Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

S'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to West Texas Wolverine? He seams to have disappeared from the USCHO directory.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Back at work. Wife is taking an extra day of vacation today, but I need to save mine for deer killing, so here I sit.

Got home at about 2PM yesterday. And had a huge pile of stuff to deal with. So many gifts, and most of it is kitchen stuff. So we started the process of cleaning out cupboards, sorting old stuff into piles of garbage, garage sale, and give to college-bound sister-in-law. We quickly found that we don't have anywhere close to enough room for all of our kitchen stuff. And we maybe mis-managed the stuff we put on the registry. We have enough dishes to make about 12 hotdishes at the same time.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Howdy Lodge.

I've made our production staff hate me once again. They have several times asked the other engineer if they could skip a step in production so they won't miss the shipment date. Saying I'm, "making [them] do [process], but we skipped didn't have to last time". Well, last time was a different part number, but for the same customer, so they want it to be OK all the time now. It isn't absolutely necessary, but I've told them either do what the job ticket says or change the job ticket. This makes me evil.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              We have enough dishes to make about 12 hotdishes at the same time.
              I see no issue with this.

Also, since I don't think I already said it, congratulations!
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Howdy Lodge.

I've made our production staff hate me once again. They have several times asked the other engineer if they could skip a step in production so they won't miss the shipment date. Saying I'm, "making [them] do [process], but we skipped didn't have to last time". Well, last time was a different part number, but for the same customer, so they want it to be OK all the time now. It isn't absolutely necessary, but I've told them either do what the job ticket says or change the job ticket. This makes me evil.
                I vote that you get one of those headband things with devil horns that little kids and/or sluts wear at Halloween, and wear that the next time you talk to them. If they already think you're evil, may as well go with it. Plus then, they might think you're a little crazy, and might listen a little better.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  What part of CO are you at?
                  Colorado Springs
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                    Colorado Springs
                    McCabe's is a nice little townie bar. I stop by there with my COS friends on every trip. Also, if you like old school video games, the boardwalk in Manitou Springs is fun. IIRC, they have at least one game from every year from the last 100 years. Penny machines, etc.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Howdy Lodge.

Is the idea that a customer wants something some way foreign to them? Or is this a QA step? Not saying that it should be ignored but I don't get it. If I found out something that costs serious $$$ isn't as it was asked for then I'd be livid.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

McCabe's is a nice little townie bar. I stop by there with my COS friends on every trip. Also, if you like old school video games, the boardwalk in Manitou Springs is fun. IIRC, they have at least one game from every year from the last 100 years. Penny machines, etc.
                        somebody recommended Manitou Springs to get a drink... yeah, no, we spent half an hour trying to find parking just to find the place was mediocre. Tourist trap hell. We have that already in the east, its called northern new hampshire.

edit: I will say that if you're there to blow some time then, yeah, maybe its worthwhile, but we were limited on time having just driven down from Denver looking to... errr... pre-game.
                        Last edited by Patman; 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Good evening Lodge.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            somebody recommended Manitou Springs to get a drink... yeah, no, we spent half an hour trying to find parking just to find the place was mediocre. Tourist trap hell. We have that already in the east, its called northern new hampshire.

edit: I will say that if you're there to blow some time then, yeah, maybe its worthwhile, but we were limited on time having just driven down from Denver looking to... errr... pre-game.
                            It does get crowded in summer, and it is a tourist trap. I was there at the beginning and end of the tourist season, so it wasn't a prob. IIRC, the Anchor Bar (or something similar) was where we drank.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Just got home from OKC. Not a bad little city. Totally going through some growth over the last 10-15 years. Caught an ealier flight out of there to Chicago and another (somewhat) earlier flight home from there. Finishing up packing for my vacation which starts tomorrow. Going to Florida, where it will most likely rain the entire time I'm there. *sigh* Oh well. It's a free trip - using miles, staying at my cousin's house in Boca, using one of their cars. And I won't be at the office, so there's that.

Comment

It does get crowded in summer, and it is a tourist trap. I was there at the beginning and end of the tourist season, so it wasn't a prob. IIRC, the Anchor Bar (or something similar) was where we drank.
                                ours was columbus day weekend, IIRC. I dunno, I'd need some hard convincing to want to do it again.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X