Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I like electricity and hot water, but have had cabins with neither.

Don't need TV as we are by the fire till bedtime.

You know what REALLY peeves me when in the Nort Woods? Hearing a ****ing TV in the next place over when I'm out in the hammock or around the fire.
    My family used to vacation on Leech Lake, at a resort (cabins). IIRC, they had elec and water, but that was it. We rarely used them. Also used to go when storm season was in full swing. Nothing like seeing a storm roll in on a hot summer night, with only candles lighting the cabin.
    Nothing made us more mad then when others brought modern technology to said cabins.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

My Dad's hunting camp is kind of a nice middle ground, although some creature comforts have been added in recent years. Solar power is available now, spring-fed cement pool, but it does have an outhouse. Always enjoy my time up there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        So, the wife took me camping this past weekend, she has been wanting to go for a while. I can do the parts where we sit around the fire, drink beer, etc. But I need a shower that I don't have share with 50 other people. I need a decent place to brush my teeth. I need a decent mattress to sleep on, and somewhere I can actually stand up to get dressed. Need to push the cabin direction.....
        That Citty life is making you soft! Although you do raise a good point later on here in having access to a shower.

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        That sounds awesome. I'm just trying to find the best way to broadcast; dish, direct tv, a wireless card and hdmi cord, etc.
        from what I've seen, little satellite dishs work, although I have no idea just how exactly they are set up as I'm more of a minimalist when I tailgate. A cooler of cold ones, some chips and snacks to bring to the tailgate, a Monster to chug right before going in and some water for after the game is all I really need.

I have seen some of the big screen in the back of the truck/SUV/Minivan set ups that look like they're just pulling in the signal on a Over-the-Air antenna. You just have to hope that whatever game you want to watch is on a station that you can pull in via over the air. I know that has seem to work well for a few of the Notre Dame fans I've seen.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          My Dad's hunting camp is kind of a nice middle ground, although some creature comforts have been added in recent years. Solar power is available now, spring-fed cement pool, but it does have an outhouse. Always enjoy my time up there.
          My grandfather's hunting cabin up north had a out house, a pump handle at the sink to get water, and I think it was set up that you could run a generator for power there if you really wanted to, but I don't think they did that often during hunting season. After he died that got sold off and my dad and his brothers went in on a different place and really build a polebarn house on the site, got a garage to put quads, dirtbikes, and snowmobiles in, plumbing, electricity and a satelite dish. No phone at the cabin and its far out into the boonies that you gotta ride out to this big hilltop to get any cell service around there. If somebody would just put a tower up on the hill it would probably cover about half of Kalkaska County I think.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Day 3 of my guard being down at work. I love getting yelled at by the CEO for things that I had nothing to do with in the first place.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I like electricity and hot water, but have had cabins with neither.

Don't need TV as we are by the fire till bedtime.

You know what REALLY peeves me when in the Nort Woods? Hearing a ****ing TV in the next place over when I'm out in the hammock or around the fire.
                  This or people who bring a radio down and play it loudly on their dock. Noise travels on a lake. I want to hear the loons not your GD music. Get some earbuds

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    This or people who bring a radio down and play it loudly on their dock. Noise travels on a lake. I want to hear the loons not your GD music. Get some earbuds

The loons, the waves, the frogs, the breeze...

I wonder why some people even bother to travel that far when all they really seem to want is to live their home life in a slightly different setting.

And thus, the 5,477th reason that people suck.

Comment

Had they been able to afford it, my parents would have bought a house on a lake in Michigan to live in for the summer and then spend the winter in Texas. Instead, they come up here and rent a house for a week.

I can't wait until the last week of August. They are renting a place on Lake Charlevoix and I'll be spending the week with them. 3 bedroom 2 bath house, not sure if it has interenet and don't care. Didn't watch the tv last year, so not sure about cable. Enjoyed getting away from everything, reading, kayaking, swimming, cards, campfires.

They rented the same house last year. The owners have a pretty good deal that a neighbor that lives on Charlevoix year round keeps an eye on the house and does the yard work, they pay someone else for the housework between guests.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Just because people disagree with your views on what a vacation should be doesn't mean they're wrong. Ear buds don't work well in water.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If I'm just trying to relax and be stress free I'd rather stay home and do nothing than go to a cabin or anywhere else.

I don't find nature to be fun.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Just because people disagree with your views on what a vacation should be doesn't mean they're wrong. Ear buds don't work well in water.
                            It is common courtesy to respect your neighbors. If it was a party- meh. Aggravating but suck it up. It isn't. These people are on a dock, not wet or in the water. Sometimes they blast the music, full volume, thru their cabin window (up the hill, about 80' from the lake). The lake is 1 mile by 1/2 mile. When they do this the whole lake hears their music like it was right next to them. Pretty much the whole lake gets aggravated. Folks jump in their boat from down the lake, motor down and ask them to lower the volume.
                            Actually, the music isn't horrible but I do like to be able to talk to the person next to me without feeling like I am at a club on Friday night. I would much prefer to hear the loons, wind etc

Sort of like when people bring the radio to the beach and max out the volume when there is a huge crowd. Do you have the right? sure, but it would be nice to consider other people too.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              It is common courtesy to respect your neighbors. If it was a party- meh. Aggravating but suck it up. It isn't. These people are on a dock, not wet or in the water. Sometimes they blast the music, full volume, thru their cabin window (up the hill, about 80' from the lake). The lake is 1 mile by 1/2 mile. When they do this the whole lake hears their music like it was right next to them. Pretty much the whole lake gets aggravated. Folks jump in their boat from down the lake, motor down and ask them to lower the volume.
                              Actually, the music isn't horrible but I do like to be able to talk to the person next to me without feeling like I am at a club on Friday night. I would much prefer to hear the loons, wind etc

Sort of like when people bring the radio to the beach and max out the volume when there is a huge crowd. Do you have the right? sure, but it would be nice to consider other people too.
                              Wear ear plugs. Duh. Besides, I crank the tunes because those f ing loons are annoying.

Edit. Not sure what happened to my post last night.......we own a cottage. Has the basics. It keeps us warm,cool,dry and we can take a shower.
                              Last edited by gmann; 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Man, I am out of repping practice. cc to RFAlph- I give up trying to spread to rep you back

Comment

Working...
                                X