Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

The great writers over at ILWT gave a look at Santini. The hometown kid is gonna do great things on NJ's (and BC's...) blue line in the future.

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2014/8/1...valuation-camp
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

what was up with Demko's awful numbers at Lake Placid? His last couple games were good but in the earlier games they were terrible. Any concerns here with the hip issue?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        what was up with Demko's awful numbers at Lake Placid? His last couple games were good but in the earlier games they were terrible. Any concerns here with the hip issue?
        NHL.com article from 8/4/14.
        Goaltender Demko not worried about recent struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          I asked Mike mcMahon who is up there, what's the story w him & his hip.

"Doesn't look like it and everyone I've spoken to scoffs at the idea...if it were anything bad, he wouldn't be playing in these exhibition games. He's going to re-evaluate next summer. Hips have an imperfection in the joint. Common for a goalie his size & a 3-4 month recovery, no big deal. More of a stiffness, no paind and nothing he can't play thru."

Just watch him (or any talented goaliie of his size) hop up and down constantly, it's no wonder there are hip issues.

Comment

New jerseys for this year are CONFIRMED by the kid; I'm dying to get a look at them.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Went and saw Hanifin play in the summer league down in Foxboro, formerly the Top Gun league at Pilgrim Arena in Hingham.

Playing against college players and professionals, he did not look out of place. Very fluid skater and quick to jump into the offensive game, though the up and down style of play in that game was conducive to it. It looks like the offensive side of his game is a little ahead of his defensive side.

Overall very impressive considering the competition. I'm excited. I don't think BC's opponents are going to enjoy him at all.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                New jerseys for this year are CONFIRMED by the kid; I'm dying to get a look at them.
                Don't get too excited, remember the last time we got new jerseys Under Armour put the squiggly lines all over them. Looked like Eddie Van Halen puked all over our jerseys and smashed it in with his guitar.

Also, last time, the earliest peak we got at them was in a BC bookstore catalogue that was mailed out, so I would keep your eyes out for something like that again (unless those marketing geniuses there do a social media unveiling).
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I forget where I mentioned it, but I really hope Eichel vs. Hanifin is on national TV at least once this year.

Comment

I'm thinking Hanifin is a year away from enrolling at BC. No?
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      I'm thinking Hanifin is a year away from enrolling at BC. No?
                      I'm thinking no. The KID is putting him on the defensive pairings in his latest blog. Everything I've read recently said this year.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

OK. I just read the blog. Cool.

Heisenberg has him listed on the US U18 team and coming in 2015.
                        Last edited by FiveHole12; 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I'm thinking no. The KID is putting him on the defensive pairings in his latest blog. Everything I've read recently said this year.
                          Well, as I said, from what I saw, he looks ready to contribute now.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I hope the mustard color is gone. Sorry, but I just can't stand that color (though I do like mustard).
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Don't get too excited, remember the last time we got new jerseys Under Armour put the squiggly lines all over them. Looked like Eddie Van Halen puked all over our jerseys and smashed it in with his guitar.
                              Mostly I figure they can't be worse. lol
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Mostly I figure they can't be worse. lol
                                was thinking that myself

Comment

Working...
                                X