This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Fundies of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your secular humanist chains.
    Judge me, O God, and distinguish my cause from the nation that is not holy: deliver me from the unjust and deceitful man.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Judge me, O God, and distinguish my cause from the nation that is not holy: deliver me from the unjust and deceitful man.

For thou art the God of my strength:
      why dost thou cast me off?
      Why go I mourning
      because of the oppression of the enemy?

What's up with that?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well these secular humanists are taking over the world!!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Joan Rivers has been hospitalized after she stopped breathing during an operation.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Wouldn't she have already been hospitalized for the operation?

Any guesses what type of surgery?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

I assumed it was the periodic tightening of the lift but I read it was throat surgery - perhaps to remove a foot from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Fundies of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your secular humanist chains.
                Even by the generous standards we apply to your hyper pseudo intellectual babblings, what is that supposed to mean? You compared justice in Texas to justice in Iran. Texas is not a theocracy, notwithstanding your pathetic religious bigotry. The comparison is total bull sh*t. So now you pivot to "fundies" (an all time fav of yours) and blathering about secular humanist chains. Maybe, occasionally, you could stop trying so hard to impress us, instead sticking to the farking point.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Even by the generous standards we apply to your hyper pseudo intellectual babblings, what is that supposed to mean? You compared justice in Texas to justice in Iran. Texas is not a theocracy, notwithstanding your pathetic religious bigotry. The comparison is total bull sh*t. So now you pivot to "fundies" (an all time fav of yours) and blathering about secular humanist chains. Maybe, occasionally, you could stop trying so hard to impress us, instead sticking to the farking point.
                  Angry much?
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    (blah blah blah) what is that supposed to mean? You compared justice in Texas to justice in Iran. Texas is not a theocracy, notwithstanding your pathetic religious bigotry. The comparison is total bull sh*t. So now you pivot to "fundies" (an all time fav of yours) and blathering about secular humanist chains (blah blah blah)
                    The heart pills are next to the sink. We'll wait.

Theocrats all have the same aim: the subjection of civil law under divine law. We turned away from that path in the Renaissance and that has been the whole basis of the modern western world.

Christianity is better than Islam now. Why? Precisely because there was a secular humanist movement that blunted its ambitions for dominance. You are half right: it is false equivalence. But the reason it is false equivalence is that we put religion in the box of personal conscience.

Maybe if you stopped being scared of your shadow long enough, you could see the humor in the fact that the very people who trumpet western moral superiority are the ones laying the most stress on regressive movements which, if successful, would erode that superiority.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Angry much?
                      His world is ending. Be nice.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Heart pills? Somebody get that man an Ativan tablet and a couple beers, stat.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Many elective surgeries take place at independent surgery centers these days. When I had my shoulder repaired last year it was in a surgery center connected to the orthopedic surgeon's clinic, the nearest hospital being three miles to the east.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Actually, if you had followed the threads it was I who brought Texas into the thread as a tongue in cheek (We'll always have Texas - Gone with the Wind reference) response to Iran executing willy nilly.

Sometimes you need to relax just a bit and laugh. We're not going to change the world here. But we have (mostly) fun over virtual beer and pizza discussing things and poking good fun at our counterparts foibles.

Every poster here has stepped in it at least once. So? We're human.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Theocrats all have the same aim: the subjection of civil law under divine law. We turned away from that path in the Renaissance and that has been the whole basis of the modern western world.

Christianity is better than Islam now. Why? Precisely because there was a secular humanist movement that blunted its ambitions for dominance. You are half right: it is false equivalence. But the reason it is false equivalence is that we put religion in the box of personal conscience.

Maybe if you stopped being scared of your shadow long enough, you could see the humor in the fact that the very people who trumpet western moral superiority are the ones laying the most stress on regressive movements which, if successful, would erode that superiority.
                              Bigotry more fully explained is still bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Actually, if you had followed the threads it was I who brought Texas into the thread as a tongue in cheek (We'll always have Texas - Gone with the Wind reference) response to Iran executing willy nilly.

Sometimes you need to relax just a bit and laugh. We're not going to change the world here. But we have (mostly) fun over virtual beer and pizza discussing things and poking good fun at our counterparts foibles.

Every poster here has stepped in it at least once. So? We're human.
                                I responded to what I chose to respond to.

Comment

Working...
                                X