X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Eh, sideview mirrors don't really hurt. /truestory

A friend of mine was killed by one back when I was in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
      If it is from your own dog, I gotta say this is not really an issue if you just pick it up throughout the winter. I live in Minnesota and have an 85-pound four-legged turd factory and just pick it up each time. No mess in the springtime.
      This is what we tried to do, but now that the snow is melting, we're finding that we missed quite a few.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        People who knowingly and deliberately run a red light, even though there are pedestrians filling the crosswalk.

I was nearly brushed by a sideview mirror from someone doing it this morning. Another person actually ran after the car and started pounding on it, he was so pizzed.
        You should probably look both ways before you cross the street...I learned that when I was 4.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I remember when one of my chores was dogsh*t pickup. Winter and spring were always the worst. Winter requires a shovel, and then in the spring you find those half-decayed mounds that the scooper can't handle in one bite.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            This is what we tried to do, but now that the snow is melting, we're finding that we missed quite a few.
            I have to clean the kennel immediately in the winter, my dog thinks their frozen, jumbo tootsie rolls!!
            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I hate paper cuts. Haven't had one in years, until today.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The woman in the cube next to mine is interviewing a person for information, pretty normal stuff. The problem I have is that the interviewee seems to think that the two women are across a canyon from one another rather than in a cube a mere eight feet wide. She's talking so loud that I'm having a hard time drowning her out with my headphones.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I have an Extra subscription and choose to follow two teams with it, SCSU and MN. The logo for the U of MN seems to have increased in size by about 40% over the past few weeks. It's been blocking site content for everything to the immediate right of the logo within the www.uscho.com domain. The SCSU logo that also displays for me doesn't have this problem.

I was trying to use the Contact Us tool for the site but I can't. Why is that? Because the U of MN logo is blocking the submission button of the Contact Us page. Ironic.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I have an Extra subscription and choose to follow two teams with it, SCSU and MN. The logo for the U of MN seems to have increased in size by about 40% over the past few weeks. It's been blocking site content for everything to the immediate right of the logo within the www.uscho.com domain. The SCSU logo that also displays for me doesn't have this problem.

I was trying to use the Contact Us tool for the site but I can't. Why is that? Because the U of MN logo is blocking the submission button of the Contact Us page. Ironic.
                    I've experienced the same problem. I just quit following Minnesota.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Done with my tax returns for another year.

If I add up "only" local property tax, state income tax, Fed income tax, social security and medicare, we paid 34% of our total income in taxes. That's all the way down to the first dollar, not a marginal rate, either.

Add in sales taxes, gasoline taxes, taxes on cable bill and cell phone bill and internet bill, it gets even uglier.

I wouldn't mind if we were getting comparable value in return, but are we really getting anything close to what we pay for?
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Done with my tax returns for another year.

If I add up "only" local property tax, state income tax, Fed income tax, social security and medicare, we paid 34% of our total income in taxes. That's all the way down to the first dollar, not a marginal rate, either.

Add in sales taxes, gasoline taxes, taxes on cable bill and cell phone bill and internet bill, it gets even uglier.

I wouldn't mind if we were getting comparable value in return, but are we really getting anything close to what we pay for?
                        Having the NSA log all of your internet activity doesn't come cheap.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I got a raise, and I actually get less take-home pay. This grinds my gears (not in a political way, just the fact that it happens). Wonder if I can decline it.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            I got a raise, and I actually get less take-home pay. This grinds my gears (not in a political way, just the fact that it happens). Wonder if I can decline it.
                            Increase your 401(k) withholdings and your take home pay will go up again.

Comment

Shoes that come with laces far too short, making them a pain in the *** to tie. Seriously, how hard is it to cut laces to length, consistently? I bought a pair of nice kicks and the laces on one of the shoes is probably a total of 4 inches shorter than the other one. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Increase your 401(k) withholdings and your take home pay will go up again.
                                good idea, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X