Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Thought we needed a new thread for the post season.
    Carry on.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Thought we needed a new thread for the post season.
    Carry on.
    #GrantSucks
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
      #GrantSucks
      Grant's a good guy and a good fan.

Just thought it was time for a new thread.
      Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-03-2014, 06:57 AM.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Carrying over a conversation from the old thread...

Do we all agree that BC's offense looked at its best for the brief period of time when everyone was healthy and Linell was at forward? Granted, that was only 2-3 games.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
          Carrying over a conversation from the old thread...

Do we all agree that BC's offense looked at its best for the brief period of time when everyone was healthy and Linell was at forward? Granted, that was only 2-3 games.
          Absolutely. The obvious move of putting Straight in the stands and 6 Dmen on defense has produced the best results so far just using my eyes. Although I'm not completely comfortable saying Linell is better up front than Spiro. But at this point it's debatable and Linell gives you more in-game flexibility with injury potential or misconduct potential.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So we're using this one instead? Works for me #GrantSucks

I think we're all in agreement that the ship has sailed on Spiro this year.

It's probably more for an offseason discussion but I have been very surprised how the lineup has taken shape throughout this year. Really thought York would be constantly juggling the bottom forwards (this is completely arbitrary but beneath: Gaudreau, Hayes, Arnold, Brown, Cangelosi, Fitz, Smith, Calnan & Gilmour). Case in point, Richardson.

Obviously can't argue with the results but found it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Absolutely. The obvious move of putting Straight in the stands and 6 Dmen on defense has produced the best results so far just using my eyes. .
              i hate to keep dumping on him but saturday may have #17's worst performance to date. To have half a chance to move the puck or collect passes he needs space and there was none rendering him totally useless and more of a hinderence. I dont think i will ever understand this whole thing with him. I actually felt bad for Gilnour and Calnan because they played with their hair on fire
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-03-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                So we're using this one instead? Works for me #GrantSucks

I think we're all in agreement that the ship has sailed on Spiro this year.

It's probably more for an offseason discussion but I have been very surprised how the lineup has taken shape throughout this year. Really thought York would be constantly juggling the bottom forwards (this is completely arbitrary but beneath: Gaudreau, Hayes, Arnold, Brown, Cangelosi, Fitz, Smith, Calnan & Gilmour). Case in point, Richardson.

Obviously can't argue with the results but found it interesting.
                I expected more juggling early in the season too. There are some pretty good players sitting in the stands every night. Richardson, Gaudreau and Spiro will likely all have roles to play next year (assuming none of them transfer, not that I expect that. But I imagine Spiro must be frustrated to have no playing time through two years despite looking pretty good whenever he's gotten a chance.)

Let's see what York rolls out in two weeks after having the whole bye week to look through the notebook.
                -

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Linell in at forward next game for Straight. Put Linell with Smith and Sit and put Silk with Gilmour and Calnan...seems to be what people want. I think there's a good chance that happens.

Comment

Can not believe that York does not see that Straight can not skate. Really bothersome... Gilmour, Calnan and Silk were playing really well a few weeks back. One weak link on a BC line, has ramifications across the board. Notre Dame can skate really well. Linell or Matt Gaudreau would be a big upgrade. Swapping these guys in and out, does not seem to lead to familiarity among mates on line # 3 and #4.

Comment

Looks like the kid's blog is going away. I wonder if his grades have suffered? Punishment from parents???

Comment

Didn't see that one coming. The FreeP must be thrilled.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

i was gonna say, where will bu fans turn to for news about the terriers now???

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            i was gonna say, where will bu fans turn to for news about the terriers now???
                            The police blotter?

Comment

bump because some BU posters suck

Comment

Working...
                              X