Minnesota Twins 2014: The Quest for .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins 2014: The Quest for .500

Twins will try to compete for the title of Spring Training Champions, and then try to get within 10 games of .500 in the regular season. Should be fun.

Dominating the Red Sox today, 7-1.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014: The Quest for .500

Sounds about right.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I registered for the ASG ticket strip lottery the day it opened up. So far all i've gotten is spam emails about the Twins and MLB. No word yet on tickets.

I can't imagine StubHub will be less than 3x face value once tickets hit the market. Trying to avoid that at all costs.
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I registered for the ASG ticket strip lottery the day it opened up. So far all i've gotten is spam emails about the Twins and MLB. No word yet on tickets.

I can't imagine StubHub will be less than 3x face value once tickets hit the market. Trying to avoid that at all costs.
        I believe the random drawing is April 7th. Then I think they notify the winners over the next few weeks, and then you can actually purchase the tickets in May. At least, that's what I remember when I registered.

As for the Twins this season, I saw where the over/under on wins was 70.5. If its the under this season, I might be okay with some big changes. Personally, I think .500 should be the goal, and I think they have an outside chance of getting there...especially if they play well at home.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I always enjoy the start of a new Hunt for 100 campaign.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I always enjoy the start of a new Hunt for 100 campaign.
            I'm not sure if they can get to 100 wins this year...but maybe next.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              I'm not sure if they can get to 100 wins this year...but maybe next.
              What is a "win"?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In typical early season Twins news, Miguel Sano is being tested for a sore elbow, which is likely going to need Tommy John surgery to repair.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  In typical early season Twins news, Miguel Sano is being tested for a sore elbow, which is likely going to need Tommy John surgery to repair.
                  I can't remember the last non-pitcher needing Tommy John, yikes that's just bad luck.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    That's ok, they're still one year away from potentially being mediocre. Get it fixed, get him back to start next year, healthy and rested, start that season with a lineup that looks like:

Buxton CF
                    Dozier 2B
                    Mauer 1B
                    Arcia RF
                    Sano 3B
                    Free Agent DH
                    Pinto C
                    Free Agent LF
                    Free Agent SS

Maybe plug in Rosario or Polanco in somewhere, if they're ready.

The rotation should have Meyer and May in it by that time, and the future might actually start to look good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I bought season tickets to this mess. jfc.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
                      Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Twins are 7-13 so far in the preseason. Does that mean they're going to win the central?
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Perhaps.

FWIW...

1991 Spring Training Record: 21-10 (best in baseball). Of course they started that season 2-9 and were under .500 going into June before going on a tear.
                          1987 Spring Training Record: 14-10 (best in AL, St. Louis best in baseball at 17-6).

The last time the Twins finished below .500 in Spring Training? 2007. They went on to win 79 games. I would be okay with those type of results this season.

Of course, the last time before 2007 that they finished sub .500 was 1999. They went on to win 63 games. I would be ready to clean house if the Twins only won 63 games this season.

My expectations this season are at least 70 wins, with a push for .500. Realistically, I think somewhere in the 75-80 range is achievable.
                          North Dakota

Comment

62-100. I think they finally pull it off this year.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              62-100. I think they finally pull it off this year.
                              That will be difficult as the team actually improved this off season.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                              X