Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

The first time I used a mac - in design school - I hated it coz I couldn't figure out how to do anything.

Since then, I was taught how to use the OS and now find it far, FAR superior to windows and hate it when I have to use a PC.

I have a Macbook (which the boy now has), an Imac, a Macbook Pro, we all have iPhone 5s, have an iPad and about 7 or 8 iPods.

Love Mac products and will never go back. In addition, have never had any virus issues or mechanical problems and all the products are still going strong.

Comment

Yawn!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Yawn!
          My feelings about all things Apple/Mac as well, Ralph!

Comment

Morning.

My feeling on Mac vs PC is base it on the software you use most. Make sure you can use what you need to use.

Office for Mac is/was pretty terrible for example.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
              That's the issue with windows/laptops. They are only intended for three or four years of hard use. Apple? They keep going and going...........
              I had my last Dell for 8 years. Got it my senior year of high school, lasted through college, and into several years after college. Got the cheapest Toshiba I could get after that, and it has lasted 3+ years since I got it without any issues yet.

I hate Apple. Won't buy their ****. I have used Iphones, mac computers, Ipads, and I haven't liked a single one I've used.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good Morning Lodge.

Jr gets a Macbook Air issued by the school and likes it (but it's not as awesome/bulletproof/indestructible as some would have you believe. Both years there was at least one issue with it that had to be taken to the school's IT. Our home computers are PCs.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

I have owned Macs for over 11 years. My first was a PowerBook G4 that I used throughout design school and a few years after. It still runs, but it is soon to go. Then I have my iMac Cinema Edition so I can do more design work. I also have a Chromebook, which I like very much.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I don't think even the most hard core PC advocate would argue against Mac for graphics use. As JF said, using it for Office is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      I don't think even the most hard core PC advocate would argue against Mac for graphics use. As JF said, using it for Office is another matter.
                      I use computers for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. Granted, I do most of that on my work computer, but I still have the programs on my personal laptop. I end up using Excel for random stuff on my personal laptop more than most would expect. I have never owned or used a graphics program. I had a copy of photoshop in college that was on a burned CD, and floated around the dorms, opened it once, didn't see much use for it and uninstalled.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No electricity. Its been 5 minutes and I'm already starting to sweat. I have an electrician out to replace my damaged meter box and mast, so I have no power for about an hour. I downloaded some documents from the network before I was cut off so I can still get some work done.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I've been holding on posting an update because I was trying to see if I could get all my reputation comments to be King RFalph but I couldn't hold out. There is another baby chick in the Chicken Coop! He was born on 8/14/14 and he and his Mommy are doing well!
                          Originally posted by Bakunin
                          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

So when employees hit their 5yr, 10yr, etc. anniversaries with the company, our managers are given a budget to spend on that employee, that budget being $10/year of service. How the money is spent on each employee is entirely up to the manager's discretion. How does mine choose to celebrate my 10yr anniversary with the company? He's bringing in a catered breakfast for the team that will be cheesy eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns and juice. In short, he's spending all of the budget for me on foods I can't eat. Yeah... it's just become comical.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                              I've been holding on posting an update because I was trying to see if I could get all my reputation comments to be King RFalph but I couldn't hold out. There is another baby chick in the Chicken Coop! He was born on 8/14/14 and he and his Mommy are doing well!
                              Congrats!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                1901.6 miles left
                                1820.4 miles left.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X