Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Cox just tweeted that he may have jumped the gun on the Miles Wood commitment:

@JeffCoxSports Appears that I jumped the gun on the Miles Wood report. BC is actively pursuing the NJD prospect, but his dad is still balking at the idea.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Last year's class, this class and next year's class, on paper, are a nice recovery from the thin junior/senior classes that are currently on the roster.

Comment

Regardless of whether Wood comes this fall or not, the thing that jumped out to me about this class up front is the size

Wood: 6'2 195
      Tuch: 6'3 213
      Sanford: 6'4 188
      Milano: 5'11 180

Interesting change from what we've seen in the past. No clue if this class is an abberation or a strategic move

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
        Cox just tweeted that he may have jumped the gun on the Miles Wood commitment:

@JeffCoxSports Appears that I jumped the gun on the Miles Wood report. BC is actively pursuing the NJD prospect, but his dad is still balking at the idea.
        I did jump the gun but I still firmly believe BC staff will keep pushing Wood until it's too late.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I completely agree. If you have the opportunity to add a marquee player-- you do it.

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          I did jump the gun but I still firmly believe BC staff will keep pushing Wood until it's too late.

Comment

Exactly.

Just curious, why is the father balking at it?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              Regardless of whether Wood comes this fall or not, the thing that jumped out to me about this class up front is the size

Wood: 6'2 195
              Tuch: 6'3 213
              Sanford: 6'4 188
              Milano: 5'11 180

Interesting change from what we've seen in the past. No clue if this class is an abberation or a strategic move
              Gotta believe York still loves the small dynamos. Even at that size, Milano is really more of a Gaudreau type player. He's supposed to be a wizard with the puck. Down the line, Bracco is listed as 5'7". Not sure if we'll see either of those guys for 3 years though. Believe Bracco is thought of as a 1st/2nd round pick.

Comment

Exactly.

Just curious, why is the father balking at it?
                The rumors I've heard (not firsthand info at all) was he has struggled academically so family isn't comfortable with him now skipping his senior year of high school to enroll in college.

Comment

How does one enroll in college if they're short credits from high school? Are you referring to a PG year?

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  The rumors I've heard (not firsthand info at all) was he has struggled academically so family isn't comfortable with him now skipping his senior year of high school to enroll in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
                    How does one enroll in college if they're short credits from high school? Are you referring to a PG year?
                    He repeated a year of high school, so he prsumably has enough credits. Plenty of people struggle in school but graduate

Comment

Makes sense if true. I'd applaud the family for taking that stance. Well, at least it looks like there's a spot for him this year should the family have a change of heart.

Comment

Being a slow kid didn't hurt gerbe. Not like bc is a tough skool or anything.

Get Wood!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Being a slow kid didn't hurt gerbe. Not like bc is a tough skool or anything.

Get Wood!
                          as I was reading the above I was thinking about Gerbe and that a reference to his academics from Mookie would probably follow and you didn't disappoint!

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            as I was reading the above I was thinking about Gerbe and that a reference to his academics from Mookie would probably follow and you didn't disappoint!

Our students will prolly just complain that they can't make signs with the mall cops hanging around, but I'd live to see a "Patrick Ewing'ish" WOOD KAN'T SPELL sign
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Makes sense if true. I'd applaud the family for taking that stance. Well, at least it looks like there's a spot for him this year should the family have a change of heart.
                              From twitter.
                              Miles Wood
                              ‏@MilesWood28
                              Just clearing up all the rumors!!!! I am not going to Boston College this fall. I'm going back to Nobles for my senior year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post
                                He repeated a year of high school, so he prsumably has enough credits. Plenty of people struggle in school but graduate
                                "Would you like fries with that?"

Looks like the third time will be the charm for Wood!!!
                                Fighting the good fight

Comment

Working...
                                X