X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Apparently UAA can't hack it when they play with the big boys. Assuming the Seapups must all be majoring in drama and theatre cause they sure had the refs believing their acting. Sure some of the hits were a bit tough but there were plenty of hits the Nooks took that could have gone the same way if they would have dropped to the ice. It was amazing how the "injured" seapup popped up and skated just fine after being looked at and the penalties were called.
    If several of your old players would have enrolled and received passing grades in theatre and drama you might be in the playoffs.

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Hope to see Jones in net tomorrow and hope the Nooks can try and dumb down their game to play at a level that won't cost them the game because some pup got a boo-boo.
    Dumb down ? ... 87 min. in penalties…….. Old school jersey's ……………..old school goon hockey…. How Dumb do you want then...... I think they are as about as stupid as you need, was the ast. coach trying to out do the kids or what? ".

Passing the box of tissues..................................
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      Apparently UAA can't hack it when they play with the big boys. Assuming the Seapups must all be majoring in drama and theatre cause they sure had the refs believing their acting. Sure some of the hits were a bit tough but there were plenty of hits the Nooks took that could have gone the same way if they would have dropped to the ice. It was amazing how the "injured" seapup popped up and skated just fine after being looked at and the penalties were called. Hope to see Jones in net tomorrow and hope the Nooks can try and dumb down their game to play at a level that won't cost them the game because some pup got a boo-boo.
      Welcome to the new age of college hockey. You can't hit a guy from behind, you can't two hand a player in the face mask or you're gonna get called. It should've been real apparent from the first call that things were gonna be tight (a fair tactic considering it is rivalry game), and UAF did not adjust.

Decent game from UAA, got a couple of PP goals, didn't give up anything 5 on 5, adjusted to the game, and Mantha played well. They played a very grindy, ugly game like you have to on the road. It could've gone better but they won.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Welcome to the new age of college hockey. You can't hit a guy from behind, you can't two hand a player in the face mask or you're gonna get called. It should've been real apparent from the first call that things were gonna be tight (a fair tactic considering it is rivalry game), and UAF did not adjust.

Decent game from UAA, got a couple of PP goals, didn't give up anything 5 on 5, adjusted to the game, and Mantha played well. They played a very grindy, ugly game like you have to on the road. It could've gone better but they won.
        JJ's right you can't hit anyone any longer in college hockey.
        Should have been 3-1 but the refs had to get a micrometer out to wave off that goal. lol ice angle.....r-e-l-a-x...at least you can enjoy your playoff run this year, a repeat of last years....oh snap that's right you got drummed out by some drama majors, suck it up sweetie there's always tomorrow nights goon fest.
        On a serious note, how much money got raised for the Nook player in treatment in Seattle?
        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
          JJ's right you can't hit anyone any longer in college hockey.
          Should have been 3-1 but the refs had to get a micrometer out to wave off that goal. lol ice angle.....r-e-l-a-x...at least you can enjoy your playoff run this year, a repeat of last years....oh snap that's right you got drummed out by some drama majors, suck it up sweetie there's always tomorrow nights goon fest.
          On a serious note, how much money got raised for the Nook player in treatment in Seattle?
          Oh, she's not even the worst of it. There's some great butthurt on Twitter from UAF fans calling for refunds! Watching the replay, all of those penalties were deserved. The Game DQ was spot on, just railed right into him knowing he had his back to him. Maybe the refs could've issued a couple of penalties to UAA to even it up, but they didn't really act. The trip was spot on, just blatantly got a stick on him. UAF just imploded. If that's how UAF responds to chirping, *ing chirp it up boys.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't care about the called for the 'Nooks. Kaiser' the most obvious deserved what he got and more. But UAA isn't exactly innocent either. Hubbs literally punching Basara in the head, not a penalty. Chris Williams and Tad Kozun take a run at Perry after the whistle in the final minute? Not a call. Either way, this doesn't escalate like it did if linesman get to the front of the net quicker to pull people apart and calm the attitudes down for both sides.

Not butt hurt over it or anything. The wheels came off the bus at the end, the 'Nooks let the game get away from them and it did. Tomorrow will be interesting. Especially if the officiating is any different. Been to a lot of Nanook games in the last decade and have never had to hear fans be reminded not to throw crap on the ice. It got pretty bad.

No excuse for it. Can't change the past. Still have another game Saturday, which Kaiser will watch from the stands. Good work by the Seawolves though to take away every passing lane all over the ice tonight. Getting pucks through was not happening on the rush at all tonight.
            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Good win for the Mighty Seawolves!
              Well deserved.
              Seawolfs flat out hustled and out played the Nooks all night long.
              GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK ANGEL!
              Stick with us and don't be gone so long.
              I have to disagree with your assessment that UAA outhustled and out played the Nooks all night long. UAA was on their heels and playing defense the entire third period. Better be a solid three periods tonight if they want to sweep.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

less than 2500 at game...almost 2000empty seats

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                  less than 2500 at game...almost 2000empty seats
                  I'm told there was 3400, not 2400. Nanooks also had 91 minutes of penalties, not 87.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                    I'm told there was 3400, not 2400. Nanooks also had 91 minutes of penalties, not 87.
                    2493 is the official attendance
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What was the nook assistant coach tossed for?
                      What did he do?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        I have to disagree with your assessment that UAA outhustled and out played the Nooks all night long. UAA was on their heels and playing defense the entire third period. Better be a solid three periods tonight if they want to sweep.
                        Not the way it looked from my seat.
                        It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          What was the nook assistant coach tossed for?
                          What did he do?
                          I watched the replay of the last 5 minutes and I didn't see anything ... probably said something to the ref. I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra game suspension to Kaiser for the hit on Docken. He really, really nailed him. Hopefully he's okay, he was on the ice for a very long time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                            WCHA Game
                            Friday, January 16, 2015 at Carlson Center (Attendance: 2,493)
                            .................................................. .Scoring........Shots on Goal.....Penalties......Power Plays
                            Alaska-Anchorage .......................2 0 0 = 2.......11 8 5= 24........5-10..............2-7
                            Alaska .........................................1 0 0 =.1.......14 12 9= 35..... 15-87............1-3
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              WCHA Game
                              Friday, January 16, 2015 at Carlson Center (Attendance: 2,493)
                              .................................................. .Scoring........Shots on Goal.....Penalties......Power Plays
                              Alaska-Anchorage .......................2 0 0 = 2.......11 8 5= 24........5-10..............2-7
                              Alaska .........................................1 0 0 =.1.......14 12 9= 35..... 15-87............1-3
                              I'm aware of the box score, but two penalties weren't logged, though they were called. I take them directly from the official. The misconducts to Morley and Campbell also came with a slashing minor. They were just logged as a 10 minute misconduct for slashing, and the officials signed off on it.

Edit: And I don't care about the attendance numbers. 1,000 people probably snuck in. It happens a lot here. Honestly, the fewer people that saw that nuclear meltdown at the end, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post

And I don't care about the attendance numbers. 1,000 people probably snuck in. It happens a lot here. Honestly, the fewer people that saw that nuclear meltdown at the end, the better.
                                I was delighted the Governor was in attendance last night. I am sure UA_ Chancellor Roger was in true form pulling an Eddie Haskell move, buttering him up to get the nod and shoe in to be the next University of Alaska president. But the _airbanks players, coaches, and fans showed their true colors and expect his stock is in freefall after the excellent exhibits of sportsmanship and fans littering the ice with debris. Nice move _airbanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X