Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Got my new work iPhone. Holy crap is this thing NOT user friendly at all. No question that I have to keep my Samsung in addition to this, I can't use this regularly and stay sane.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Your phone is for watching Espn
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
        at work we can watch espn at our computer
        Govt jobs.....

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Nope.

Edit: Actually there are, but hardly worth seeing.
          Apparently the English version of this (Der Turm or in English The Tower) is being released on 11/7, appropriately in time for the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall on 11/9.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Govt jobs.....

Yeah, the stuff the union advocates for... I mean, I'm no fan of unions... but I'd sooner have them fight for better pay for us scientists vs. adult day care accoutrements.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Got my new work iPhone. Holy crap is this thing NOT user friendly at all. No question that I have to keep my Samsung in addition to this, I can't use this regularly and stay sane.
              What don't you like about the interface? This might just be a case of being unacquainted to how Apple does things vs. how Android does things. I had a bit of a shock when making the change from Android to Apple. Now I have no problems using the interface, find it very easy for 90% of my actions.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Yeah, the stuff the union advocates for... I mean, I'm no fan of unions... but I'd sooner have them fight for better pay for us scientists vs. adult day care accoutrements.
                A good weekend to be anti-Union is coming up , not that I am optimistic.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I'm actually thinking about switching to Android and getting the Note 4 next month. Looks like the Samsung phone has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I'm actually thinking about switching to Android and getting the Note 4 next month. Looks like the Samsung phone has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus.
                    Thought about upgrading early to the HTC One M8, but AT&T was prepared to rake my wallet over the coals if I did, so I passed. My M7 is still doing decently well.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      What don't you like about the interface? This might just be a case of being unacquainted to how Apple does things vs. how Android does things. I had a bit of a shock when making the change from Android to Apple. Now I have no problems using the interface, find it very easy for 90% of my actions.
                      Keyboard is way too small, I hit multiple lettersat a time. The notification panel doesn't have much functionality (I can turn on/off bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode and 30 other things from there on my android). The screens aren't very customizable. There are no widgets, which is much more annoying than I thought it would be. No search bar on the home screen. No back button. No SD card. Charger is not micro USB. The list goes on and on...

I was able to improve it some by downloading a whole bunch of Google apps. I have to open an app first but once I do that I get some of the Android functionality back. Also got Amazon MP3 downloaded now, so I can have music.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Anyway....I hate that work blocks ESPN.com. I can get onto the craziest sites, but not that one.
                        Such as?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Such as?
                          I'm guessing TMZ, Poopshoot, Access Hollywood......
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning.

That nap from 6-8 last night really helped with staying up late to watch baseball.

On to hockey season until mid-February!
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X