Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by popester View Post
    As for Wood, he was denied admissions to Brown and opened up his recruitment. He came down to BC and BU..
    wait?!?!

so brown is a better skool than bc?!?!?!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by popester View Post
      and the coaches there letting the players know BC has scholarship $$ available
      "Alright guys, gather 'round. Everyone, not just a few of you. BC has some money available for next year. Sooooooo...."
      If they didn't tell everyone this equally, how would that not be just as bad haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        "Alright guys, gather 'round. Everyone, not just a few of you. BC has some money available for next year. Sooooooo...."
        If they didn't tell everyone this equally, how would that not be just as bad haha.
        What? I would imagine when scholarship $$ becomes available, or needs change, college coaches let coaches/programs know, particularly a program like the USNTDP. Word then gets to the players.

And BTW, the gentleman's agreement is dumb and not in the players' best interests.

Comment

And BTW, the gentleman's agreement is dumb and not in the players' best interests.
          No one is arguing that. You're just the only ones who believe your program wasn't breaking it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post

You're right about that.

If you think York and staff aren't finding ways to circumvent the agreement though, you're fooling yourself.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              You're right about that.

If you think York and staff aren't finding ways to circumvent the agreement though, you're fooling yourself.
              Where did I say BC wasn't "circumventing the agreement?" You said an argument can't be made, and I made one. Then I stated my opinion: I don't know what happened. Which, if we're being honest, you don't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                No one is arguing that. You're just the only ones who believe your program wasn't breaking it lol.
                Who said that? So far I've seen BC fans saying they don't know what happened. Because none of us do. You and the minnesota guy seem to be the only ones who know

Comment

well put

Comment

Ugh the off season.

2 pages on some unwritten rule that no one knows anything about that has attracted trolls from minnesota

Comment

What? I would imagine when scholarship $$ becomes available, or needs change, college coaches let coaches/programs know, particularly a program like the USNTDP. Word then gets to the players.

Tell us how dumb you think the gentlemen's agreement is after your school loses a key recruit to another school, especially to a rival!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        Ugh the off season.

2 pages on some unwritten rule that no one knows anything about that has attracted trolls from minnesota
                        Us BU folk have clearly not been doing our jobs forcing these Minnesotans to step in!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                          Tell us how dumb you think the gentlemen's agreement is after your school loses a key recruit to another school, especially to a rival!
                          It happens in every major college sport.

I don't know about you, but I don't get worked up over the plight of a 15 year old (or in the case of Merrimack & UMLOL 23 year old).

Comment

I found an interesting study on football recruit stealing. The key takeaways are...

• It doesn't happen that often
                            • It's big schools stealing from big schools

Florida and Tennessee stole 6 recruits each over a five year period. Florida and USC lost six recruits each over a five year period.
                            scsuhockey.com
                            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              Looks like Jeremy Bracco de-committed from Harvard and is now headed to the Heights.
                              Dr. Melfi's son?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I love everything about this Gentleman's Agreement party being raided by the big boys. My only regret is that Minnesota is the one that spoke up to represent the group and put an end to it rather than BC
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X