X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I'm torn between everyone ignoring it so that pretty much everything he did was worthless, or having the Woodstock of funeral protests. Leaning towards ignoring it.
    Celebrate his death with a nice glass of your drink of choice. No publicity needed for that scum.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Fred Phelps brought conservatives and liberals together by their undying hatred of Fred Phelps. I hope USCHO celebrates by having Old Pio and Foxton share a manly hug.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Fred Phelps brought conservatives and liberals together by their undying hatred of Fred Phelps. I hope USCHO celebrates by having Old Pio and Foxton share a manly hug.
        manly?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          manly?
          There are some mental images none of us need.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

"Hatred" can be a profitable niche in our culture. George Lincoln Rockwell, Brown graduate and Marine fighter pilot, headed the American Nazi Party. Stokely Carmichael was the head of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC). And in one rare moment of candor answered a reporter's question about how many members his group had by saying (I paraphrase): "52 brothers and 97 national reporters." And Fred Phelps. "Hatred" was profitable enough for Phelps and his clan that they spent most of their time on the road, flying from town to town, spraying sunshine wherever they went.

It's always been an open question to me how sincere these hate peddlers are. They all get treated with deference by the media: interviews, pictures, coverage, etc. And that gives their activities a patina of legitimacy they don't deserve. Which leads to a status they don't deserve (Playboy sent Alex Haley to interview Rockwell, for the love of God). Which leads to more public appearances. Which leads, etc. etc. Phelps, Carmichael, Rockwell (just to name three) were peas in a pod. Playing the media, collecting the money, living on the uppermost part of the hog and generally having a good time. They represent nobody. They speak for nobody. They're independent contractors. Like the kid who delivers your morning paper. And we certainly don't give a sh*t what he thinks about anything.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              There are some mental images none of us need.
              Ummm.... yeah, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that!
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Oldest American man dies at 110.

These stories always make me a little sad because they end up out-living almost all of their loved ones, including children. This guy lost all twelve siblings, and had to experience the death of a child five times. Sounds like he lived a great life, though.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

WBC asking people to please refrain from protesting Fred's funeral and give them privacy.

Kneejerk response: LOL.

Thought out response: ******** are playing chess. They know people are taking the high road and not biting on this, so they're trying to goad people into doing it.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

David "Oderus Urungus" Bockie, lead singer of GWAR, age 50.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      WBC asking people to please refrain from protesting Fred's funeral and give them privacy.

Kneejerk response: LOL.

Thought out response: ******** are playing chess. They know people are taking the high road and not biting on this, so they're trying to goad people into doing it.
                      No media coverage, no protest, nothing. That should p!$$ them off.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        David "Oderus Urungus" Bockie, lead singer of GWAR, age 50.
                        NOOOOOOOOOO.

Those shows are really... something.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Ralph Wilson, Buffalo Bills owner.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Ralph Wilson, Buffalo Bills owner.
                            As much as I've ridden Ralph Wilson over the years, I'm already seeing some fans celebrating his death and that makes me want to puke. Wilson may not have made the best decisions in recent years, but the AFC may not have existed without him. He did give countless loans to other owners who needed help when the league was starting up. Wilson did many great things for football and he will be missed.

I think there is already some sort of succession plan in the works because the children probably don't want to run the team. The biggest fear Bills fans have is will we have the team when the lease runs out in a few years.

RIP Mr. Wilson.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              As much as I've ridden Ralph Wilson over the years, I'm already seeing some fans celebrating his death and that makes me want to puke. Wilson may not have made the best decisions in recent years, but the AFC may not have existed without him. He did give countless loans to other owners who needed help when the league was starting up. Wilson did many great things for football and he will be missed.

I think there is already some sort of succession plan in the works because the children probably don't want to run the team. The biggest fear Bills fans have is will we have the team when the lease runs out in a few years.

RIP Mr. Wilson.
                              I thought the word was that the kids were all interested in either selling or moving the team to Toronto?
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                I thought the word was that the kids were all interested in either selling or moving the team to Toronto?
                                That's the word, but Goddell is from Western NY and there are a few guys that want to buy it (Pegula of the Sabres). I think screwing over one of the most loyal fan bases wouldn't go over well. Team sells out a lot of the games and has a loyal following. I think they stay in Buffalo, but I'm not certain on that.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X