X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    The Seaway Run organizers are grinding my gears. 4 weeks ago, I finished their half-marathon, only to find they ran out of medals. So I got a card, saying please email your bib, address, and phone number to the race director, and I would get my medal within three weeks. Well, it's been 4 weeks, and I've received nothing. And they want people to sign up next year?

Also, RoadID is grinding my gears. At the beginning of the month, I placed an order, and the following Monday, I got an email saying my order had shipped. I've watched my mailbox/front door like a hawk for the past month, and once again, NOTHING.
    Do all of these races/runs give out participation ribbons and medals or is it only if you place in the top X% of runners that you get one?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Do all of these races/runs give out participation ribbons and medals or is it only if you place in the top X% of runners that you get one?
      Most races over a 5k or 10k will have a finisher medal and then different awards for the top placers in each category. They're often given out instead of a shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
        Most races over a 5k or 10k will have a finisher medal and then different awards for the top placers in each category. They're often given out instead of a shirt.
        For half-marathons and above, you get a medal or something to recognize that you finished. On that note, I got an email back from the race organizer, apologizing for the delay.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          The Seaway Run organizers are grinding my gears. 4 weeks ago, I finished their half-marathon, only to find they ran out of medals. So I got a card, saying please email your bib, address, and phone number to the race director, and I would get my medal within three weeks. Well, it's been 4 weeks, and I've received nothing. And they want people to sign up next year?

Also, RoadID is grinding my gears. At the beginning of the month, I placed an order, and the following Monday, I got an email saying my order had shipped. I've watched my mailbox/front door like a hawk for the past month, and once again, NOTHING.
          Did the email contain a tracking number? If not why are you doing business with a company operating in the stone age? And why have you waited an entire month before complaining?

Seriously, the stuff you complain about on here - most of it is completely under your control. It's getting tiresome reading about it. It's one thing to post your gear-grinders, but you post the same things over and over again, but do nothing about them. Suck it up. Grow a pair. And do something about it. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
            Did the email contain a tracking number? If not why are you doing business with a company operating in the stone age? And why have you waited an entire month before complaining?

Seriously, the stuff you complain about on here - most of it is completely under your control. It's getting tiresome reading about it. It's one thing to post your gear-grinders, but you post the same things over and over again, but do nothing about them. Suck it up. Grow a pair. And do something about it. You'll thank me later.
            Are you serious? This wins the thread for silliness. This is a gear grinder thread. It is here for people to whine or be p1ssed. If you don't like to read it then go read the happy thread where no one has anything bad happening. Once in awhile the politicos fall off the wagon and you can whine about that to get your fix. Sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Are you serious? This wins the thread for silliness. This is a gear grinder thread. It is here for people to whine or be p1ssed. If you don't like to read it then go read the happy thread where no one has anything bad happening. Once in awhile the politicos fall off the wagon and you can whine about that to get your fix. Sheesh
              Okay. Got a message from the Seaway Run race director, apologizing for the delay in shipping my Lake Michigan Half-Marathon medal, so they're getting it shipped ASAP. Also got off the phone with RoadID. They told me that my order was delivered on July 10, but it was probably mis-delivered (delivered to the wrong house). They will re-make and re-ship it to the correct address.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with *****ing about "gear grinders" but some of this stuff is in people's control. Either keep the status quo and keep getting your "gears ground" or be proactive, make a change, and fix the problem.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Do we need a thread for those of us who are a bit more perfect so the rest of us who can't seem to make everything line up, anticipate how to make things work the very best can stay here and not feel inferior? If so maybe we should label the new thread Bad Karma because, of course, most events are avoidable if you are organized, smart enough, and proactive.

This attitude is grinding me gears. If you come in here you should expect people not to be happy. The whole point of the thread is a place to blow off steam not for people to sit judgment on you because you should fix yourself. Pretty sure no one purposely sets out to feel miserable/aggravated even if they can see in hindsight they could do things differently. Not everyone is capable of lining their life up and being proactive successfully all the time. Telling people to buck up, they shouldn't have a problem is about as helpful as selling a refrigerator to an Eskimo. If they could do that they probably would have done it already. It isn't as if they are asking you to do anything for them.

This is the place for people to be unhappy about stuff. GRRRRR!

?end rant. probably not

Comment

Do we need a thread for those of us who are a bit more perfect so the rest of us who can't seem to make everything line up, anticipate how to make things work the very best can stay here and not feel inferior? If so maybe we should label the new thread Bad Karma because, of course, most events are avoidable if you are organized, smart enough, and proactive.

This attitude is grinding me gears. If you come in here you should expect people not to be happy. The whole point of the thread is a place to blow off steam not for people to sit judgment on you because you should fix yourself. Pretty sure no one purposely sets out to feel miserable/aggravated even if they can see in hindsight they could do things differently. Not everyone is capable of lining their life up and being proactive successfully all the time. Telling people to buck up, they shouldn't have a problem is about as helpful as selling a refrigerator to an Eskimo. If they could do that they probably would have done it already. It isn't as if they are asking you to do anything for them.

This is the place for people to be unhappy about stuff. GRRRRR!

?end rant. probably not
                    So, you advocate people to keep complaining, and not try to fix the problem?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      So, you advocate people to keep complaining, and not try to fix the problem?
                      This isn't a therapy thread is it? If it is then the attitude that people are F ups isn't very helpful. You also have no idea whether people are trying to fix things or not. They might be but they shouldn't have to say they are working on stuff because the point of this thread isn't whether you are helping yourself, it is about being aggravated.

Comment

This isn't a therapy thread is it? If it is then the attitude that people are F ups isn't very helpful. You also have no idea whether people are trying to fix things or not. They might be but they shouldn't have to say they are working on stuff because the point of this thread isn't whether you are helping yourself, it is about being aggravated.
                        I don't know, I seem to remember you giving people advice fairly often in this thread.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Pretty sure no one purposely sets out to feel miserable/aggravated even if they can see in hindsight they could do things differently.
                          Hmmm, I don't know about that.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

New thread, to give advice to others, has been created, so we don't have to drag this one down with pesky help.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I was going to rep you back, but I have to spread. Oops. In short, I think you're 100% right with what you sent in the rep.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

When someone has been *****ing about the same problem for 3+ years, I think it's pretty safe to draw the conclusion they aren't doing squat to improve the situation. Your misguided/hypocritical rant was amusing to read, though.

There's plenty of instances of people complaining about stuff they can control (often followed up with advice from others on how to try to fix it) and also stuff that's out of our control (bad drivers, loud chewers, road crews, etc.) Both are perfectly acceptable. However, when the "under one's control" complaints are repeated over and over for several years, despite plenty of advice to that person on ways to make the situation improve...well guess what. That just grinds my gears. And I should be able to complain about it in this thread without reproach from holier-than-thou types, shouldn't I?

Comment

Working...
                                X