk him up the middle for the vechionne goal.
                              your grasp of the english language is impressive

Most offensively talented D? Sure.

Think there is a clear tier of Santini/McCoshen/Matheson each bringing different impressive talents.
                              Last edited by claver2010; 04-11-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

is the hobey presentation on tv tonight? don't want to miss carey/dowd acceptance speech

Comment

Working...
                                X