X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    That's the word, but Goddell is from Western NY and there are a few guys that want to buy it (Pegula of the Sabres). I think screwing over one of the most loyal fan bases wouldn't go over well. Team sells out a lot of the games and has a loyal following. I think they stay in Buffalo, but I'm not certain on that.

Read something fascinating about the economics of the Bills playing in Buffalo a few years back. The gist of it is that Ralph Wilson is the only person who can make money playing football in Buffalo, because he owns the team and stadium outright given that he founded it 60 years ago, and he has no debt. Were you to purchase that team now, you'd be taking on significant debt and would not be able to turn a profit. Now this might be before some of the new TV contracts were signed, but aside from Pagula does anybody have that kind of money to throw around?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Read something fascinating about the economics of the Bills playing in Buffalo a few years back. The gist of it is that Ralph Wilson is the only person who can make money playing football in Buffalo, because he owns the team and stadium outright given that he founded it 60 years ago, and he has no debt. Were you to purchase that team now, you'd be taking on significant debt and would not be able to turn a profit. Now this might be before some of the new TV contracts were signed, but aside from Pagula does anybody have that kind of money to throw around?
      Tom Golisano does and so does Danny Wegman, but Wegman doesn't like parting with his money and Golisano did terrible as Sabres owner. Jim Kelly had a group that wanted to buy the team, but now he's fighting his cancer again. I've heard everyone to Trump, to Bon Jovi, to Rogers of Canada. I'm really not confident the Bills will be in Buffalo on the next decade.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Tom Golisano does and so does Danny Wegman, but Wegman doesn't like parting with his money and Golisano did terrible as Sabres owner. Jim Kelly had a group that wanted to buy the team, but now he's fighting his cancer again. I've heard everyone to Trump, to Bon Jovi, to Rogers of Canada. I'm really not confident the Bills will be in Buffalo on the next decade.
        There's no way the Bills move to Toronto until there's a new stadium with parking and the Ontario government relaxes the liquor law to allow tailgating.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          There's no way the Bills move to Toronto until there's a new stadium with parking and the Ontario government relaxes the liquor law to allow tailgating.
          Can't have any open booze in Ontario
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            I'm guessing the law has to do with gatherings larger than X number of people?

Comment

I'm worried about Jim Kelly right now. Recurrence of cancer, more surgery, he's not doing well.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I'm worried about Jim Kelly right now. Recurrence of cancer, more surgery, he's not doing well.
                I saw that. That's trouble.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Mantecore, the White Tiger that attacked (or saved) Roy back in 2003. He was 17.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/p...ar-dies-n62171
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Not unless it's changed since I left in '94 -- pretty sure it's only at special events, not tailgating.

Comment

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      Mantecore, the White Tiger that attacked (or saved) Roy back in 2003. He was 17.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/p...ar-dies-n62171
                      I don't recall hearing the "saved" option back then.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's my understanding of Toronto law that any booze in public must be contained within a public official, such as mayor.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

No good news about Jim Kelly.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...39&src=desktop

Doctors treating former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly for oral cancer have canceled surgery but will proceed with chemotherapy and radiation treatment, his wife announced Wednesday.

"At this point and time surgery is not the best option for Jim," Jill Kelly wrote on her Facebook page. "The cancer is in areas that surgery cannot successfully eradicate."

"Jim Kelly's condition remains very treatable and potentially curable," said Dr. Peter D. Costantino, who will direct Kelly's treatment at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. "Our immediate focus is on controlling his pain and beginning the process of eradicating the cancer."

Comment

Man, I hope he makes it through this. You want to talk about being a MAN. Like, old-school Frank Sinatra style MAN, and not some pansy-arse whiner? Jim's a man's man. This article about him backs up everything I just said:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...es-cancer-loss
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Man, I hope he makes it through this. You want to talk about being a MAN. Like, old-school Frank Sinatra style MAN, and not some pansy-arse whiner? Jim's a man's man. This article about him backs up everything I just said:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...es-cancer-loss
                              I knew he had been through some things, but I didn't realize the half of it. Now here's a guy people should point to when looking for a role model for their kids.
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Former defense & energy secretary James Schlesinger, 85

Comment

Working...
                                X