Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Horrible grouping for Providence.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      ^^^you have a good feel for it so I hope you're right.

not so fun facts, 3rd and 4th line goals:
      Gilmour 7
      Calnan 4
      Straight 6 ( currently sitting, but 3 in the Penn St game, before they got good)
      Smith 2 ( can this be possible?)
      Sit 5 (2 in one game)
      Silk 3
      Linell 1 (again,can this be possible? I know he played mostly D and was when he scored , but still)

Total 28, and about 20% of the 28 , 5 goals, came in the aforementioned Penn St game when they sucked where Straight had a hat trick and Sit scored one an Linell scored his only goal of the year.
      No worries. I finally see the light. When the Big Line is split and plays with these guys, that's how many goals they'll be scoring per game.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        No worries. I finally see the light. When the Big Line is split and plays with these guys, that's how many goals they'll be scoring per game.
        The goaltending and team D has to play much better than what they have been doing. No more last second goals, softies and soft defense where they back off. In close games, that is the difference and penalties. Every shift played smart and hard.

LOL, I told you not to jinx them when you said "see you in Philly" early in the season )
        Last edited by BCeagle; 03-23-2014, 07:24 PM.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          I had to look this guy up because I had never heard of him. This Nic Dowd has 39 points. He's a defenseman right? Nope, he's a forward. Gaudreau had 39 points by 1/10/14.
          If Gaudreau doesn't win then the voting and the award loses all credibility. I was ****ed when Gerbe got screwed but at least there was an arguement for the other guys. This year? No...No else is even close. Dowd?? Your ****ping me right?
          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

• [QUOTE=jdevoejr;5929386]If Gaudreau doesn't win then the voting and the award loses all credibility. ***[\QUOTE] agree 100% - a joke of an award if he doesn't win
            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

i've been perfectly fine with bc guys coming close but not winning in the past but this one isn't even close.

Comment

• [QUOTE=hawkeytown;5929401]
                Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                If Gaudreau doesn't win then the voting and the award loses all credibility. ***[\QUOTE] agree 100% - a joke of an award if he doesn't win
                Ryan potulny of the gophers scored 38 goals and 25 assists in 2006-2006 and didn't win it. I don't think he was even a hobey Hatrick finalist or whatever it's called. I don't know that gaudreau deserves it any more than potulny did but I'm sure gaudreau will get the award this year

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  LOL, I told you not to jinx them when you said "see you in Philly" early in the season )
                  That wasn't a jinx. I might see him in Philly, whether or not mine or his team make it.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Ah pulling the old Jerry, "I'm going to the Frozen Four regardless of whether you guys come or not!"

Anywho nice to see BC selling student tickets w a bus out to Worcester.

Also nice that these games aren't at 9 on a Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Ah pulling the old Jerry, "I'm going to the Frozen Four regardless of whether you guys come or not!"

Comment

If anyone wants in on our 8th annual bracket pool, shoot me an email. Grant dot Salzano at gmail. $10 to enter.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          If anyone wants in on our 8th annual bracket pool, shoot me an email. Grant dot Salzano at gmail. $10 to enter.
                          enter BU peeps with wise crack comments

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            enter BU peeps with wise crack comments
                            *crickets*

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One concern I have is the overreliance on the powerplay for offense.

Before Christmas 9% of goals came from the powerplay, after Christmas: 33%

Now if the powerplay can remain scorching hot for 4 more games? Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                One concern I have is the overreliance on the powerplay for offense.

Before Christmas 9% of goals came from the powerplay, after Christmas: 33%

Now if the powerplay can remain scorching hot for 4 more games? Awesome!
                                Even a scorching powerplay might not help. They are not drawing many penalties again this year.

I'm looking for a game like we saw at Conte vs Lowell a few weeks ago. Lowell had very few good chances on Demko and got shutout. BC notched a PPG and 2 EV goals from Gilmour and Cangelosi. McCoshen and Santini were bundling UML players left and right. Play hockey like that and they'll be fine. It starts with defense.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X