Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I decided to sit in th "quiet car" on the return trip. So far I only heard one sneeze and the conductor asking for tickets.
    What do you do in NYC when you visit?

Ride your bike?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      What do you do in NYC when you visit?

Ride your bike?
      I was visiting my brother and his family. We went out to eat both days. Besides that I visited the cemetery where my parents and my mother's parents are buried (and I will be buried. )

I one brought a bike with me, but that was in the days when I drove here.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by gmann View Post
        I live under a rock. I tend to keep up on things but for some reason I haven't followed the ALS challenge. I use Facebook occasionally. This morning my cell phone blew up as I was receiving texts about being challenged.

I think it's a brilliant idea. The PR they are getting out of this (let alone the money) is huge. Everyone in the g household was challenged and the 12 people we challenged have all accepted and passed along the challenge.

Tomorrow is my Friday and then it's off for a final camping trip before schools starts.
        I think, personally, it's kinda dumb but there's no sense being a killjoy about it. Most fads annoy me but you may as well let people be people.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Holy crap I hurt. I probably shouldn't have decided that water skiing for the first time in about 6 years was a good idea. Oh well, it was fun while I was doing it. Face planted while trying to open my beer, that was kinda ****ty.

Later on in the night I fell in the St. Croix River, because the dock was unsecured. Walked from one section to the other, and the dock sunk like a foot, lost my footing, and flopped right into the **** river. So, other than that (which happened at about 2AM Sunday), bachelor party Saturday was a blast. And I guess my new phone is pretty sweet.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good Morning Lodge.

Congrats to lil Gurtie. I take it he goes into the corners with his elbows out and stick up like his old man, eh?

Had PT this morning so I can go to the Fair on Friday. Supposed to be great weather for it on Friday, hope the guessers are right for once.

Oh, a kid we have known since before mites (so like 5 years old) just committed to being a Gopher hockey player! Hope he can qualify academically.

Comment

Extended forecast for the wedding is 91 F, 20% chance of rain, partly cloudy.

Not too bad.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Holy crap I hurt. I probably shouldn't have decided that water skiing for the first time in about 6 years was a good idea. Oh well, it was fun while I was doing it. Face planted while trying to open my beer, that was kinda ****ty.

Later on in the night I fell in the St. Croix River, because the dock was unsecured. Walked from one section to the other, and the dock sunk like a foot, lost my footing, and flopped right into the **** river. So, other than that (which happened at about 2AM Sunday), bachelor party Saturday was a blast. And I guess my new phone is pretty sweet.
                That wasn't the ALS challenge, was it?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

S'upp y'all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I should clarify, I faceplanted while trying to open a beer WHILE waterskiing. I didn't fail so much as to manage to faceplant while just walking.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good morning from the left coast. I'm overly anxious about getting to the Emmys today based on the packet of info I got. Not going to get into it now as I need breakfast but wish me luck I don't get arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Oh yeah, no fail in any of that.

On the "hurt" note, I decided a couple of years ago to try slaloming again for the first time since I was a kid. My boy didn't believe me when I told him that I could actually do it.

I was so tensed not wanting to fall - it HURTS falling on waterskis - that it was more work than it was worth. The next day, I could barely get around as muscles that I didn't even know I had were sore.

Now I just ski on two. Plenty of excitement for me and minimal if any soreness...

Comment

It hurts. A lot!
                          I tried to turn too sharp on a ski I hadn't been on before and could feel myself going down so I tried to roll onto my back to lessen the pain. Back of the ski caught the water and I pulled my hammy....ouch.
                          Will give it a shot next weekend.....Hope the weather cooperates.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            It hurts. A lot!
                            I tried to turn too sharp on a ski I hadn't been on before and could feel myself going down so I tried to roll onto my back to lessen the pain. Back of the ski caught the water and I pulled my hammy....ouch.
                            Will give it a shot next weekend.....Hope the weather cooperates.
                            Yes, now that you're older, wiser, have stronger muscles and more agile reflexes, things should go swimmingly for you this time.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                What could go wrong?
                                Nothing. Trust me.

My big mistake was not prying up the tab on the beer can a little bit before going. I got up, grabbed the beer, then had a hell of a time getting my finger nail under the tab with one hand, on water skis. If it was bent up a little, I could have cracked it easy with one hand and enjoyed a nice KBC Ore Dock while on skis. Oh, and of course I was wearing my belt and "beer" belt buckle, and a hat, and aviators. That's how I roll.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X