Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

I have a phone interview with a local bakery Friday at 2.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      I have a phone interview with a local bakery Friday at 2.
      Good luck!

PB, he needs to drop the M to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post

PB, he needs to drop the M to get there.
        Fixed I blame posting from the phone while having beers at elevation.
        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
          Fixed I blame posting from the phone while having beers at elevation.
          Makes a difference, doesn't it?

Truthfully, I'm a little surprised with you being a runner and all. I have found that people who run or engage in aerobic activity are affected MUCH less than "normal" folk.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Still haven't damaged anything with a forklift. I'm much slower than the guys that have been doing it a while, but I think that's fine as long as I don't bring down fully loaded pallet racking. As I get used to how far the forks stick out and the radius of the tail whip I'll speed up.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Still haven't damaged anything with a forklift. I'm much slower than the guys that have been doing it a while, but I think that's fine as long as I don't bring down fully loaded pallet racking. As I get used to how far the forks stick out and the radius of the tail whip I'll speed up.
              We welcome you to the Forklift Jockey Club.

It does get easier. Even when I traveled to new buildings, it took me a couple hours to master all the angles in the turning. Now? I'm pretty much a Jedi on those things.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                We welcome you to the Forklift Jockey Club.

It does get easier. Even when I traveled to new buildings, it took me a couple hours to master all the angles in the turning. Now? I'm pretty much a Jedi on those things.
                I've already identified the spots in the yard where you MUST slow down and take a certain angle. Thankfully, I found these spots when I didn't have a load. Those things really hop for being 15,000 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I have found that people who run or engage in aerobic activity are affected MUCH less than "normal" folk.
                  It definitely helps when exerting at altitude (particularly at 7,000+ ASL), but some people are just naturally susceptible to AMS regardless. Generally, doctors will tell you that strenuous activity and/or alcohol in the first 24-48 hours are not advised, since both accelerate dehydration, which is the chief aggravator of the symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It definitely helps when exerting at altitude (particularly at 7,000+ ASL), but some people are just naturally susceptible to AMS regardless. Generally, doctors will tell you that strenuous activity and/or alcohol in the first 24-48 hours are not advised, since both accelerate dehydration, which is the chief aggravator of the symptoms.
                    I personally never had a problem with high altitude other than bloody noses the first time I was out there. After that? No difference in anything, physically.

SOH:

When I trained people on the power equipment, I gave them the biggest load/cart to transport. You had maybe 2-3" clearance IF you took the correct angle (and rarely was the biggest load in play). After that? They had no probs. Ever.

I am the only one that uses the biggest cart nowadays. The rest have left.

Comment

Just don't take after this guy and you're good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Be this guy instead:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGVvHMsFGA

Comment

I knew a guy at the Sears I worked at in Mankato that would crush his pop can with the fork, flip it on to the fork using that same method, then get it into the garbage can by stopping suddenly after going towards it.

Comment

I knew a guy at the Sears I worked at in Mankato that would crush his pop can with the fork, flip it on to the fork using that same method, then get it into the garbage can by stopping suddenly after going towards it.
                            The only "story" that I know of, because I value my job, is a guy drifted in one of these:

http://www.eqguru.com/BTPRIME-MOVER/...es/L/opx,0.jpg

Edit: this is what I mainly drive.

Comment

The only "story" that I know of, because I value my job, is a guy drifted in one of these:

http://www.eqguru.com/BTPRIME-MOVER/...es/L/opx,0.jpg

Edit: this is what I mainly drive.
                              We have some of those, haven't been on the joe lifts yet. Just your standard electric and diesel Toyota models.

Comment

We have some of those, haven't been on the joe lifts yet. Just your standard electric and diesel Toyota models.
                                Gotcha. The newer models of those....holy hannah. At the offsite, they take off the height and speed governors.

Comment

Working...
                                X