This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

One thing that really leaves me gnashing my teeth is when people who don't quite know what they are doing try to be "helpful" by inserting themselves into a process which is already well-defined and underway.

"When will this be done? what is the status?"

well, it would have been done already if I wasn't forced to respond to your questions first about when it will be done.

or the person who took a carefully-prepared, collated, tagged presentation and shipped it to someone who then shows up in the office looking for it, so that the entire thing has to be replicated again at the last minute.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Finished my run, turned to go in the house, and got stopped by a Jehovah's Witness.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

RC Cola has gone from $1.00 to $1.38.

After years of taking crap from friends for being the only one to drink it, I appear to be their only customer, and I find it insulting they would raise prices on their only buyer by 38%.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          RC Cola has gone from $1.00 to $1.38.

After years of taking crap from friends for being the only one to drink it, I appear to be their only customer, and I find it insulting they would raise prices on their only buyer by 38%.
          Are those 20oz bottles? Still, the cheapest bottles for that size around these parts are minimum $1.50.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Are those 20oz bottles? Still, the cheapest bottles for that size around these parts are minimum $1.50.
            Nope, that's for a two liter. I think they have deals with certain distributors, because even when Meijer has had RC for 1.00, I've seen their 99 cent labeled 2L's at gas stations and such.

My favorites tend to go Mexican Coke > Fountain Coke > canned Coke = RC from plastic > Coke from plastic, but since I'm not planning on installing a fountain machine in my apartment any time soon, RC has been the cheapest. Still is, but $1.00 seemed like such a steal.

Frankly the price of pop seems out of control. $1.75 for a 2L of coke is ridiculous.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Nope, that's for a two liter. I think they have deals with certain distributors, because even when Meijer has had RC for 1.00, I've seen their 99 cent labeled 2L's at gas stations and such.

My favorites tend to go Mexican Coke > Fountain Coke > canned Coke = RC from plastic > Coke from plastic, but since I'm not planning on installing a fountain machine in my apartment any time soon, RC has been the cheapest. Still is, but $1.00 seemed like such a steal.

Frankly the price of pop seems out of control. $1.75 for a 2L of coke is ridiculous.
              It's about $1.40 for a 20 oz here in Minneapolis (non-generic). And I'm probably guessing low.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

$1.69 here for a 20 oz Pepsi or Coke.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  $1.69 here for a 20 oz Pepsi or Coke.
                  At Meijer, it's $1.79 for a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi or Coke. It's cheaper to buy a $1.39 32 oz fountain cup and drink from the Coca-Cola freestyle machine.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If you are paying full retail for pop, you are paying a "sucker" price... Usually name brand 12-packs are on sale 4 for $11-12... Holidays bring out the 4 for $10 sales... Something is always on sale...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

No joke
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        If you are paying full retail for pop, you are paying a "sucker" price... Usually name brand 12-packs are on sale 4 for $11-12... Holidays bring out the 4 for $10 sales... Something is always on sale...
                        I rarely buy pop, though. If I do, it's usually when it's on sale anyway (I only buy individual bottles, though).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The only time I drink a pop is when I'm at a restaurant.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

$1.00 for a 20 oz. at work. Coke or Pepsi.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              $1.00 for a 20 oz. at work. Coke or eff that crap.
                              fyp

I almost never drink pop which is why when I do it's never diet.

Comment

What is pop? (Eastern bias)

Comment

Working...
                                X