This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

I did an online search for insurance quotes today from those multiple quote sites - home and auto, and my current coverage is the cheapest available out there. It irritates me because I really dislike my agent. I'm talking BADger hockey, 1-1-3 system dislike here. Maybe my insurance company can assign someone new.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

You sir deserve a crown for starting this thread.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Grinding away.....

It annoys me when people pass me on the highway, and then slow down so that they now are going slower than me. W...T...F is up with that?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Grinding away.....

It annoys me when people pass me on the highway, and then slow down so that they now are going slower than me. W...T...F is up with that?
        Or they are going slow until I get next to them, then they speed up so I can't get in front of them.

Comment

Getting an email that says (favorite band) is coming to my area, and after reading said email, finding out that the concert's in another state. Last I checked, Muskegon and Milwaukee were separated by Lake Michigan...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

being told we need to be reachable 24/7, even on vacation, until April 15th grinds my gears. a lot. A. LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              being told we need to be reachable 24/7, even on vacation, until April 15th grinds my gears. a lot. A. LOT.
              Tell them you'll be reachable but not necessarily sober while off the clock.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Or they are going slow until I get next to them, then they speed up so I can't get in front of them.
                I like when people pass on the right and then get caught up in slower traffic in that lane and fall you behind you.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Tell them you'll be reachable but not necessarily sober while off the clock.
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to St. Clown again.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    This is another thing that would cause me to start searching for a new job. Screw that.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The refusal of Board to add some sort of screening process for signing up, leading to the plethora of spambots and their threads is grinding my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        The refusal of Board to add some sort of screening process for signing up, leading to the plethora of spambots and their threads is grinding my gears.
                        100% this.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Recently purchased a new notebook computer for a technologically-illiterate family member.

Her biggest complaint? the *$%&@! touchpad. Drives her nuts.*

Turns out she's not alone.

From Wall St. Journal tech blogger:

I said goodbye to my mouse last month. It was time to advance, I thought, to a higher plane of input, a trackpad that works like a tablet's screen. Instead of point and click, I'd swipe and flick.

A few weeks in, I was missing my mouse. Moving a folder across a 27-inch iMac screen with the trackpad was like lugging a grand piano across the Sahara—I had to keep taking breaks along the way, as I ran out of pad.

This can't be progress. Determined, I rustled up a dozen of the latest input devices......

What I discovered: Thirty years after the Macintosh took the mouse mainstream, I couldn't find anything more precise or comfortable for operating a computer. More important, I found the mouse has managed to reinvent itself over the years.

* I can't use a touchpad either, but for a different reason.....I'm one of those that tends to tap my fingers while I'm thinking....

Comment

I *ing hate touchpads. I hate touch screens too, for the same reason as I hate touchpads: they are not exact enough. I still use my mouse on my laptop whenever possible.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Touchpads are plenty exact, you just have to get used to them.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                              X