This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

Dentists. They're almost arrogant enough to be considered doctors. No, I do not want to sit and chat with you for 30 minutes about the scarlet fever I had when I was 7 (should never have written that on the form!) only to find out that you won't clean my teeth since this is my first appointment with you, and I now have to schedule a second appointment (and pay a second co-pay) to get x-rays and then, and only then, may I be privileged enough to be in the club of people whose teeth you will clean - at a 3rd appointment with a 3rd co-pay. I'm the customer, you're a service provider. Clean my Foxtrotting teeth.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Dentists. They're almost arrogant enough to be considered doctors. No, I do not want to sit and chat with you for 30 minutes about the scarlet fever I had when I was 7 (should never have written that on the form!) only to find out that you won't clean my teeth since this is my first appointment with you, and I now have to schedule a second appointment (and pay a second co-pay) to get x-rays and then, and only then, may I be privileged enough to be in the club of people whose teeth you will clean - at a 3rd appointment with a 3rd co-pay. I'm the customer, you're a service provider. Clean my Foxtrotting teeth.
      The hell?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        You're finding a new dentist, right? It sounds like this guy is a clock milker.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I get that they want to do an x-ray and understand the current status of the things in your mouth. They're definitely milking you when they do that, but I get it. But to stretch all that process out over three appointments instead of two? THAT is just flat out hosing you.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            You're finding a new dentist, right? It sounds like this guy is a clock milker.
            Yeah. I've gotten the same story from 3 other dentists, now that I know to ask before I go in for an appointment. Maybe it's just a Southern California thing? Looks like I'm going back to the first guy, since I've at least gotten the first appointment out of the way.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Every dentist I've been to does the whole thing - x-rays, cleaning, and exam - in one appointment; never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                Another dog related issue - Now the snow cover is gone, I picked up about 30-40 pounds of poop in the back yard yesterday. (2 medium to big dogs)
                If it is from other people's dogs, I definitely agree. And I would encourage you to bag that **** up, and leave it on their step for them. Tell them you are just "returning the gifts" that their dogs left for you during winter.

If it is from your own dog, I gotta say this is not really an issue if you just pick it up throughout the winter. I live in Minnesota and have an 85-pound four-legged turd factory and just pick it up each time. No mess in the springtime.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Every dentist I've been to does the whole thing - x-rays, cleaning, and exam - in one appointment; never had a problem.
                  This. I love my current dentist. She goes the full nine yards and gives full cancer screening and makes sure all of the salivary glands and everything are in tip-top shape. Obviously the hygienist does the cleaning and x-rays. Never had an issue.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    If it is from your own dog, I gotta say this is not really an issue if you just pick it up throughout the winter. I live in Minnesota and have an 85-pound four-legged turd factory and just pick it up each time. No mess in the springtime.

This. We would either clean it up immediately or have an area that's blown out (while still covering the grass to protect the grass from the cold) and pick it up daily.
                    Code:

Comment

Thanks to the jakass who owned this house before and decided to completely solder in the sump pump without any unions whatsoever. I'm now going to have to cut into the discharge line to replace the d*mn thing. And way to install a f*king light socket without a GD switch in the crawl space.

Oh, and sump pumps that go out. Fuuuuuuuuu.
                      Code:

Comment

Replying to resubscribe on mobile.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          People who come over to my house and then complain about the cats, like I should put them away. As far as I'm concerned, the cats live here, you don't. If you don't like cats, no one said you had to visit anyway.
                          Bob, I loathe cats. I detest them. They are, in my opinion, the bane of the animal kingdom. (Okay, I'm exaggerating. I have come to believe that the majority of cats should be allowed to live.) But I couldn't agree with you more. When I visit my friends who have cats, it would never occur to me to complain about them. It helps that I do love dogs, feel this way about them, and therefore understand how someone who is misguided enough to actually enjoy the company of cats might also feel this way about them, but...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTh21Ubwe8
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

People who knowingly and deliberately run a red light, even though there are pedestrians filling the crosswalk.

I was nearly brushed by a sideview mirror from someone doing it this morning. Another person actually ran after the car and started pounding on it, he was so pizzed.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                People who knowingly and deliberately run a red light, even though there are pedestrians filling the crosswalk.

I was nearly brushed by a sideview mirror from someone doing it this morning. Another person actually ran after the car and started pounding on it, he was so pizzed.
                                Eh, sideview mirrors don't really hurt. /truestory

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X