Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    not much chatter. random thought, think i saw a couple things on twitter about bc meeting with under armour/potentially going in a different direction. not sure if that will happen but in any event, why not just use the same design as the golds for the whites and maroons?
    Going in another direction --> Redesign the uniforms? Need to keep one of the gold jerseys as a 3rd for sure (I liked the 2012 one better). Go back to one with an eagle on the front (white home). And then figure out something for a maroon jersey. Get rid of the puke squigglies. Oh and add another star to the back.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    What are people's plans for pregame? Relying on the bar scene vs tailgating? Any suggestions?

Haven't been to Philly in 15 years so I'm in the dark here.
    Driving in Thursday... will probably be cutting it close. My bet is to go to the Xfinity place in the complex ASAP after we get into town for a little bit before the game starts. Saturday is probably going to be a tailgate. Friday I have no idea what I'm doing on the free day. Only booked for Thursday night so far.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      What are people's plans for pregame? Relying on the bar scene vs tailgating? Any suggestions?

Haven't been to Philly in 15 years so I'm in the dark here.
      Driving in Thursday too. Check into hotel near merion then head to rink. Friday was gonna be golf but now weather looks crappy so may just hit reading and M&N with the boys. Hope weather clears early Saturday then and play by ear

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nick... I think you should book through Saturday... RIGHT NOW! Do not jinx us.

Driving down Thursday... BOOKED through Saturday.
        Hoping to get to Phila. by noon - 2:00, check-in maybe, then Sterlippo bringing us to Pat's Cheese Steak in South Phila. for some eats.
        Fan festival by 3:30-4:00?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Going in another direction --> Redesign the uniforms? Need to keep one of the gold jerseys as a 3rd for sure (I liked the 2012 one better). Go back to one with an eagle on the front (white home). And then figure out something for a maroon jersey. Get rid of the puke squigglies. Oh and add another star to the back.
          Take the 2014 gold jersey, recolorize as the primaries in a white and a maroon. Replace the eagle on the shoulder with the academic logo.

Take the 2012 gold jersey as the 3rd jersey.

Add a star.

Done.
          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Just got two passes to the Hobey Baker! I may, repeat May, have one extra.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If you need company, give me a call.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                not much chatter. random thought, think i saw a couple things on twitter about bc meeting with under armour/potentially going in a different direction. not sure if that will happen but in any event, why not just use the same design as the golds for the whites and maroons?
                I wouldn't be surprised if New Balance/Warrior took over for UA.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised if New Balance/Warrior took over for UA.
                  Why do you say that? They (ua) have a contract with BC through summer of 2016. That logo will be on the uniform until then. We'll see what happens after that but with the athletics contract as a whole you're only going to see the biggies (nike, UA, Adidas) since football is part of the deal.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Why do you say that? They (ua) have a contract with BC through summer of 2016. That logo will be on the uniform until then. We'll see what happens after that but with the athletics contract as a whole you're only going to see the biggies (nike, UA, Adidas) since football is part of the deal.
                    Agreed, if it's not click clack, it'll be nike

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Look at who makes Liverpool's kit. I think the FSG ties is one reason along with NB's headquarters being right down the road from BC's campus.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It would be a death wish for the FB program to have Warrior/NB get the next contract. Add Reebok to the list of the previous 3 (which BC had prior to moving to UA). They probably won't even bid but if they did and outsourced things like UA does now with the hockey uniforms and slaps their logo on them, it will be a killer for the fb program for recruiting.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Driving in Thursday too. Check into hotel near merion then head to rink. Friday was gonna be golf but now weather looks crappy so may just hit reading and M&N with the boys. Hope weather clears early Saturday then and play by ear

what's M&N?

Comment

for a good laugh, check out dutchman's obvious trolling attempt in the union thread...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              for a good laugh, check out dutchman's obvious trolling attempt in the union thread...
                              He's a real treat isn't he? Just remember not to get me confused with the guy, BC fans.

Comment

as long as you don't scour the internet all day for anything and everything that mentions union and/or bc, won't be any confusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X