Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Tough call all around. I hope everything works out for the best.
    Seconded
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So drove from Hickory to Mount Airy, NC (Mayberry) to catch the Blue Ride Parkway and spent all day driving / hiking. Absolutely beautiful! The leaves are spectacular.
      Saw the Gopher halftime score & gave them up for dead.....then saw they pulled out a squeaker. Nice.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

You're a good guy Hoven
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Hardy har har! I actually have a little gray in the beard if it grows out enough. Just a little salt'n'pepper.

For the Extras, you know the story already, but for the Lodge-onians, well, here goes:

Had a sit-down with the ex today. She has just about fully reconciled with her ex-husband (they have 3 kids), and the decision was made (I made the option available, and she accepted) that I am giving them full custody and waiving all visitation rights of Rube V.2, and she will waive all child support/etc. RV.2 will be able to meet me in the future, if he so desires, and I will be given any updates/photos/etc at any time, per my requesting them. I felt, and she obviously agreed, that this was for the best for RV.2, to keep the family whole. It's been a rough couple months, especially the last couple weeks. I've got a great network of support, and my family is behind this decision 100%.

I apologize if this is a bit heavy, however I feel I can share this with all y'all, as we've gotten to know each other over the years on a multitude of levels. It kind of goes to show how close this community really is.
          Wow - I cannot imagine how hard that decision was to make & it's refreshing to see you put the child interests ahead of your own.
          {Raises glass toward tRube}

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

At the HHT... technically I guess I need to share the seat with les...
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Wow - I cannot imagine how hard that decision was to make & it's refreshing to see you put the child interests ahead of your own.
              {Raises glass toward tRube}
              Yeah, despite my commentary/joyous presence on the interwebs, I've been pretty much a wreck for the past month wrestling with this. Had to keep it close to the vest until everything was settled. When I told my brother tonight, it hit him pretty hard, since he (a widower) knows the importance of a whole family.

Spent this crisp evening with the family at my brother's, around a nice toasty fire. Definitely needed it.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

At the Very Happy Hockey Table! SWEEP over Wisconsin!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Jeez Brent, what a gut-wrenching decision that must've been. Hopefully that will kid will know what a sacrifice you made.

On a more fun and festive note.....HHT for me! I know it was just an exhibition but a solid victory over the U18 USNDT. Still too early to tell but this could shape up to be a rather interesting season. I hope. Next week should be more of a test with Michigan State and Michigan coming to town. Hoping the team treats me for my birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Jeez Brent, what a gut-wrenching decision that must've been. Hopefully that will kid will know what a sacrifice you made.

On a more fun and festive note.....HHT for me! I know it was just an exhibition but a solid victory over the U18 USNDT. Still too early to tell but this could shape up to be a rather interesting season. I hope. Next week should be more of a test with Michigan State and Michigan coming to town. Hoping the team treats me for my birthday!
                    She made it clear that RV.2 will know the whole story (when he's old enough, obviously) and we both agreed it will be up to him if he wants to re-connect. We are on the same page that THAT door (re-connecting) will never, ever close.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Hardy har har! I actually have a little gray in the beard if it grows out enough. Just a little salt'n'pepper.

For the Extras, you know the story already, but for the Lodge-onians, well, here goes:

Had a sit-down with the ex today. She has just about fully reconciled with her ex-husband (they have 3 kids), and the decision was made (I made the option available, and she accepted) that I am giving them full custody and waiving all visitation rights of Rube V.2, and she will waive all child support/etc. RV.2 will be able to meet me in the future, if he so desires, and I will be given any updates/photos/etc at any time, per my requesting them. I felt, and she obviously agreed, that this was for the best for RV.2, to keep the family whole. It's been a rough couple months, especially the last couple weeks. I've got a great network of support, and my family is behind this decision 100%.

I apologize if this is a bit heavy, however I feel I can share this with all y'all, as we've gotten to know each other over the years on a multitude of levels. It kind of goes to show how close this community really is.
                      Thoughts and prayers your way, sir. I hope everything works out for the best for you and the child. Extremely impressed with how you handled the situation and how important the child's interests are to you. You may be a rodent, but you're a **** good guy!
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Also I'm at the *FT still.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Morning Lodge from a permanent resident of the *HT!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

S'upp y'all

On my way to the Bronx to check out the Donald's new course.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              At the HHT... technically I guess I need to share the seat with les...
                              Chocolate milk to you sir. (at 7 I am guessing an adult beverage might be a bit early in our neck of the woods.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Good Morning Lodge from a permanent resident of the *HT!
                              Boy, you signed the lease early

Brent my heart is aching for you.

Comment

Happy Birthday JF_Gophers!!

Comment

Working...
                                X